Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Unofficial new Barmy Game - Hellshades "Hit or Miss?"

I haven't had to purchase any updates or patches. It's up to 1.045 now and quite a bit of fun to fly. Indeed the screenshots are pretty amazing and better yet, it runs smooth on high settings even on a mid range rig. Rock solid 60FPS no matter what on my machine at 1920 x 1200 with all game settings maxed. I think it's arond $30 on steam but every few months it goes on sale for around $8. Quite a bargain.

50/ 50 guess. You could miss him, you do seem to be out-turning him and slipping underneath his turn, but with all those flames in your windscreen I don't think you can see where he is and you could have turned in on each other. I'll stay positive and say miss, despite being blinded by flames.

Ok, the last one seemed pretty certain ... and I was wrong, so I'll go for a hit this time, even though it looks like you would get away with it.

thanks hellshade......I'll give it a go!....and what's the site for updates do you go for updates? Sorry...off topic...

Edited by gaw

thanks hellshade......I'll give it a go!....and what's the site for updates do you go for updates? Sorry...off topic...

I just had to re-install mine from Steam and when it did, it was version 1.041 I believe. Here is the yuplay webpage with the rest of the patch updates. Steam Might auto update to 1.045 however I think that is a "beta" patch so you may have to do it manually.

http://yuplay.com/se...f+prey&tag=true

Hope you guys are enjoying the Barmy game.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Hope you guys are enjoying the Barmy game.

Can't believe your nupe wingie didn't ram or even shoot you there :). :salute:

Seeing how there's no answer yet on the 109, I'm gong to say you probably dodged the wreckage in front. However, blinded by the smoke and flames, you had no idea you had another Jerry on your tail, and thus didn't know to take evasive action so got a load of 20mm in the arse.

Kinda makes me wonder if the German behind you didn't perhaps contribute to the rapid destruction of his buddy?

BTW, aren't those Eastern Front paintjobs on the Germans?

For those who are thinking about getting Wings of Prey, I found a video someone else did that really does a wonderful job of showing actual footage from the campaign and combining it with a great musical score. I'll post the link below. If you read reviews of the game, it only got an okay score - like around 78- 80, but most of the complaints have since been addressed by the patches so don't be putoff by those. I found it well worth the purchase price myself. Just make sure you save money for P4!

And I'll post the answer to last nights Hit or Miss later tonight!

Hellshade

I have Wings or Prey loaded on my computer but have never played it. :blink: I'll have to give it a go as it looks like a lot of fun.

I'm gonna go with a swing and a long drive to left-center field. Back, back, back, back, back, back--and she's outa here! Just like Pujols and his three homer night against Texas last night.

Just like Pujols and his three homer night against Texas last night.

Bite me :grin:

So did Hellshade get roasted alive in a fiery collision or did lady luck save him once again? See for yourself!

Hit or Miss Vol 3 1080HD (0:23)

Hit or Miss Vol 4 - Threading the needle!

Strapped into a Hurricane Mk II and going head to head against a pair of HE 111's over the waters on the Coast of Dover, can I thread the needle between these two bombers? Can I shoot one down and fly through the debris in the nick of time? Is there any limit to how lucky any one man can be? What do YOU think on this edition of Hit or Miss?

post-46046-0-94599700-1319403290.jpg

post-46046-0-14945800-1319403299.jpg

Edited by Hellshade

dang.........three times a loser....gonna keep swinging.....nobody's quick enough to thread this needle.............you're toast!!! The elevators are still trending you up into immortality but...maybe a flic roll....a proximity flaw that makes this sim AN ARCADE GAME.....hell, I don't know. Whatever....this is fun distraction whilst we drum fingers on desktop till P4

Edited by gaw

Depends again.

I'd say you've already missed the first Heinkel. If you lift your nose to shoot him you will collide. Heinkel No2 is all yours though.

If you go for the shot with the first He, that it. Good night Vienna. So I'll go for a Hit, - but borderline suicide.

I'd forget the first one, go for No 2 and live to fight another day.

OT - Does that undercarriage gauge not say you've got your wheels down? :dntknw:

I think it does. Look at the label below. Don't ya just hate a smartarse! :yes:

post-45899-0-62377300-1319408536.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

Bite me :grin:

Hee, hee. I sense a virtual wager coming on, although it hardly seems fair since my team is already up 2 games to 1 on your team. :wink:

This looks like the easiest miss so far, but I've always been wrong so far....

Looks to me like you're all set to fly safely under the lead bomber and the 2nd is far enough away that you've got plenty of room to dodge it, too. Barring you having a total brainfart, like forgetting the 1st bomber is right above you when you pull up to dodge the 2nd, there's no real chance of collision here unless some catastrophic damage from gunfire in either direction radically changes the geometry. Or maybe they drop their bombs on you, which seems even less likely. So I'll stick with a miss, and if it's a hit, I'll drink to your bad luck :drinks:

I'll go with a hit ... you shoot it down but get hit by part of it ... mainly because that is what would happen to me!

I'm with Wayfarer - it comes crashing down on you after you hit it a few more times.

So did I Thread the Needle like a pro or get jacked up like a noob on his first flight? The video knows all!

Gratz to those who guessed it right! BH, you were right, I should have made that one. But if you watch the tail of my plane you can see that I second guessed myself on the approach a split second before trying to thread it. That cost me dearly. No time for second guessing up there.

Hellshade

"Ah, Kamikaze, my yellow friend!..."

BH, you were right, I should have made that one. But if you watch the tail of my plane you can see that I second guessed myself on the approach a split second before trying to thread it. That cost me dearly. No time for second guessing up there.

No, I was wrong yet again, because I bet you missed :doh:

But that's OK, I've run into buffs, too: :blackeye:

gallery_45917_700_37184.jpg

But at least I landed it :grandpa:

gallery_45917_700_54901.jpg

You guys would have fitted well into Hitler's "Rammjäger"-Department - the "Wilde Sau"-boys! :bb:

So did I Thread the Needle like a pro or get jacked up like a noob on his first flight? The video knows all!

Gratz to those who guessed it right! BH, you were right, I should have made that one. But if you watch the tail of my plane you can see that I second guessed myself on the approach a split second before trying to thread it. That cost me dearly. No time for second guessing up there.

Hellshade

Actually Hellshade, I'm impressed you survived long enough to crash into the rear aircraft. In any WW2 sim I've ever played, if I had been in view of any front gunners for half that long they'd have minced me! (Unless you'd already silenced them both, of course.)