Hmmm, I was thinking of doing the Bitburg tower...

post-841-0-50450900-1312147401.jpg

maybe.. :grin:

Just about finished this tonight...

post-841-0-73772500-1312147399.jpg

heres a question with all this goodness going on(pls let it be two weeks already :grin: ) is it in any way possible to assign aircraft to a certain base? this looks awesome. howmuch more awesome would it be to take off from Hahn and see Phantoms or Vipers with a sprinkling of -130s or Luftwaffe birds? i believe i've heard somewhere it cant be done but if it could............

iirc, in a campaign in can be. squadrons are assigned to airbase. in single missions, any/everything just 'pops in for a vist', based upon parking space size

Ant :good:

Then I may take on the Zulu Alert.

I've copied this Bitburg into my NF4 installation, for some reason not all the available Small/Large parking spots get populated. Although there are a few F-15 and two F-111 squadrons based here in the 86 campaign..

Like Wrench says campaign mode will place proper squadrons on base, (plus they can be destroyed and removed from the campaign!)

In single missions though, the 16 slots for each "parking place", get populated correctly.

I wonder if we could use both small and large for fighters like F-15s by using the same parking space size. 16 for one type is just not enough here. The book says there is a total of 72 TAB_VEE bunkers!

Edited by PureBlue

Is something similar to this available for SF2:V? Will be great for those missions using USMC A4 or USAF F105, B57...

Fantastic work on the airfields lads!!!:clapping:

PureBlue; Bitburg is now what I'd call a 'target rich environment' for any Warsaw Pact pilot carrying RBK-250s ;)

Sundowner; That tower was already modelled. You'll be able to find it in any of my airfield mods.

Fantastic work on the airfields lads!!!:clapping:

PureBlue; Bitburg is now what I'd call a 'target rich environment' for any Warsaw Pact pilot carrying RBK-250s ;)

Sundowner; That tower was already modelled. You'll be able to find it in any of my airfield mods.

Really? must of missed it, excellent thanks.

I thought that looked familiar.

This is it (I guess the auther is unknown?)

post-30257-0-09134000-1312213533.jpg

The only problem with it is the View from Tower places you inside the Mesh. Probably the Pivot point needs to be higher, but it's no biggy..

The callout in peacemeal's terrains:

Name=tower4

FullName=Control Tower

ModelName=Airport_Tower.lod

Edited by PureBlue

I'll get this other stuff over to you later tonight m8...

post-841-0-32370000-1312214894.jpg

Ant :good:

Then I may take on the Zulu Alert.

I've copied this Bitburg into my NF4 installation, for some reason not all the available Small/Large parking spots get populated. Although there are a few F-15 and two F-111 squadrons based here in the 86 campaign..

Like Wrench says campaign mode will place proper squadrons on base, (plus they can be destroyed and removed from the campaign!)

In single missions though, the 16 slots for each "parking place", get populated correctly.

I wonder if we could use both small and large for fighters like F-15s by using the same parking space size. 16 for one type is just not enough here. The book says there is a total of 72 TAB_VEE bunkers!

For 2 types of fighters at a base there is a way. After looking at the YAP2 DaNang airbase, I modded my SF2V DaNang Airbase with the DaNang Annex, a second airbase at that map location. It has a place holder runway (no textures) and several ramps/buildings on the other side of the stock runway. Then you make a annex.ini with its parking spots. Viola! 2 different fighter types! Oh, and 2 different Large A/C types if you want too!

BTW, I am working SF2V bases and will release if enought people want em, but I can find very little in the way of Pics of the VPAF (North Vietmanese AF) Bases ? Just a few BDA pics from 30K feet which are of little help. Anyone have a source ?

While Im talking about SF2V stuff, I would like to request (wish I could do the modeling myself, dont know how you can afford that app :-( ) 2 vehicles if possible for Base Security - XM706 APC and a M60 Machine gun armed jeep:

post-14131-0-59617100-1312222800.jpg

post-14131-0-54427800-1312222824.jpg

Edited by hurc

Now that is a cracking idea. Gotta think out of the box, thanks Hurc :good:

look in the iran-iraq terrain map, you'll find a V-100 (albeit a repurposed BRDM)

look in the iran-iraq terrain map, you'll find a V-100 (albeit a repurposed BRDM)

Of course, the one terrain I haven't downloaded to play with yet, Doh! Thanks Wrench

he only problem with it is the View from Tower places you inside the Mesh. Probably the Pivot point needs to be higher, but it's no biggy..

The callout in peacemeal's terrains:

Name=tower4

FullName=Control Tower

ModelName=Airport_Tower.lod

as the tower has windows,u shud be able to see thru em...ive done it with a ship deck

did this a long time ago, never did anything with it:

[MissionData]

NationName=USMC

ServiceStartYear=1950

ServiceEndYear=1990

GroundObjectRole=RECON

Availability=VERY_COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1953

ExportAvailability=VERY_COMMON

[GroundObjectData]

DamagedModel=

DestroyedModel=Jeep_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

EmptyMass=4000.00

Component[001]=Body

[sound]

EngineSoundName=TruckLoop

MovementSoundName=

[DetectSystem]

MaxVisibleDistance=5000.0

RadarCrossSection=3

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND

GunRange=1200.0

PitchAngleRate=60

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=-5.0

DefaultPitchAngle=0

YawLimited=FALSE

YawAngleRate=60

DefaultYawAngle=0

ReloadGunAtAngle=FALSE

GunRecoil=50

GunStabilization=FALSE

GunRadarTracking=FALSE

RangeFinder=0

BallisticComputer=0

;YawModelNodeName=Swivel

;PitchModelNodeName=gun barrel

[MovementSystem]

MaxRoadSpeed=22.22

MaxOffRoadSpeed=8.33

PowerAvailable=44742.0

MaxTurnRate=16.0

MaxDeceleration=5.0

SuspensionConstant=14.0

MovementEmitterName=WheeledVehicleDustEmitter

MovementEmitterPosition=0.0,-3.13,0.50

[body]

ModelNodeName=body

EffectSize=1.0

MaxExtentPosition= 0.78, 1.67, 1.60

MinExtentPosition=-0.78,-1.67, 0.00

HasArmor=FALSE

SystemName[001]=Engine

SystemName[002]=GunBarrel1

[Engine]

SystemType=ENGINE

MaxExtentPosition= 0.56, 1.42, 1.12

MinExtentPosition=-0.56, 0.49, 0.46

[Gunner1]

SystemType=GUNNER

GunnerID=1

TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND

GunRange=1200

PitchAngleRate=12

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=-5.0

DefaultPitchAngle=0

YawLimited=False

YawAngleRate=30

MinYaw=

MaxYaw=

DefaultYawAngle=0

GunMinAltitude=0.0

GunMaxAltitude=1200.0

YawModelNodeName=MGtorretta

PitchModelNodeName=MG

VisualSearchTime=10.0

ViewportPosition=-4.6,2.8.0,1.6

IndependentSearchChance=500

LookAroundChance=10

[GunBarrel1]

SystemType=GUN

GunTypeName=7.62mm_M60

MuzzlePosition=0.085,2.242,2.33

MaxAmmo=1000

TracerLoading=6

BurstAmount=12

EjectShells=TRUE

===============

to really f*** with people, change the groundobjectrole= to TRANSPORT. It'll show up on Armed_Recon missions, and shoot you full of holes

as the tower has windows,u shud be able to see thru em...ive done it with a ship deck

True but with this object (which I don't have the max file), you are placed further down from the control tower. (The F11? key view)

Should be an easy fix, if anybody can lead me to the author/source file.

Edited by PureBlue

Hope you can finish the SF:V airfield mod and release it, sure it will add something special to SEA War.

Ok, I found the V-100 in the IR terrain and spruced it up for Nam a bit, But...Not really happy with the results. Look at the size difference! That BRDM is tiny compared to a V-100/XM706. Next to the M35 truck it looks like a Mini Cooper! Ugh! My request for a new model still stands to any takers:

post-14131-0-30196600-1312355673.jpg

Edited by hurc

WIP on my SF2V bases, here are some of the new airfield objects in game:

BombDump, MissileShop and Flightline

post-14131-0-55131500-1312786675.jpg

post-14131-0-10067100-1312786714.jpg

post-14131-0-43191800-1312786722.jpg

Edited by hurc
  • Like 1

Good job Hurc, I really like the first shot. The colors and the simplicity fit very well :good: