squid

IL2 Cliffs of Dover status ?

"Greetings to all Bob COD owners and new USA customers!"

Hi everyone!

The game was finally released in the US yesterday (on the 19th) and is currently a #1 top selling Simulation title on steam!

For those who don’t know me, my name is Ilya Shevchenko, and I’m the Lead Development Producer on the title. I’ve been working on the Il-2 Sturmovik series since the very beginning, taking an increasingly larger role with each project, becoming a co-lead on Pacific Fighters (2004) and 1946 (2006), and finally taking over most day-to-day activities on Cliffs of Dover some time ago.

We’re a small team that consists 24 core employees and a handful of veteran outsourcers. Quite a few of us have also been with the IL-2 series since the very beginning 10 years ago.

We love simulations, and we take pride in what we do.

Here are some things to keep in mind about our game:

1. We the developers are a part of 1C-Softclub, Russia’s largest software developer and publisher. We are backed by a dedicated production team, and most importantly, our top management has complete faith in the team and in the product line. That means that the team is growing, we are hiring, and we’re not going anywhere.

2. If you’ve played our previous games, you know that we always support our products way past the release. We work on patches and add-ons, add new content, add new features, and we never abandon our projects.

3. The game you are playing today has always been envisioned as the first in the series. We are already working on a sequel as we continue to support and improve Cliffs of Dover.

4. We do not at this time have anyone doing community relations, which means we spend less time than we’d like to interacting with you, or rather, providing answers to your questions. We are up on these boards every day reading what you have to say, and it does often drive our design decisions and priorities.

5. You can meet more members of the team in my earlier post here, which also contains a sort of a rough roadmap of what we’re currently working on:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24240

So, thanks for purchasing the game, thanks for your support, and please rest assured we will continue to support and expand Cliffs of Dover and the Il-2 Sturmovik series!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24692

Edited by squid

i have no comprehension of the concept of wife

For those who don’t know me, my name is Ilya Shevchenko, and I’m the Lead Development Producer on the title. I’ve been working on the Il-2 Sturmovik series since the very beginning, taking an increasingly larger role with each project, becoming a co-lead on Pacific Fighters (2004) and 1946 (2006), and finally taking over most day-to-day activities on Cliffs of Dover some time ago.

Well Ilya...perhaps you shoulda stayed as the Tea Boy, if COD is anything to go by

:rofl:

Edited by squid

BOING!!!!!!!!!!! :idhitit: All of em :hyper: of course then my wife would :minigun::skull:

post-406-0-82864700-1311976559.jpg

Well Ilya...perhaps you shoulda stayed as the Tea Boy, if COD is anything to go by

Indeed. I'm not sure I'd be bragging about it. :yikes:

Well I bought and I am enjoying the hell out of it. I also have the crate to run it too. They have some stuff to fix but all in so far most fun.

Well I bought and I am enjoying the hell out of it. I also have the crate to run it too. They have some stuff to fix but all in so far most fun.

Any chance I could have you're autograph Dave?...I think it might be worth something one day..as the only person ever to rate this game! :lol:

Lol I'm in the middle of a campaign and my unit on has 4 hurricanes left out of 12 and we all have four kills apiece. My unit and I won't make it to the end though. But we will take alot with us! God save the queen!!!!!

Lol I'm in the middle of a campaign and my unit on has 4 hurricanes left out of 12 and we all have four kills apiece. My unit and I won't make it to the end though. But we will take alot with us! God save the queen!!!!!

The Commenwealth didn't have a Queen during WW2, should be god save the King.

The news travel slowly across the Atlantic. :grin:

Edited by Gr.Viper

Wait, so by WWII the Victorian era was over?!?!? Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

seen it earlier, and that's how next gen sim/game should look and perform alike... see these clouds?:yikes:

And ..... the thought i had since my first contact with WOP .... Korea !! :D My idea was heard !! :P

shot%202011.09.02%2022.18.57.jpg

shot%202011.09.02%2023.22.55.jpg

shot%202011.09.02%2022.23.14.jpg

shot%202011.09.02%2022.11.33.jpg

seen it earlier, and that's how next gen sim/game should look and perform alike... see these clouds?:yikes:

seen that F-86 ? grin.gif