Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

Brand new DM and FM now ready!

At the moment with the FM and DM mods applied, I'm getting an awful lot of crews jumping out of planes that either are not on fireat all (effects slider at 5), or just go on fire briefly and then the flames go out, but meanwhile the poor sods have jumped anyway. Have seen this in Strutters and FE2s and I think in other Allied planes too, in my current Jasta 5 April 1917 campaign. Seems to affect at least half my kills (sorry, claims). They don't fly on, they spiral down (fairly gently considering the stick jockey left the hot seat) unless missing important stuff like wings. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, an unappealing side-effect of CFS3. I searched for a way to eliminate the "jumpers" but could not figure out how to do that. I'm afraid we are stuck with them as a side-effect of a more realistic DM.

... I searched for a way to eliminate the "jumpers" but could not figure out how to do that ...

Perhaps they just need some professional counselling. They have been though a lot after all.

Well, if their parachutes are invisible, then maybe someone can make THEM invisible as well??

Then the question becomes: too many jumpers, or no jumpers at all?

Perhaps they just need some professional counselling. They have been though a lot after all.

"GET back in that plane. I know you can do it!!"

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Maybe they aren't even pilots. Maybe they are just investors on Wall Street. Who can really blame them for jumping? :rofl:

(and now back to our regularly scheduled war, already in progress.)

Hellshade

When they jump the original pilot figure is still there from what I can see. It's like they're carrying unauthorised passengers - 'Look, we're going down in flames now, and there's no point in both of us getting into trouble, so out you go, there's a good fellow.'

The ejecting pilots are a leftover from CFS3 surely. Perhaps the devs find a way to either

let the in-cockpit pilot disappear in the same moment, or to stop them from bailing out.

We'll see.

It's an interesting addition to flamers in particular, though...

They are now linked to an invisible parachute and keep acting like normal parachuters.

I remember there was a seperate animation for failing parachutes in CFS series, (the jumper was moving his legs and hands and a special cry would follow the doomed downfall)!

Could this animation be linked to jumpers in P4?

Moreover could proper bail out be implemented for the German side, from spring '18 and on? (with a high percentage of failing as well)...