Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Started Playing Old Sims

So I picked up MCFS 3 just for the heck of it. So far it seems okay(that is when it runs). By the way how long does it take to beat that game...is a there any meathod to it or what?

Then I started playing Super Strike Eagle on the SNES and after playing WOE...gong back to that was somewhat comical.

Anyway are you still playing old games or have you abandoned them for newer and better games like Fallout New Vegas?

I haven't reinstalled CFS3 since my upgrade to Win7, but I sort of plan on it at some point. Until late last year when I did the upgrade, I still played it every once in awhile. The Firepower addon I bought for it really helped things, as did all the modded planes the 1% team made for it. The stock game was a bit lacking. Anyway, I think it was the best of the CFS games and the only one I'd bothered to buy.

I still play older games all the time, in fact I recently went thru and replayed all the HL2 games, Far Cry 1, Doom 3, even Deus Ex and Thief 2. For sims I've still got EECH (with mods) and Il-2 1946, even the original LOMAC still installed along with F4.

The limit seems to be about 10 years. Older than that and current systems tend to get errors trying to play games unless they've been fixed/updated for new sales on places like GOG.com and Steam.

The campaign in CFS3, if you don't lose very quickly, will take forever.

Definitely go for the full suite of mods, MAW, Korea ETO remade, 1% planes etc. Stock CFS3 is kinda eh but not as bad as it was reviewed, and its better on XP IMO because with W7 graphics drivers, you lose the wonderful specular effects that was previously constrained to ATI cards. It now happens on Nvidia too, but works fine with Nvidia in XP. IMHO, the specular and reflective effects of CFS3 are still superior to Strike Fighters.

CFS3?...Only worth playing when it has OFF installed!!! :good:

And I will third that comment Widowmaker old chap... though I have been trying out some of the other additions to CFS3 lately... and the MTO ETO et al are all pretty darned good...

Edited by Slartibartfast

The very old European Air War is still on my computer and sometimes i still play it. The graphic is outdated, thats true, but the old feeling of mass battles is great.

And I will third that comment Widowmaker old chap... though I have been trying out some of the other additions to CFS3 lately... and the MTO ETO et al are all pretty darned good...

Yes Slarti, I agree.

I was more referring to Vanilla CFS3 (and we all know what that is like!!)

I have an old system still set up for the Clasics..Antholgy :good:

Just fired up Janes F/A-18 last night and played through a campaign mission. However, I spent too much time looking down in the cockpit trying to remember how to work things and got my @$$ handed to me by a MiG-31!

Still flying European air wars regularly here :), now with 24 bit graphics, individual plane skins and 512 x 512 skins at that.... its still great fun.. come and have a fly on Gameranger ...

cheers,

Pobs

Guest rscsjsuso5

speaking of old sims , starting to play novalogic's sim , quite amazing back then , plus very similar in keyboard command to sf1 .