Sign in to follow this  
theultimat

Alternative DVD Cover

Ok, so today I felt like trying some editing that was a little different, so I present to you an alternative front cover for the OFF: BH&H disk case!

gallery_66678_643_1500094.png

I like how this turned out, and I'm quite proud of it. It is in fact made up of three separate screen shots, the PC DVD-ROM tag, and the title at the bottom. cool.gif

If you saw that in a shop, would you buy it? grin.gif

That is superb m8...I think I may just have to nick that for my OFF DVD cover!.....maybe we should have a competition???

(Olham and LOU would defo like to have a go at that I bet?)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

A competition is an excellent idea Widow - we have a lot of talented people in addition to theultimat and I would definitely participate.

Edited by Shiloh

This is one area where the OFF community could make an excellent addition to P4. To create a cover that captures the whole feel of the subject is mighty difficult, and I've often sat and watched the various loading screens in BHaH and wondered why they ended up looking that way, who was responsible and what the process was - ie, what got included, and what got chucked out.

I suspect that the P4 cover will be best it is simple, stark and uncompromising. I should add that whilst I like the DVD cover on BHaH (very doomy, and quite right too), the screen on the HitR expansion never fails to make me grind my teeth in impotent fury. It's quite horrible and, I'm afraid, looks like it was put together by someone in a great hurry who knew nowt about the subject matter. The smiling/shouting N28 pilot really, really should not have made it onto the final product. Sorry if that's offended anyone, but I had to say it. Put an evocative cover on P4, and it will sell itself. Put a comic strip one on it and people will be less inclined to buy.

My 2 pennorth.

This is one area where the OFF community could make an excellent addition to P4. To create a cover that captures the whole feel of the subject is mighty difficult, and I've often sat and watched the various loading screens in BHaH and wondered why they ended up looking that way, who was responsible and what the process was - ie, what got included, and what got chucked out.

I suspect that the P4 cover will be best it is simple, stark and uncompromising. I should add that whilst I like the DVD cover on BHaH (very doomy, and quite right too), the screen on the HitR expansion never fails to make me grind my teeth in impotent fury. It's quite horrible and, I'm afraid, looks like it was put together by someone in a great hurry who knew nowt about the subject matter. The smiling/shouting N28 pilot really, really should not have made it onto the final product. Sorry if that's offended anyone, but I had to say it. Put an evocative cover on P4, and it will sell itself. Put a comic strip one on it and people will be less inclined to buy.

My 2 pennorth.

I agree...especially when up against the 'Unmentionable' Sim...whose cover is actually better than the content! (IMHO!!!!) :rofl:

After all...I know I have bought games in the past, where the cover has sold itself to me...and the same with books

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Nothing beats the music though - one of the best tunes in any game and it fits so well.

Edited by Shiloh

Nothing beats the music though - one of the best tunes in any game and it fits so well.

I'd just like to second that. It has a wonderful elegaic feel that particularly seems to suit WW1.

I think we'd all agree with you on that one Shiloh :drinks:

I vote we have a competition for both the game title as well as DVD cover. Great way to involve the community :) Would give the game a more home grown feel as well.

Now there's an idea. Like the greeting cards that play songs when you open them...have a cover flap that when you open it plays the beautiful, haunting theme of P4 from Matt. :) I bet it would get tons of sales then!

Hellshade

Now there's an idea. Like the greeting cards that play songs when you open them...have a cover flap that when you open it plays the beautiful, haunting theme of P4 from Matt. :) I bet it would get tons of sales then!

Hellshade

Brilliant Hellshade - give this man a spot on the marketing team!

It's fitting the 64 piece orchestra that will be tricky...

It's fitting the 64 piece orchestra that will be tricky...

This from the man who said we could probably never be able to fly through the clouds without near certain death wind trauma to our fragile little planes. Sorry, but after you fixed that we all expect anything to be possible. :grin:

Hellshade

Nice cover there Ulti old chap. And a contest, sponsered by the devs, for new packaging? What a spiffing idea! Haven't had a dev-run show around here since the skinning party two years ago. Of course, they have been a tad bit busy with some project or other. What was it called again? Ah yes... now I remember...P4. :biggrin:

Yeah, why not have a "P4 package cover"

Since a long time I'm planning to actually paint a large WW1 air combat picture,

but never had the extra kick of motivation. A competition would fire that a lot.

I think I'd choose a "crowded" 1918 scene, possibly with a Snipe in there.

Edited by Olham

I agree...especially when up against the 'Unmentionable' Sim...whose cover is actually better than the content! (IMHO!!!!) :rofl:

After all...I know I have bought games in the past, where the cover has sold itself to me...and the same with books

:good: I agree :salute:

Many thanks on the comments everyone! Salute.gif And if a competition was to take place, I would be sure to make an entry. grin.gif

No reason not to start one anyway is there?