Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Honestly, I have no idea why I'm posting this...

Just arrived at my grandparent's place up in NorCal today. While having dinner with them, the topic of celebrities with too much egos came up and that's when I found out that my aunt is Kate Beckinsale's personal assistant. Apparently, Kate sees herself as being fat. I should call my aunt so I can come over and give Ms. Beckinsale a second opinion on that. ;)

Edited by serverandenforcer
  • Like 1

Sounds like an oppurtunity to take advantage of a young lady's self-image issues! yeaaaahhhh

and you are here writing about it instead of going over to your aunt and help her with her job? :grin:

Edited by Nesher

and you are here writing about it instead of going over to your aunt and help her with her job? :grin:

Well... they're both over in Canada atm. Either that's where Kate lives or they're shooting a film over there.

Name one woman that doesnt think she is fat? Man woman have issues.

Her half sister, Samantha Beckinsale ( a much less famous actress ) briefly lived in the same village as me when I was in my late teens - we are just about the same age and I'd see her around in the pubs.

She was really pretty, I quite fancied her - and she had a nice personality by all accounts. I never bothered speaking to her though, a posh bird like that was way out of my league.

I don't think she would have gone for a ride on my clapped out 650 BSA chopper.....

< Insert ride on chopper joke here > :grin:

Just arrived at my grandparent's place up in NorCal today. While having dinner with them, the topic of celebrities with too much egos came up and that's when I found out that my aunt is Kate Beckinsale's personal assistant. Apparently, Kate sees herself as being fat. I should call my aunt so I can come over and give Ms. Beckinsale a second opinion on that. ;)

Should you be posting that here? I mean, if this is true and someone sees you posted that, then they will know your aunt is talking about Kate in a negative manner.

In Hollywood, once you are known as someone who cannot be trusted to not talk about the client, you are blacklisted.

It is like OPSEC.

Edited by Razorback

Should you be posting that here? I mean, if this is true and someone sees you posted that, then they will know your aunt is talking about Kate in a negative manner.

In Hollywood, once you are known as someone who cannot be trusted to not talk about the client, you are blacklisted.

It is like OPSEC.

You got a point there... :good:

Edited by serverandenforcer

Yeaps. I met a very well known Hollywood actor recently, helped her out a bit, and on our parting she told me her name. I said "i'm phl nice to meet you buy!!" Then she stopped me to explain who she was, and I never heard of her before, as I never watch Hollywood television (nor movies). She was real, but I never say the name. We talked a bit more, and I shared what I do watch -- Canadian and NZ sci~fi, Babylon~5 but JMS doesn't fit into Hollywood so I don't consider him Hollywood :good: anyways...Anyways she was totally cool, and those souls don't normally tell you their names. And neither do I. :drinks:

I'm afraid that story is contradictory! If she's well-known, than by default you WOULD have heard of her. The fact that you've not means she's not THAT well-known after all, and that explains why she was keen on having you know who she is.

There are 2 types of actors: those who want to be known more, and those who are too well-known for their comfort. She was obviously one of the former and was hoping that since you didn't know her face, you would know her name. When you didn't know that either, she wanted to be sure you knew what she did in the hopes that you would spread the story so she'd become better known. A lot of hiring in Hollywood is done on name recognition...if they can hire someone people recognize it can draw viewers, and if that person is on the rise it means they don't cost as much as they might be worth.

Well known is not the same as known by everyone.

I'm the kind of fella who'd get silently killed in the shadows, bare lightbulb swinging, in a WW2 Stalag where the US Army guys ask Newbies about baseball teams or players to verify them ...stuff you are supposed to know --- BORING.

Now, Canadian and NZ sci~fi (and JMS since he doesn't fit into Hollywood) I do all the time, as decades older USA movies and TV, preferably Black~n~White.

LOL, there is no such thing as American SF anymore, it's all been filmed in Canada for the last 15 years!

Chances are if you see someone on an episode of one series you'll see them on another. Rewatching SG-1, SG Atlantis, DS9, Voyager, BSG...I keep seeing the same guest stars over and over.

I thought StarTrek was USA, but yea they could cut costs in Canada maybe. I mostly get into shows that tend to be very much less "mainstream" than StarTrek I suppose.

The lady I met does very mainstream stuff, so I never heard of her. She told me to watch an upcoming episode of XXXX and I tuned in and there she was as guest star (never even heard of that show either). That was the neatest "tip" I ever got. Gotta realize, I'm the only American never to have seen *any* episode of Cheers, Viami Mice (whatever), or their current mainstream equivalents, such as this XXXX. That's the way I like it. Its also why I'd never survive my first night in a POW camp, as they'd all figure me for a plant -- I am equally ignorant of professional sports, which is also how I like it.

The key part of my little story above is: if you meet them or know of them, keep their names and identifying information private especially on teh internets. :salute:

ST was, but it went off the air how many years ago now? 6?