Sign in to follow this  

Well here is what I have been doing with my weapons packs. I have cut out every smoke rocket, inert bomb, gas bomb, flash bomb, training missile, travel pod, If it doesn't kill or is needed for self protection, or night recon, I took it out. Its a combination of ALL the weps packs through the years. TMF, Buny's, wpnssgt, Gunny super pack, even lindr's awesome Soviet bomb pack. is there any interest OR is just another confusing weapons pack to install? It doesnt add anything new just cuts down on stuff some might not want or need. Also need to ask lindr if he minds if I add some of his tuff too. Thoughts?

I for one would like a weapons pack thats easy to use.I'm not in the Airforce so to me 47 training bombs and 38 smoke rockets is really just stuff that gets in my way.I wish there was a way to make tatgets but until then they really just use up space.I would welcome a more streamlined weapons pack.Not that I think that the efforts into the less "useful" weapons was not good it's just stuff that really dosn't ever get used except to "play around"

Agreed I've streamlined my weapons folder as well. I have a few training weapons but overall I keep that to a minimum as obviously I use more of the "live" stuff.

I'd use it for sure Dave.

I've installed Gunnys pack but there are many things I don't really use.

I think this would be extremely popular and I for one would definitely use it and if you could include everything thats needed to install it I think it would be particularly useful with the less experienced modder/player and those like me who are getting old and can't remember how we installed the other packs we,ve used over the years hehe.

Well the smoke rockets and everything is cool, I just like blowing stuff up more. I can not even imagine the hair pulling Gunny did to get all those things to work. Now here is where I kept all the smoke rockets, and inert bombs and practive bombs. I made the a Range install. So when I need to go practice I use the practice stuff, training stuff, makring rockets. Now that comes is really handy and those weapons dont go to waste.

same has the outers heres i delete all inert and smoke pratice weapons long ago do use and save HD space pls continue

edit i have 154 guns in my guns folder i you i can send it to you or upload it for general use i just dont who made watt gun ok

Edited by cocas

Go for it! Mine stands at 2252 Weapons now and with the right Loadout.ini's, I have no problems with any Terrain and any Campaign/Mission. But I know What is What by the Nomenclatures. Wpnssgt did the Training Weapons. I included them in My Pack for those who wish to use them with the various Ranges Terrains.

I have no objections to trimming the Pack down. It's whatever the Community needs.

The Problem I had with building the Packs is keeping the Effects stright. There are some many from so many From Effects and Weapons Packs, It was hard to keep them stright.

Lindr2 Has just done his Russian Bomb Pack. If he does a Missle Pack, I bet I'll alot more than 2252.......... :blink:

Semper Fi

331KillerBee

Well here is what I have been doing with my weapons packs. I have cut out every smoke rocket, inert bomb, gas bomb, flash bomb, training missile, travel pod, If it doesn't kill or is needed for self protection, or night recon, I took it out. Its a combination of ALL the weps packs through the years. TMF, Buny's, wpnssgt, Gunny super pack, even lindr's awesome Soviet bomb pack. is there any interest OR is just another confusing weapons pack to install? It doesnt add anything new just cuts down on stuff some might not want or need. Also need to ask lindr if he minds if I add some of his tuff too. Thoughts?

I'm interested Dave. I meant to transfer all of the hi res weapon skins from the TMF packs into Gunny's pack in my merged install, it became quite a job LOL. I wanted to get rid of the inert & smoke & WW2 weapons too but after 20th weapon my eyes were tired lol.

Falcon

I like nukes.......oh...sorry wrong meeting...... :rofl::lol:

Must admit I for one would welcome it as even though I spent 10 years and 30 years studying weapons etc I get confused at times... Age is catching up to me again... its embarassing when you load a training weapon and find yourself in a perfect situation and :blink:. dont ask was having a bad day in the virtual office... Smoke rockets against Tanks I was fast fac'ing myself...

As to the nukes... we gotta keep them there good for fighting off winter bit of instant sunshine doesn't hurt anyone well not too much... :lol:

Edited by Slartibartfast

Slimming down the weapons packs is a great idea Dave. One further useful step might be to take out all of the "minor nations" variants of common US, NATO, UK weapons etc. I'm not sure that we really need Turkish-specific Mk 82's, Taiwanese AIM-9's or Saudi JP 233's?

Mike

Edited by Mike Dora

to throw my two cents in i would slim it down somewhat but also break it down into the eras, say by decade of release. one generic pack for things like mk 80 series bombs that have been around forever and will stay around for longer then a 50's pack 60's pack etc for the needs of the user. it is how i busted gunnys SF2 pack down on my backup tho due confusion on nomenclature and just plain cross eyedness (did he mention 2000+files?) i had not excluded everything in each set. and for a red nickel to boot change the data ini on the mk 80 series to cut it off pre 1964 (F-47D over tempelhof with mk81?really?)

Dave,

I add my meager name to the list of those that would "like". By nature I'm a lazy turd and always welcome reaping the benefits of others hard work! :good:

I've done the same for my installs in the past. I normally make 'DEMVAL' (Demonstration/Evaluation) installs to test stuff out, which I sometimes use the inert stuff. My other installs are 'live' only cool.gif

A cumulative pack is in general a great idea :) I actually never installed a complete weapons pack. I try to keep things as neat and clean and sane as possible :P What i do with packs is install only specific weapons a new plane might need that are not already in the plane pack or some ordnance (pod or weapon) i am specifically interest at a given time. But its good if my "library" was a cumulative pack of all weapons pack released. What i dont like is repetition though, same weapon or pod repeated twice or thrice and having to figure out what are the differences. But smoke pods for example i might like to play with at some point, load an aerobatic skin/plane hit and fraps it etc

Well I am still getting it together but this will be minus the effects. I just dont have the time. So if you have an effects already installed or just grab gunny weps and grab the effects out of that.