Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Anyone know of a good WW2 Bomber game?

I'm on the hunt to expand my flight sim collection. And because CFS3 doesn't want to work with Vista I'm looking for another WWII bomber game of any bomber game. Know I know flying giant bathtubs aren't exciting as flying a Mustang or a Raptor but come on the bombardier needs some love too!

It'd also be cool to have a combat rescue sim as well or I could save up millions of dollars and make one I suppose...could probably do the same for the bomber game too.

Hmmm, CFS 3 works on my Vista home edition 32 bit. I use it for the B-17. ETO and MAW are what I use.

B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th!

It is very old (2000) but IMHO the best bomber simulation (and a good RPG too); i read somewhere it runs with Vista/Win7 and (patched) with Xp too.

Sky, do you still have your old XP install discs? If so, get a cheap small 20GB hard drive and load up XP and CFS. You can tell BIOS to boot to the old drive when you want to fly bombers.

Some use "virtual" operating systems. I know nothing about that. I'm a hard drive swapper, and I prefer mucking around there. I can even boot raw DOS 6.22 on my new Sandy Bridge build lol at least if the hard drive is greater than 500MB I think.

do'h -- ignore that -- get a "small" modern drive. 160GB would do great, either SATA or IDE -- you can still get both now. The larger drive would be somewhat faster especially on waiting for bootup. Keep it simple since XP is kinda old especially without the SP updates unless you want to do that also.

Il2 1946 has some nice ones too, not that RPG hardcore like Mighty 8th, but fun to operate too :good:

(and contrary to B-17 2 is constantly updated and moddable...)

It's surprisingly that noone thought to remake a so interesting title as B17 II (or Rowan Mig Alley :rolleyes: ) with now a days computer capability.

I liked B-17 1. I wish they'd remake THAT. B-17 2 was a blight on the face of gaming that I refused to buy and will never play.

hahahahahaha I still remember this one..((( showing my age )))) :grandpa:

I liked the first one too...But the 2nd was poor

CFS3 does work on Vista...and Win7 32 and 64...it's how OFF works :drinks:

do'h -- ignore that -- get a "small" modern drive. 160GB would do great, either SATA or IDE -- you can still get both now. The larger drive would be somewhat faster especially on waiting for bootup. Keep it simple since XP is kinda old especially without the SP updates unless you want to do that also.

I'll keep that in mind. The system I have came preloaded with a 64 bit version of vista. I'm sure I can track down some Xp disks.

Thank you for the advice man.

B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th!

It is very old (2000) but IMHO the best bomber simulation (and a good RPG too); i read somewhere it runs with Vista/Win7 and (patched) with Xp too.

Sweet I've ordered it from amazon and it'll be here Friday(hopefully)

Thank you everyone for suggestions!!:salute:

I'll check out the others...oh Sons of Guns is on! Catcha later.

I'll check out the others...oh Sons of Guns is on! Catcha later.

Will is a friggin mad genius! I'm gonna go to Red Jacket some time and see if he'll fix my gun mount. The trigger bar sometimes moves a bit after a shot and it causes the bar not to pull the trigger. I'll also gonna ask him to make the trigger bar to hold the trigger down for my full auto airsoft MP5 (it's a select fire MP5 but the select fire gear slipped out so it can fire fire full auto only... actually the real reason is that I'm thinking of getting a class 3 permit but don't tell my mother :biggrin: )

Falcon

Edited by FalconC45