Sign in to follow this  

MQ-10A Kodiak

MQ-10A Kodiak – Release Version 4.0

Welcome to the Kodiak release version 4.0. This plane was conceived out of my need to find something to effectively kick-start my creative juices and prime me mentally to tackle a few of my languishing projects.

The MQ-10A is obviously a fictitious UAV on steroids. I best described it once as the unholy union of an A-10 and a Predator drone. It’s capable of carrying pretty much everything and oh, did I mention it VTOLS? Yeah, I wet myself a little too...

Please fly it, enjoy it for what it is and go blow some crap up…

NOTES:

1. Engine nacelles are rotated via what ever you have mapped for VTOL. Max VTOL weight is around 47,000

2. Do not be bashful in criticism or critique.

3. Installation is easy… decompress and cut/paste it in your aircraft folder. It has been tested on all version 2 games but should work in version 1 as well.

CHANGE LOG / FIXES:

1. The weird porpoises issue has been fixed. The Kodiak is again a rock-sold weapon platform.

2. Right, wrong, or indifferent, I’ve settled on a very basic if not extremely functional projected cockpit format.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

1. I pilfered the HUD stuff from Fastcargo’s F-35 bird.

2. I pilfered FM tidbits from a lot of different birds. ** Once I finalize on what will be enclosed in the final product I will include full and complete disclosure.

3. It includes a default Olive Drab scheme and all layered paintshop pro templates to assist in the creation of more.

Ha!

You released it, very seriously cool!

There is something about it that just works for me, in concept, and now implemenation.

Can't wait to download it, and try it this weekend, it should be a cool break from the

planned obsessing about the controls for DCS: A-10C Warthog I'd planned on...

:drinks:

I'd ask the creator of the KF2 for HUD help...

I'd ask the creator of the KF2 for HUD help...

My pickle is that I wanted all the rwr, mfd, radar and TV displays to be translucent to fit the whole "virtual" pit" idea... However the game display function calls for them to be bitmap only.

Tried it with the bitmaps and it just looks plain craptacular...

Unless I can figure out some way to fudge my conceptual cockpit, I'll have to either go with a conventinal pit of some type or go with my original idea of creating a fixed display to give the impression of remotely piloting the bird. (Think how the UAV pilots do it now. (This is becoming the more plausable alternative as I mull it over).

Thanks

Ha!

You released it, very seriously cool!

There is something about it that just works for me, in concept, and now implementation.

Can't wait to download it, and try it this weekend, it should be a cool break from the

planned obsessing about the controls for DCS: A-10C Warthog I'd planned on...

Well... when the migraine subsides from wrestling with the DCS Sim this will make for a enjoyable "simpleton" diversion LOL!

Kodiaks seen over the lands of Mescalito!

post-310-075470100 1298663416.png

post-310-033668300 1298663496.png

post-310-038190100 1298663569.png

So far, so good, the the FM seems a bit wonky when wing leveler is on.

More on that later...

The biggest problem I've had so far was a strike mission in Afghanistan... took off and as soon as I hit 10000ft MSL it was like the Cylons threw a switch and engine thrust went to zero (just altitude nothing wrong with the FM or anything)... I managed to dodge the Grouse that was fired at me but it needs more power for high altitude ops. I checked the data.ini and yeah it's 2200 so do I just change it and it won't "shut down" like it did.

Kodiak's seen over the lands of Mescalito!

post-310-075470100 1298663416.png

post-310-033668300 1298663496.png

post-310-038190100 1298663569.png

So far, so good, the the FM seems a bit wonky when wing leveler is on.

More on that later...

Thanks Spectre. FM is truly a "work in progress"... There are still bits in there that are residual from the the original bird I pilfered them from. I'm going to hazard the guess that it's the oscillating pitch? If it is, I believe I know what the problem is and should have it fixed with the next release.

Keep'm coming... Stuff like this makes my laundry list before I post the release version.

Edited by Zurawski

The biggest problem I've had so far was a strike mission in Afghanistan... took off and as soon as I hit 10000ft MSL it was like the Cylons threw a switch and engine thrust went to zero (just altitude nothing wrong with the FM or anything)... I managed to dodge the Grouse that was fired at me but it needs more power for high altitude ops. I checked the data.ini and yeah it's 2200 so do I just change it and it won't "shut down" like it did.

Yeah, if you up the alt. it'll fix that. What would you recommend as a more reasonable ceiling?

Not sure since I routinely fly 22-25,000 MSL. I would say equivalent (maybe) to the A-10 just as a test.

Tried 27209 which is the value for the GR7 and worked fine. The same problem with the Altitude Hold didn't hold. It has a weird tendency to pitch up but that could be I'm at 100% Throttle all the time but flew good.

Yeah, there is a pitch issue, but it is hard to see without a good horizon line reference.

I'll be tooling along at about 7,500 - 8,500' and slap on the wing-leveler and reduce thrust to 75% or so.

It may have a couple of degrees up, but it sure looks flat, and slowly you get an airspeed bleed from about 400 knots indicated,

down to about 225 or so in less than a minute. Shoving the throttle to the stops does not improve it, only pitching the nose

down a few degrees will.

I went outside to make sure the engine latches weren't unlatched, cool touch BTW, and they were clamped down, and the air brake

was closed as well.

I would make suggestions, but I am thoroughly lost in the FM parts of the DATA.INI.

It is one fun mohican to toss around, and the loadout rocks!

There ia just something about the looks that really trips my trigger;

post-310-075977900 1298673890.png

It just exudes bad-assery! Even the rims are of the OD green persuasion...

It is one fun Mohican to toss around, and the loadout rocks!

There is just something about the looks that really trips my trigger;

It just exudes bad-assery! Even the rims are of the OD green persuasion...

LOL! "bad-assery" was exactly what I was going for! :grin:

Very inventive! Thank you.

Thank-You...

"Inventive" is my middle name!... Ok, it's really not but it would be quite a conversation point!

lovely drone Zur!