Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Another Red Arrow Pilot Dies in "Ejection Incident"

There's a very Unconfirmed statement that the parachute failed to open after his ground ejection. The rest of the ejection sequence worked fine but it looks like the drogue chute didn't drag the main chute out. I work around MK10 seats all day and I've never seen this sort of incident before so it's a huge shock. The press may mention that Hawks were grounded in 2010 for Ejection seat issues but they were unrelated to todays accident.

RIP dude!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059004/Red-Arrows-pilot-rushed-hospital-life-threatening-injuries-ejector-seat-accident.html

edit - Cheers for the move Dave!

Edited by ianh755
  • Like 1

Small world - Turns out I know the CPL Line walker who was yards away when it happened (both worked 15SQN). Both him and the Liney next to him got blown off their feet by the rocket pack going off. It was a 5 ship with new members (Red 1-4) going up with the experienced Red 5 when during the see-off the seat went off.