Sign in to follow this  
eskltn

Chaff Flare Sounds

I would like to add a sound for chaff and flare release. What files do I edit? I already have the wav. sound in the sound folder.

Thanks!

I would like to add a sound for chaff and flare release. What files do I edit? I already have the wav. sound in the sound folder.

Thanks!

There's nothing you can mod in that area. Sounds are associated with specific coded events, and those can only be added by the developer (ThirdWire), and not by any modder.

That would have been very cool though

If chaff/Flare cannot have sounds, can they be modded as weapons which can?

It is possible to create a rocket pod that uses the chaff and flare effects (and sounds for each), but the game egine will not recognize them as IR or Radar decoys, so other than providing eye and ear candy, it would be pretty useless in game-play.

I was thinking of a gun souund but you cannot tie the two events together. Oh well!

You could theoretically create a secondary gun, but the same caveat applies: No effect on IR or Radar seekers.

I'm late to this and probably a lot of other parties, in the TW boards but take it from a real weapon handler, at the most you might, might, hear a soft pop when you punch chaff/flare. The cartridges are basically large shotgun shells and are aft and below most cockpits that it would be impossible to hear over all other noise in flight. I know from experience that on the HH-60H when the ALE-39 was activated no one could hear it. The ALE-39 is the dispensers located in the round housings on the '60's tailboom, and most of the time we flew with the door and waist gun position open so with rotor, engine and wind noise hearing a Mk46 MOD1 pop would be impossible.

Yeah but as Fubar512 said it still has to be hardcoded regardless.

:good:

fw::

...hear a soft pop when you punch chaff/flare.

A mushy foam Windows keyboard can do that.

When I punch a chaff on my IBM Model M, it sounds like a 0.45. No need for modding a sound file.

On 22/04/2011 at 9:45 PM, Lexx_Luthor said:

:good:

fw::

A mushy foam Windows keyboard can do that.

:rofl::rofl:When I punch a chaff on my IBM Model M, it sounds like a 0.45. No need for modding a sound file.

:rofl: :lol: :haha: