Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

Website P4 Screenshots updated

Hasse Wind, thank you for the hint!

The guys have secretly added NEW SCREENSHOTS among the old.

If you haven't seen the Verdun Forts, go there and see!

And the Bristol Fighter seems to be half new, no?

Or did I only never see, that the fuselage is free above the lower wing???

Edited by Olham

Perhaps we can make an agreement, Widow, not to shoot at each other?

When the Snipe came up in 1918, many a German pilot would have also

much preferred to just have some peaceful flying in the azure skies.

But I bet you can't resist, once you got that craft in your hands...

Indeed Herr Olham...a mix of anticipation of the Kill..versus utter terror at losing a Snipe and Pilot in the last actions of the War!

Okay, seems I'll have to prove then, that an Albatros can even shoot down Snipes. :cool:

How long will Snipes be in front service before the war will end, by the way?

They will be available in September 1918, if I remember correctly.

Yep, I checked Wikipedia about them.

No. 43 Sqdn, RFC, will receive the first, Widow - so you know where to enlist.

All very nice.

I'm impressed with much of the detail - the interior stitching in the Morane twin seater is a splendid and very subtle touch, but I hope it won't be lost on other players. I'm delighted that the BE2c of P3 will finally meet its fiery death come the advent of P4. You now have exactly what was originally needed - the BE12 and a generic BE2c/d/e/f/g which I think will get more flight time that you chaps suspect. If I had any hand in that - thank you for listening.

The actual detail on most of the shots is quite stunning, but I'd love to see more people wandering around on the ground, if possible, and less 'clean' fits between ground objects and, er, the ground they're stuck into. I'm hoping/guessing that many of the objects were shown to prove they exist?

Finally, and because it's so bloody picky that you'd have a right to track me down and kill me: aircraft personnel in flight. Is there a possibility that, unless enemy aircraft are within TAC range that the observer/gunner can be sat down? I know it's taking aesthetics to a daft degree, but if it could be done easily. I.e, if the enemy's within 4 miles, the observer's up and ready to go: if beyond that, he can take a seat/take photos/draw piccies of the area, etc. Would make landing easier in the new BE2! And, really, genuinely finally, for the same aesthetic reasons, but perhaps one to stir controversy - when aviators fall out or jump out of their machines, why not simply show them as human beings (albeit heavily clad) falling to Earth? I know this is potentially upsetting for people (perhaps inadvertently) watching, but we - the players - know that, in life, that's exactly what happened under a variety of conditions.

I'm not asking for it because I'm being ghoulish - far from it. I'm asking for it because it is a visceral part of the authenticity that OFF captures better than any other flight sim. All the others duck the issue - I simply and humbly ask that you add back in a piece of horror that would have been readily recognised by the air crews of the time.

A much appreciated update chaps.

Cheers,

Si

Sure who knows if we get support we can go on adding more features in a sim forever, but even what seem to be simple things can often take a tremendous amount of work (usually the simple things take the longest time ;)). Don't forget we'd like to release it some day!

Don't forget we'd like to release it some day!

Yes Pol, please. Next week would be fine for me. :good:

OK we are just deleting all the new stuff and it will be there next week ;)

Yes Pol, please. Next week would be fine for me. :good:

Tch! Impatient rookie! Huh! Learn your Yoga lessons, man!

The Arabians say, if you sit down at the bank of a Wadi, you will see the DVD with OFF P4 floating by.

Or similar...

(But when? When will it???) :grin:

Just a little bump to the thread..

Pol, any chance for some tasty teaser videos... I have all the P3 ones, love them!:drinks:

Videos? I should think they won't come out until they are closer to release. I remember searching the website 10x a day to see if any new videos had been posted for P3. They sold me for sure.

Hellshade

We are knee deep at the moment, but when it's mostly together videos will be a plenty I am sure :)

Rumplers, Aviatiks and Gotha bombers. I look forward to some detailed pics of these crates and more. I suspect we may have a few German variants of the Parasol one day too.

Pol,

Is there anything approaching a list of enhancements that you can circulate yet? Apart from my posts passim regarding improvements and additions, I've got a list including leader's streamers, home leave (leave in general) and rather more. Can you give us an outline of where OFF is being improved?

Thanks,

Si

Sure who knows if we get support we can go on adding more features in a sim forever, but even what seem to be simple things can often take a tremendous amount of work (usually the simple things take the longest time ;)). Don't forget we'd like to release it some day!

got my support....and credit card anytime!!!!

I'll be happy when it arrives. There's lots of stuff I'd like to see, but we're in good hands and we've not been disappointed so far.

It's the new aircraft I'm looking forward to, and it would be nice to chase Zeps again, especially if their damage destruction looks a little more realistic.

More P4 pics please. And the pics don't have to contain any new revelations, but the images themselves just look tremendous.

any hints regarding new terrain - maybe the ridges at Messine or Vimy, or maybe even some stuff over in Italy? I remember flying around an Italy map way back in CFS3 days; is it still available, and is it useful?