Sign in to follow this  
GunnySonics

Introduction

Hi team, I just thought I would introduce myself to the site, i joined yesterday after downloading Strike Fighters 2 Europe and Isreal from Thridwire. Im a 37 year old Submariner in the Royal Navy living in Plymouth, ive been playing flightsims since 1985, my first cockpit was a ZX Spectrum, if anyone can remember them!!!

I have also been lucky enough to grow up at various RAF bases around the world as my Dad served in the Royal Air Force for 25 years, at the age of 7 it was a common site to see Avro Vulcans flying over my house which was an amazing site especially when they were armed with Britains Nuclear weapons.

Anyway, I have been simming mainly with FS2000-FS2004 for the last 10 years but I finally decided to give up on Microsofts Flightsim due to stability issues and after a bit of Googling I found Strike Fighters 2, and after only 24 hours I am well impressed, I must admit though I only purchased these games due to the mod support it has from this site, and after looking at the downloads, without installing any yet I have already decided to subscribe and give somthing back as this site is obviously a Mecca for military flight simmers.

No doubt I will be asking you guys for a bit of support in installation questions etc having just started out with SF2, my main interests are RAF aircraft from the Cold War period, so any recomendations on mods from this era will be greatly appreciated.

Great To be a part of such a fantastic website, and a happy new year to you all

Gunny.

Welcome GunnySonics!

Enjoy your stay! If you have any doubts regarding Strike Fighters, mods installation, creation or usage, a lot of questions can be answered by reading the Knowledge Base:

http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-sf2-series-knowledge-base/

And yes, it's a Mecca :smile:

(and yes, I remember ZX "coffin" too)

Welcome to the site Gunny - hope you find it a valuable resource.

My advice to newbies is to get used to the games first before adding complex mods in.

The SF2 Knowledgebase is here http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-sf2-series-knowledge-base/

also here http://combatace.com/forum/272-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series/

In the general discussion section someone started a must have mods thread - but its really a matter of opinion - and some will be easier to get working than others.

Welcome to the site Gunny. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks guys, your welcome greetings remind of the heat of a phantoms afterburners!!! :salute:

Welcome Gunny Sonics!! Enjoy the site and the mods to expand your virtual air force!!

Edited by Skyviper

welcome to the site and thirdwire sims, any questions or problems jump up and ask.