Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

The Phönix D.II is here

I'm looking for a way to have the same download work for both versions. I'm using FE1(Gold) to make the planes. I had no idea that FE2 handled the decals differently until dsawan mentioned it.

If I put the decal (D) folder inside the skin folder and link to it in the decals.ini, then it will work for both versions - is this correct?

FE2 handles decals the same way as SF2. As a result, if you read the SF2 Knowlwdge Base, you will understand how FE2 works compared to FE1 of FE Gold.

It is not that hard to convert planes from FE1 to FE2, you just have to know the small "tricks" to do it.

And yes, you could have both sets of decals in your plane packages since neither game will read the others decals. You just have to have the correct decal.ini to ge with each game so it knows where to "see" the decals.

Edited by Panama Red

Just slaped some paint on these to get it started. A couple of Naval D.II's.

post-33545-0-75799100-1308670901.jpgpost-33545-0-34165800-1308670906.jpgpost-33545-0-61503800-1308670910.jpg

Quack, I really love the way you make dirt metal

Hi, again. I dont mean to be a pain. But i tried doing the decals as above and it still doesnt show for the Phoenix. i followed the readme for the LLoyd C2 in the same manner. The LLoyd is working though. So dont know what's wrong. Roight now, my decal folder looks like this for the phoenix:

decals/PhoenixD2/Texture1/D

Also, I didnt see a decals.ini anywhere in the upload.

Hi, again. I dont mean to be a pain. But i tried doing the decals as above and it still doesnt show for the Phoenix. i followed the readme for the LLoyd C2 in the same manner. The LLoyd is working though. So dont know what's wrong. Roight now, my decal folder looks like this for the phoenix:

decals/PhoenixD2/Texture1/D

Also, I didnt see a decals.ini anywhere in the upload.

For the Phoenix, you don't need the Texture1 folder. Like this

Decals/PhoenixD2/D

It all depends on how the decals.ini is written. In my planes the decals.ini is always in the Texture folders with the skins. The decals themselves may be in the textures folder or in the airplane folder depending on how much they're the same for the different skins. The Sikorsky also won't need the Texture1, so - Decals/SikorskyS16/D

Dumb question but where are those naval skins located int he downloads? I don't see them.

Dumb question but where are those naval skins located int he downloads? I don't see them.

Quack74 is working on some custom skins for the Phoenix. These are some work-in-progress posts. As Whiteknight said, he hasn't uploaded them yet.

Sorry guys I havnt been able to upload any skins for awhile now. I've been so busy with work and home life. But I do have a whole bunch almost ready to go. Stephen1918 cranking them out so fast I cant keep up :grin: .

Stephen1918 is cranking them out so fast I cant keep up :grin: .

Sorry about that :smile: I'm going to have to slow down soon and get caught up on my real life too.