Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

My new Camel!

Louvert cooked this beauty of a Camel up for me. I'm in love with it! The DG are the initials of my name, 1986 being the year I was born, but the best part is the tulips on the side. They represent my wife and when I showed them to her she just thought it was the neatest thing in the world. In fact I can now devote more time to OFF than before because she knows I'll be flying this kite around. The Camel's already a pretty plane, but this one's gorgeous. Cheers to Louvert, many thanks to him and the rest of this community good.gif drinks.gifclapping.gif

Javito_DG_Camel.jpg

Guest British_eh

RAF_L certainly has some talent. Nice to see the new guy gets an airplane skinned. I had to wait 3 years ;(

British_eh

Oh, that sure is a beauty, Javito and Lou! Very believeable!

Very nice Lou and many happy flights to you Javito1986.

Javito, I am glad to know you like your new kite Sir. May she serve you well. Thanks to all for the kind comments, and I again want to add my own personal"Thank You" to our great dev team who made all the original skins available to us in the first place.

That's definitely one of the best Camels I've ever seen in OFF or any other sim. :good:

Looks really nice!

The tulip emblem is just awesome! :ok:

I don't like the initials much...at least the repetition on the sides is too much IMHO...

I have a more Spartan taste, I guess...

Good Flights!

:drinks:

Hasse Wind wrote:

That's definitely one of the best Camels I've ever seen in OFF or any other sim.

Wow! High praise indeed HW. Thank you Sir.

The cowl design is one I fought with for a full day to ultimately work around the wrap distortion when I was building Belgian ace Jan Olieslagers' Camel. The tulip design comes from a very old quilt which I used a clip from and traced over to create the template. Elephant, you may not care for the repetition of the initials but historically that is how the Brits marked many of their aircraft in the Great War. But as I say often, to each their own. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

Great looking Camel there... Congrats on to the parents... great work Lou... glad you are both proud of your new creation. :drinks:

OK, I understand...and approove, after all.

The skin is Great! I didn't claim any historical non plausibility. :dntknw:

I just found it too ornamented for my personal taste...

Well said:" to each their own."

:drinks:

PS: I love those tulips! :good:

Yes, the tulip emblem is great, and as already said by others, looks very historically believable in my opinion. Nice job!

Yea I was freaking impressed let me tell you. When Lou asked I told him any old picture of a tulip off Google Images would do. I was NOT expecting anything like that yikes.gif, that blew my mind at how great and fitting it looked on the side of the Camel

I could only find one part that caused concern for me.............. you were born in '86.

'86 was a good year! Minus that business with the Challenger. Curiously, that was some 9 months before I was born and the news of it broke at the same time the doctor was busy explaining to my mother exactly why she'd been feeling nausea the past few days

Are those tulips for you or for the enemy? :wink:

Beautiful work on the skin. Maybe I will ask for a skull with a rose between his teeth, or is that too morbid?

Those are the tulips I'm going to place over the graves of my enemies after I bury their dead stupid Fokkers in the mud!!!

Whoo heat.gif, that bit of aggression wore me out

It's one thing to call those that fly Albatros, Krauts. It's quite another to call us Fokkers! :diablo::lol:

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche