Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Lost the will to fly/play

You'll be back. They always come back.

I've had down times before, lack of time mainly. But, even then I planned to eventually get back to my SF Forever Project (FP). You could try something different, like First Eagle WW1, WW2, or something off the wall.

I never actually PLAY the game, except for some joysticking as diversion from the FP. I never tried a campaign (yet). I maintain an interest because of the plane set I'm using to develop my own campaign -- think Duke Nukem Forever there. The mission for both sides, although not modeled in the game, sends me off finding resources in books, old articles, and online including interviews, and even some intriguing tibits shared on forums. The search for information is a fascinating end in itself.

Here's my plane set, or an initial start, with many sub~variants not yet present. There are seeming oddities, but for good reasons. There are ex-LendLeace aircraft involved, and if you see light and heavy air transports, recall that P-51Dora pilots flying to or from Berlin would encountered German air transports. I use the air war over Germany as a foundational starting point for ideas or justifications. For example, RAF Bomber Command over Germany never retreated to low altitude with tail between legs, but stayed high and fought the electronic war.

Some planes are renamed, The later hump backed Su-17M4 was to be called Su-19. I like that. This Su-19, and all the Su-17s, will be a short field swing wing supporting fighters, supporting things like Su-15s, like Bf-109s supported Focke Wulf "Boeing" killers. My MiG-23 is actually the Ye-152A prototype I've frankenmodded from Insky's J-8II, my -23M is the Ye-152M, and my MiG-27 is the "real" MiG-23. My B-66A is a panic rush by SAC/TAC to use A3D for high altitude use instead of waiting for B-66B. The F-109A and B are A-5A and B, in case I want them for penetration fighters. There were suggestions to use Vigilante as Air Force interceptor, so hey that sounds "kewl" and that's half the idea. Or as TK says: "nifty planes." :good:

c49fc093.jpg

You are from Sweden? I've considered using Sweden to support SAC and Bomber Command, with fictional air-refueling of SAAB fighters needed in my campaign theory, although obviously not in TK's game. Your thoughts on this would be nice. If anybody made nifty planes, it would be the Swedes. So for that reason, I must include them somehow, and that means giving them a role assuming air refueling. That's how I maintain fun in my game, while endlessly learning the real Cold War things that went down.

I've fallen out for a couple of months now myself.

Been building creations...just real rockets verses virtual aircraft.

There's something nice about creating something with your hands and actually seeing it fly.

I'll be back someday...

FC

so many mods are just 'hanging' due to lack of interst/general malaise

I've got 2 terrains I should be working on, all the WW2 aircraft to try and update to SF2, several others in upgrade stage for SF2

but I'm just lacking the motivations .... been playing Plants vs Zombies

Think I might set the record.... I had a comp die on me in august last year then went back to university in september. Bought a new machine in November and found out that TK was introducing the Lightning, I thought that those lightnings combined with Cliffs of Dover would make for a fun summer as I didnt have time to play anything until after finals. Last exam was 5 weeks ago and since then Ive read various revues of CoD that have put me off and have almost bought the second gen TK games a few times yet always walk away at the lat minute.... yet I still check in here and on various sim sites almost daily, go figure :P

Craig

I haven't played flight sims for about a year now.

Just don't feel the need for speed no more.

Just hanging around FB most of the time.

IDK. SF is on my hard drive, joystick is near by. I don't even give them a glance.

Must be the age I guess.

The most I'll do is land space shuttle Atlantis in KSC in F-Sim shuttle App on my iPhone.

Just do something else for awhile.

Been doing the same thing - took a year off. Busy with lots of other stuff that just eats up the time.

I just recently reloaded some of the mods.

I don't think I've sat down with my TrackIR hat and joystick plugged in and flown in at least a month. And before that it was only a couple of times in the last 6 months. I just don't have time. And when I do, there's other stuff I want to squeeze in.

When I do have 15 minutes here or there, I'll download updates/new mods*. So all my sims and installs are up to date and ready to go when the timing is right!

*Or even new games - I've spend probably 12-16hrs getting my FSX install set up, but only spent about 1-2 hrs actually flying! I also have RoF installed now that they offered the free demo. Haven't flown it yet though!

I haven't played SF2 in real depth for some time, just a bit of Mount and Blade: Warband.

I can't wait for Annual Training. It will be the most fun that I have had in a while.

curious suhsjake where do you go for AT? i went to Bliss in may. that was an... interesting experience :blink:

however it did get me back in the game. finished a project with Phantoms that had been in the works since 09. whodathunkit.. i did the decals for reserve units from Texas while training in TX!

Edited by daddyairplanes

Going to Camp Swift to new barracks with no electricity, no ac, and the PX is supposedly a semi trailer.

Been to Bliss and McGregor Range. McGregor is not as bad as it used to be from what I understand.

I am most excited as I actually get to qualify with the M4, something which I have not done in a year and a half. I got sharpshooter the last time: 33/40.