Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

COD Black Ops

Has to be the most over-rated game of 2010.

Boooooring, Linear and the same old same old.

Wake me up when it's over :heat:

Been playing the hell out of the MP. Having a freakin' blast with it too. I play with a good bunch of guys, we talk a bunch of mess on TS and have a good time. You should come play with us.

SP sucks, MP rocks!

I'm getting tired of the half-assed support for SP experiences in these "big" shooters.

I recently bought on sale on Steam all the CoD games up to 4. Well, not 3, that was console only. The expansion for the first CoD was longer than CoD4! Sure it was fun, but it was stupidly short and the CoD series already had a history of being short. I think I finished the original CoD in 7 hrs, its expansion took 5 hrs, and CoD4 took, like its name suggests, just 4!

It's akin to going to see a new Star Trek film and it totally rocking and then ending after 35 mins!

I've been playing FPS games since Wolf 3D. I've not played them all, that would have been difficult and expensive, but I've played pretty much all the good ones and the big ones. There's no doubt that these "hash em out for a quick buck" CoD games are a spit in the face for us loyal FPS SP gamers.

Edited by JediMaster

Its not hash them out for a quick buck, they are making their money on the MP , the single player aspect is an after thought anymore. Last night there were 18500 servers running Black Ops MP last night. That is how they are making thier money. Being stubborn and not playing MP for whatever reason is just plain silly. If anyone has been watching MP is where the money is at. People should quit complaining and actually join a good group and play it online, have fun instead of whining about how short the single player is. (I'm talking in general terms not pointing fingers at anyone)

TK could use MP for his sims, think how much more they would take off if he had them. Now Im not a MP guy for flying sim anymore but I do see the need for them.

I know of at least one simmer who's passed on the SF2 generation because of lack of MP after buying and enjoying most of the 1st gen stuff (never got SFP1 itself). I don't care if it's a new title using the same planes and terrains as the past SF2 titles with MP simply tacked on with the ability to do both random (like the 1st gen MP) or scripted missions (the new editor makes that even more appealing, I was sad the 1st gen games didn't offer it) or a whole new title built from the ground up, I just like flying sims with a wide range of aircraft to use. DCS and F4 and their ilk are fine in smaller doses, but I don't want to fly more than 2 hrs of it before I'm ok for a good week. I will likely never dump Il-2 because it has so many planes.

However, I only do coop MP. I never fly H2H, just like I don't play ANY MP game against humans anymore. Not RTS games, not FPS, not sims. It's just too common to find yourself playing against someone who is either cheating or just put 200% more time into the game than you can afford to (short of being unemployed and/or obsessed) and quite frankly I get ZERO enjoyment out of getting pwned every 30 seconds or match or flight or however that game is setup. I cannot devote the time necessary to become "competitive" with those people, and I don't find getting trounced by them entertaining. Once or twice can be informative in a "learning new tricks" way, but I'm not going to subject myself to 20+ hrs of "school" before I can start to enjoy myself, if ever. Trying to find people who are exactly the same level as I am and that STAY at that level after several months of playing it is pretty much impossible. I quit racing MP at SimHQ because while 4 yrs ago when it was new I was competitive, after a couple of years the diehards spent EVERY minute on their PCs practicing the next tracks and tinkering in the garage and I was lucky to finish on the same lap as the 10th place finisher! The enjoyment was gone fighting to be top of the bottom 3 every week.

I loved coop FPS MP games, like Serious Sam, Quake, Doom, OFP/Arma. Me and other humans pitted against vast numbers of AI is where it's at. I want to relax when I play these games. Adversarial MP I do NOT find relaxing.

• Like 1

Black Ops has 4 person coop against waves of zombies, TONS of fun.

I hear you on finding a group to play with. It can be tough. I am not good at MP FPS at all JM. Not one bit, and I get owned alot. I still have fun. However the advantage you would have now is that you could join the group I play with and not have to worry about any of those issues.

I was put off MP a long time ago by the spawn campers, bunnyhoppers and general assholes to be found

• Like 1

I know of at least one simmer who's passed on the SF2 generation because of lack of MP after buying and enjoying most of the 1st gen stuff (never got SFP1 itself). I don't care if it's a new title using the same planes and terrains as the past SF2 titles with MP simply tacked on with the ability to do both random (like the 1st gen MP) or scripted missions (the new editor makes that even more appealing, I was sad the 1st gen games didn't offer it) or a whole new title built from the ground up, I just like flying sims with a wide range of aircraft to use. DCS and F4 and their ilk are fine in smaller doses, but I don't want to fly more than 2 hrs of it before I'm ok for a good week. I will likely never dump Il-2 because it has so many planes.

However, I only do coop MP. I never fly H2H, just like I don't play ANY MP game against humans anymore. Not RTS games, not FPS, not sims. It's just too common to find yourself playing against someone who is either cheating or just put 200% more time into the game than you can afford to (short of being unemployed and/or obsessed) and quite frankly I get ZERO enjoyment out of getting pwned every 30 seconds or match or flight or however that game is setup. I cannot devote the time necessary to become "competitive" with those people, and I don't find getting trounced by them entertaining. Once or twice can be informative in a "learning new tricks" way, but I'm not going to subject myself to 20+ hrs of "school" before I can start to enjoy myself, if ever. Trying to find people who are exactly the same level as I am and that STAY at that level after several months of playing it is pretty much impossible. I quit racing MP at SimHQ because while 4 yrs ago when it was new I was competitive, after a couple of years the diehards spent EVERY minute on their PCs practicing the next tracks and tinkering in the garage and I was lucky to finish on the same lap as the 10th place finisher! The enjoyment was gone fighting to be top of the bottom 3 every week.

I loved coop FPS MP games, like Serious Sam, Quake, Doom, OFP/Arma. Me and other humans pitted against vast numbers of AI is where it's at. I want to relax when I play these games. Adversarial MP I do NOT find relaxing.

And can I get an 'Amen!'. I used to enjoy AA when it was new, but after a while, it got old for the same reason.

I have a life outside of gaming and simply won't be able to compete with some guy who eats, sleeps, and drinks gaming. And besides, I dislike people in general. :biggrin:

That's why I like the SF series...it allows me to game the way I want to. Gaming by my rules and schedule.

FC

• Like 1