Sign in to follow this  
Cliff7600

Post a pic of your favorite airbase

Hi

In the OFF section, Olham started a topic "Post a picture of your nicest airfield".

I recognise that SF1&2 airbases can't be as nice as OFF airfields, but I thought that maybe everybody has a favorite airbase.

...and it won't be the first time that an excellent idea comes from OFF guys to SF1&2.

:drinks:

Let me show you mine :

In Baltika's Kamchatka terrain (blue side) this is Casco Cove (RNW 04/22)

post-46431-0-96235700-1306329278.jpg

This airbase is an issue because no wingmen can perform the landing approach without crashing in the heights.

There's a fix that relocate the runway and everything can be fine.

But this is that issue that I like the most, you have to perform a landing pattern to land.

I'm pretty sure that the last turn for final 22 is tighter than the last turn of a carrier landing approach.

It's also a great target when flying red side.

You can do a sneak attack following a little valley from the other side of the island that lead you straight on the base.

Thanks for reading :)

• Like 1

NAS Fallon, needs decorating.

gallery_5661_71_31371.jpg

Best are primitive airfields hidden in forest, in this case PVO airfields hiding from SAC bombers.

Yak-9Pine.jpg

Stary made me some tree tga's with nine trees across which are great for dense forest on flat airfield tiles with no performance hit. Here, I cut the trees to make stumps beyond the end of the runway, giving a bit more room for takeoff and approach.

MiG-9-2.jpg

Landing between the trees can be a challenge. I've been thinking of making and setting up two (2) invisible objects, one each side of the runway, very close, that have collision points to simulate hitting the trees, and maybe an invisible object at each end as well. The upper collision boundary would be the tree height. You would have to land good. I've not done it yet. Perhaps, someday.

Su-7-1.jpg

Somewhere in the desert.

post-3395-0-72046800-1306597546.jpg

And a shameless plug from me:

Yesilkoy, small military airfield next to the busy Ataturk Airport. With a very short runway. (around 1200 meters in game, should be 2000!)

post-30257-0-01293800-1306694946.jpg

A couple of mine....

post-841-0-51777700-1306749128.jpg

post-841-0-70621200-1306749149.jpg