Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: Ubisoft creating a brand new IL-2 Sturmovik game

Here's some more info: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201

it looks like there will be a German campaign: "The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side, or join the German Luftwaffe and take part in meticulously recreated historical battles. "

As I said above I'm pretty convinced this is rushed release, so I will wait till making my move...

We are talking about the same sim here, right? The one that was originally supposed to hit the shelves in November 2006?? If it is, I think I've waited long enough...:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Parky

:rofl:

"The last will be the first" or so it says in the bible.

I will wait even longer - to finally get the sim, when it is really gamer tested and sorted out.

In my Albatros I feel I have all the time in the world - no haste to get to those roaring

glass houses - I would miss the scent of the poppies...

Edited by Olham

If I'm reading right here, this is a retitled Storm of War that's been in "development" since.....since....um....2004? Yeah, well, until I see an actual hard copy at Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy or whatever this will remain the vaporware Duke Nukem Forever of the sim world in my book.

I agree with elephant. I foresee many patches in Cliffs of Dover's future if it actually releases when they say it will. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time too. But I'm worried about the "completed" state this game will be in judging from what I've seen and read on forums.

I'll be very disappointed if there isn't a German campaign. I want to fly one of those yellow-nosed b*st*rds!

There is a German campaign...says so on Olegs forum when they gave out details...

I thought the landscape looked like a watercolour...however I'm sure it will be a good sim with many expansion and big old patch's with extra content...

I will buy at some point.

Edited by Wodin

I'm buying it immediately--whenever that is--so I'll post screenies/impressions for you guys waiting to pull the trigger.

If it doesnt have a German Campaign..I'm not gonna bother!...Flying Just Spits and Hurri's gets a bit boring

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® 7 / Vista SP2 / Windows XP SP3

PROCESSOR: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+ (Intel Core i5 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz recommended)

RAM: 2GB (4GB recommended)

VIDEO CARD: DirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512Mb Video Card (1GB DirectX® 10 recommended) - See supported List*

DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0c or DirectX® 10 (included on disc)

DVD-ROM DRIVE: 8X

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible

HARD DISK: 10GB

PERIPHERALS: Mouse, keyboard (joystick with throttle and rudder control recommended)

MULTIPLAY: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:

ATI® 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970

NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/118072/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover-specs

If it doesnt have a German Campaign..I'm not gonna bother!...Flying Just Spits and Hurri's gets a bit boring

Quite right, old chap. What's the sense in flying planes you already know are going to win the Battle of Britain before it even starts......:grin:

Cheers,

Parky

(Olham.....you've just been "baited"......lol)

IT HAS A GERMAN CAMPAIGN....sorry to shout...but it seems no one is taking notice...

(Olham.....you've just been "baited"......lol)

You might be surprised here, Parky, but as Widowmaker also likes to fly the German "Yellow noses",

I really love to fly Hurricanes against bombers (Hurries were the toughest!), or Spits against Messerschmidts

(the Spits were the most beautiful kites!) - and it is ALWAYS sheer fun to hunt down Stukas, when they are

about to bomb the radar towers!

Wodin wrote:

IT HAS A GERMAN CAMPAIGN....sorry to shout...but it seems no one is taking notice...

No worries, I at least heard you the first time Sir. Don't take it personally Wodin, this place can get a bit out of hand when the rowdys start trying to giving each other a wind up. :grin:

(the Spits were the most beautiful kites!)

May be slightly Off Topic but worth seeing... :yikes:

Let's wait and see how Oleg's team can cope this... :cool:

Edited by elephant

Don't take it personally Wodin, this place can get a bit out of hand when the rowdys start trying to giving each other a wind up. :grin:

Yeah, sometimes it seems like a furball here - everybody has someone in his gunsights, and nobody has the overview.

Apart from that, I often noticed, that others people's post must have crossed with mine, but I only saw them later.

Can get quite confusing then.

I see the dynamic campaign has been dropped aswell as dynamic weather....apparently so the game can be released sooner...god knows what else has gone by the wayside...the word is all thats been cut will be added at a later date...

I was going to buy..not to sure know...shall await reviews and a fair few patches I think.

That's certainly disappointing news. It seems to follow in the footsteps of IL2, with the initial lack of a decent campaign mode etc.

Makes me wonder what the single player game will be like....which is my prime interest.

Well if it isn't a wind up by Oleg we will have to fight one of our own due to a love interest......

I see the dynamic campaign has been dropped aswell as dynamic weather....apparently so the game can be released sooner...god knows what else has gone by the wayside...the word is all thats been cut will be added at a later date...

I was going to buy..not to sure know...shall await reviews and a fair few patches I think.

Thanks for the warning. I sure ain't buying it without a dynamic campaign because I can't do multi-player with my satellite internet. Damn, that's highly disappointing. I was really looking forward to this game.

potential is nothing if the devloper isn't prepared to realise it. Great project management is crucial in a complex title, from the publisher right down to the last programmer.

Sounds promising, but we'll have to wait and see.

potential is nothing if the devloper isn't prepared to realise it. Great project management is crucial in a complex title, from the publisher right down to the last programmer. Sounds promising, but we'll have to wait and see.

Well, on the plus side, by the time the game gets a dynamic campaign (assuming it ever does), it'll be in the bargain bin. Also, patches will have been released by that point. Thus, I'll get a better product for a lower price. On the minus side, I'll have to wait for it. But OTOH, not being an IL-2 fan, I didn't even know the thing was coming at all until last week, so I don't feel like I've waited at all yet, and think of the hypothetical future game worth buying as having just been announced for delivery early next year or so.

Well, on the plus side, by the time the game gets a dynamic campaign (assuming it ever does), it'll be in the bargain bin. Also, patches will have been released by that point.

True.