I knew it was there, and that it flies well enought. Would love to have it in my pack, but A-team are pretty restrictive about what they release to the public...

Does not help either that I am *cought* suspended from beeing a little too hasty to get their goods :)

Edited by JonathanRL

what I like about AD's pit, is the yellow paint on the sill, and looking out, you can see the intakes (yes, one of my cheats for positioning the pilot). Could acutally move forward at bit, but I'm letting that one go

---

other pic: J-35A out to the target range for rocket practice.

(just used stock lau-3as -- I know there's a bofors manufactured RP .. but need data to 'clone' one from existing stocks)

Hi guys, I have been following all this with keen interest, great work here :good:

Jonathan, I have an unreleased WoE 08 level campaign for this terrain on my HDD which is set in 2009. It is more or less set to go, unfortunately apart from the ground war, which is in alpha stage, so if you can wait a bit I can finish that up and send it over to you as a template for your earlier campaign.

Slainthe!

Baltika

Baltika: The 1956 campaign is also good to go - save for the ground war. Quite a pain that is, huh? :D

I will be happy to take a look at it. You did the terrain after all, and may have pointers I did not think off.

I think I could slightly tweak the cockpit mesh to be more accurate (saved the original max file) or pass it to someone with the knowledge of "21" pit...

Derk, you mean this pak, by lindr2?

http://combatace.com...-abbsdfsjoef35/

Yep, works out quite well and as I commented there especially the F 35 is quite nice.. Cockpits are a problem though. Matter of taste but in my opinion there should be a one piece windscreen, single engine, with and/ or without radar. Hard to get by..........

The F 105 pit would be a nice idea but maybe the trick with the F 4 pit can be applied where the front struts are removed:

http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1610476/Searchpage/3/Main/185951/Words/Viper/Search/true/F_16_cockpit_view.html#Post1610476

(this did not work out with the F 104 pit but maybe it does with the Thud pit). Another option would be the removal of the second set of engine instruments in the F4 but it seems that that was impossible. In the mean time I use the A5 pit (no radar, one piece windscreen and a HUD) for the F35 (Denmark)

post-2160-0-18522400-1316374014.jpg

Yet another option would be a variant of the Fulcrum pit, which resembles very nicely the the very flimsy sort of struts of the Draken pits (probably IN the cockpit, not part of the windscreen), maybe some engine instruments can be removed there as well as the radar in the case of the F35........

Houdoe,

Derk

Well, I was toyng with the "not direct available" Viggens ....

The last beta models are quite good, with some issues to fix:

- shadow not complete (but no ropes!)

- no nose needle in JA-37 (I think it's an issue)

- White parts non painted (fixed from data.ini)

- little mapping issue on the nose

Do You think that "Who You know Who" :lol: could fix?

Maybe Kevin could ask him?

I'll happy to help.

:drinks:

Pics will follow

Good work guys on the Campaign and giving the Draken some TLC - one of my all-time favourites!

Edited by Spinners

I'm glad to report that very soon (I hope) we will have an awesome (not directly available) Viggen.

It flyes like a 'viking angel' on my pc with new high res skins

New dresses & decals for Drakens, Lansens, Hunters, Tunnans & Vampires, too.

I love Flygvapnet planes!

Any help with references, pics etc. will be wellcome.

I'm glad to report that very soon (I hope) we will have an awesome (not directly available) Viggen.

What do you think would be my chances to... *cought* persude them to make it avalible in a pack?

That way, my next work could be a 1992 campaign and Id love to make one.

What do you think would be my chances to... *cought* persude them to make it avalible in a pack?

That way, my next work could be a 1992 campaign and Id love to make one.

I realy don't know. I think that the lods (that belong to A-Team) we will be to download from their site.

zero to none? :dntknw:

Here come the [A-TEAM] Viggens.

post-5138-0-30556200-1316647697.jpgpost-5138-0-66450400-1316647717.jpg

post-5138-0-50938600-1316647741.jpg

'Ble Petter'

post-5138-0-72202500-1316647757.jpgpost-5138-0-60995900-1316647777.jpgpost-5138-0-74367800-1316648097.jpg

Edited by paulopanz

Those look great! I might actually take a pass at making a Viggen pit after my MiG-25 pit is done (or i get stuck :dntknw: ), and maybe even a Draken one.

Those look great! I might actually take a pass at making a Viggen pit after my MiG-25 pit is done (or i get stuck :dntknw: ), and maybe even a Draken one.

It'ld be great! :good:

That Viggen looks just stunning! Amazing work!

Hi Guys, I actually have my own terrain, not as big as the recent release but it extends further south into estonia and latvia, goes down to Chernyakovvsk AB and if you increase the boundary a little bit, you could get Gdansk, poland in there as well.

This stuff here is awesome, I have been so busy with life, new addition to the family, (already playing with planes and helicopters, good boy) new job etc.... that i havent expanded on it.

My terrain has over 400 target sites and is finished completely. With rivers, roads and bridges everywhere on Finland and Sweden. Just like to add a few more road bases, do a nice planning map and write a campaign during the 1983 whiskey on the rocks debacle when a russian sub got beached on a sandbank near Karlskrona, also in 1981, russian subs were caught in swedish waters. I have a squadron list from the period and have done some Viggen and Draken squadron skins. I have a post here somewhere about it, but as life is go go go, basically from 6am, until 7.30pm, my time is not my own, not that i am complaining my little man is well worth it. So I would be happy to help here guys.

Cheers

• Like 1

Well, right now Campaign is going nowhere, since I cannot get the Ground War to work satisfactory.

Gillig: Could you send that terrain over? Id love to have a look at it :)

Edited by JonathanRL

Sure mate, at the mo I am away from my files but i can zip/rar the entire mod folder over to you if you wish. I can start with the terrain folder but i think its pretty big. Will PM you when I am back home. Should be tomorrow night.

Cheers

The Terrain will be quite enought. I want to check out if I want to use that one for the 60:ies campaign.

use 7z, zip up the terrain, and upload to the proper downloads section. easy peasy!

Aint dead yet ;-). Still working on the bloody ground war.