Are nuclear weapons available in SF2 and if so what are the effects on using them, does anyone have any screen shots?

B61, SRAM, B63, and ALCM. and some weird missile I launched once from the KF1-AX (basicalty I can't remember at the moment). As for effects I can't help you there as I regularly don't use them.

With the nukes as above they are impressive I rarely take screenies so I cannot help you but the effect is you drop a nuke on an airbase and no more airbase... you get the flash and mushroom cloud etc...

depends on the target you want to kill, fire one at an airbase and you will kill everything around the airbase except the runway. (note do not use nuke alone if going after a runway) Gunnys weapons packs for SF2 include many of the early series Mk 4,5,6,7 freefall bombs but they are rather strong and not advised for use as is. if you go in the data ini for the weapon and dial the explosive down about ten percent you can use it without dying other wise you will kill everything in ten miles including you and your flight! it will also cause aircraft carriers to be listed as destroyed although they will still appear in the screen(this after a mission where i launched 6 SRAMs at the Kitty Hawk!) for realism they aren't all that great(as it would have taken alot to cross the nuclear threshold) but for fun they are ok to use sometimes. like one mision where i had a B-52G loaded with ALCMs aand provided my own SEAD:grin:

Most number of MiG kills I ever had in one mission was with an F-111-fired SRAM. I'm talking AA kills, BTW...a whole flight of MiGs was in the air over their base and I think I got 10 kills? Maybe 12.

There were also dozens of ground kills, of course. The trick was to fire from a good distance away, I think I was well over 10 miles.

Nukes don't need precision aiming. :grin:

Most number of MiG kills I ever had in one mission was with an F-111-fired SRAM. I'm talking AA kills, BTW...a whole flight of MiGs was in the air over their base and I think I got 10 kills? Maybe 12.

There were also dozens of ground kills, of course. The trick was to fire from a good distance away, I think I was well over 10 miles.

sounds great i must try that!!!

Well, huh, i remember the first time i tried to drop a nuke from a level flight B-52 at 40.000 feet without the sights...target was an airbase, i killed nothing. Quite a good CEP of mine.

Download the B-1B Redux package. It includes the B61, B83, and SRAM, with correct delivery profiles and working weapon effects.

FC

The A-5 has a selection of nuclear stores ranging from 30kt to 2mt. I always use 2mt just to be sure.

In that case you better back off and nuke it from orbit. Just to be sure.