Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

Stunning! I'm really looking forward to seeing this on my new box, which I hope will still be new when P4 comes out. I can already hear its biological clock ticking :grin:

what i like on the new albs is that the visible pattern on the sawed wood is not the same on each one :good:

I agree Creaghorn, that work is particularly fine. The early Albatros versions always fascinate me. I think it's because I only saw pictures of the DIIIs and DVs when I was young and they still seem 'new' to me.

Edited by Wayfarer

What is a WIP - work in progress?

What is a WIP - work in progress?

Correct Olham :)

I thought it was a 'Wicked Innit Plane' :grin:

More beautiful teaser screenshots there Pol. The detail is amazing.

...I have GOT to get a plastic cover for my keyboard...

homer_P4_001.jpg

Indeed, great details there! :clapping:

Only the wood grain on the D.II looked a bit overdone to me...

I kind of liked better the more subtle approach on the D.V series.

:salute:

Indeed, great details there! :clapping:

Only the wood grain on the D.II looked a bit overdone to me...

I kind of liked better the more subtle approach on the D.V series.

Hello Elephant

You caught me on travel so I can't post any historic images right now but I will when I get back to my home computer in about a week. The wood patterns for the Alb DII's was pretty prominent. It was less so in the later DV's. I wanted to capture that but I didn't want every Alb DII to have the same pattern so I not only made a different pattern for each panel, I also made several different patterns in my layered DII template so the patterns would be different from aircraft to aircraft. A lot of work but worth it when they are finally done. I did the same thing with the DR1. I made about 5 different streak patterns for each wing, fuselage, and tail surface so the streak patterns would be different with each aircraft. Something few would probably notice but was important to the OFF skinners. I am on the move right now but will be checking in when I can and will get some historic Alb DII shots to you to show you what I was using as an example.

Cheers

Makai

Good news, Makai - and let me assure you: there are several flyers here, like elephant and myself,

who will notice that extra amount of work, and welcome that. Bravo!

:clapping:

as you can see in my first post not only skinners will notice it, but non-skinners like me also :good:

The many little details that are often overlooked are the ones that make all the difference. Please allow me to buy you a virtual refreshment gents! :drinks:

Thanks for the reply Makai, also thanks for the efforts and devotion as noted by Olham as well!

I checked my books too and I still believe that the wood grain should be toned down a bit,

but it's such a minority report to be ever considered as a mistake anyway... :no:

post-10763-0-24213800-1321802023.jpg

post-10763-0-25958200-1321802105.jpg

post-10763-0-66892600-1321802162.jpg

post-10763-0-23137500-1321803146.jpg

post-10763-0-87769800-1321802480.jpg

post-10763-0-50262500-1321802615.jpg

Edited by elephant

Wow!!! Excellent photos again, elephant! I'll collect them with great joy!

Thanks for the reply Makai, also thanks for the efforts and devotion as noted by Olham as well!

I checked my books too and I still believe that the wood grain should be toned down a bit,

but it's such a minority report to be ever considered as a mistake anyway... :no:

post-10763-0-24213800-1321802023.jpg

post-10763-0-25958200-1321802105.jpg

post-10763-0-66892600-1321802162.jpg

post-10763-0-23137500-1321803146.jpg

post-10763-0-87769800-1321802480.jpg

post-10763-0-50262500-1321802615.jpg

Hello Elephant

Thanks for the great images. There are some real treasures there. I am sending you a well lighted image of an unstained Alb DII that shows off the wood grain panels well. The stained Alb DII skins I made show the wood grain but it is less defined. It took me two months to redo all the old Alb DII's and make the new ones with the new model. WM has been waiting patiently for the skinners to get all their skins done, but if there is time I will see if there is a quick way I can tone down the wood grain if the general feeling it is too much. I am working on the Fok DVII now but I will see where we stand when I get those done.

Cheers

Makai

I for one think you have shown us a great mix, and I wouldn't touch them. I think they are great.

Cheers,

shredward

I guess that you will have enough "less-grainy" default ones for the various Jastas to pick one of those for skinning?

Some of us here are advertising OFF over in this Screenshots-Forum - here is my latest "almost-advertising":

http://www.screenshotworld.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2742-spad-vii-from-one-of-my-french-campaigns-in-over-flanders-fields/page__view__findpost__p__16853