Sign in to follow this  

Pfunk, I thought you're waiting for Janes' Strike Fighters 2... LOL sorry :rofl:

TKs birds are looking good, though. I've always like the way DanW does his panel lines and rivets. :good:

yeah he has that infividual recognisable style of his, specially the way he does metal surfaces

How many times do you want to fly the same mission against the same Comm Building? <-- That was a joke for the old-timers.

why do you think I put at least 2 in every city I target??

Okay I love this post...

I think Dave now requires this...

post-4136-0-30677000-1322596558.jpg

Sorry its in Green (you get some weird stuff out there in t'internet land) :rofl::blink:

Moving on...

Okay I will buy the game happily as I like the sim lite feel of TK's games I would be happy if we had full systems but I am realising that there is a limit to what TK can do with the resources at his disposal. I have my expectations and hope for sinkable carriers full AWG-9 setup new terrain engine etc etc... sometimes though I expect to be disappointed but hey thats life. TK does not have to speak to us or have one of his guys do it but DanW was good for that and let us see whats happening and as has been said I would prefer those limited resources to be working at getting the goods done than for them to be posting on forums etc etc... for me speculation is moot I will just wait and see buy it and if it doesn't work out well buy another sim-lite... oh there isn't one oh well back to the drawing board my plan for today is defeated... :rofl: seriously though I would love to get a bucket of new features and a Tomcat that can target 6 at once...

Also to the fighters attacking the fleet easy park the fleet near Norway job sorted or follow the Red Storm approach and use Iceland as a Red Base. I know the Scots are mad but even they wouldn't want the Russkies in their pubs... and they would have to switch from Whiskey to Vodka and we know what would happen then... see above...

And as to the Fecking Comm building damn I am sick of it sick of seeing it sick of killing it even though I tried to get creative and still do so on the killing part...

Edited by Slartibartfast

Please don't inflate DanW's ego.

This was done a few years back and we are still suffering the effects of global warming as a result of the gravitational shift... (Zur ducks and covers) :grin:

Rumor has it, he learned how to do panel lines from Chuck Norris.

Edited by Zurawski

Do we not have specular mapping support yet? Doesn't look like it from the screen shots.

EDIT: Not a super complaint I have, its just a random gripe with the series since I started playing with the textures from the early days. I never liked how you could only have one setting for the whole texture.

Edited by GrinchWSLG

Do we not have specular mapping support yet? Doesn't look like it from the screen shots.

EDIT: Not a super complaint I have, its just a random gripe with the series since I started playing with the textures from the early days. I never liked how you could only have one setting for the whole texture.

We've had specular maps going back at least several patch levels.

Edited by Fubar512

That's just specular-tion. :wink:

Marketing with ads and such costs money. Just putting docs up on your own site/forum costs no more than the time to write it, and I can't imagine it would take more than 30 minutes. Unless TK types REALLLLLLLLY slow.

That's just specular-tion. :wink:

Marketing with ads and such costs money. Just putting docs up on your own site/forum costs no more than the time to write it, and I can't imagine it would take more than 30 minutes. Unless TK types REALLLLLLLLY slow.

But then he would need to purchase additional kilobytes from his webhost. Can't afford that.

But then he would need to purchase additional kilobytes from his webhost. Can't afford that.

dozens of them

TK's got so much time to play and screenshot his own games lately. Could he be... testing?

TK's got so much time to play and screenshot his own games lately. Could he be... testing?

after the dithdraw of betatesting team there is no such thing as testing! proven by patches :lol:

With regard to marketing...I'm not sure how much he really needs to do. It seems like his sims are almost viral now. What I mean is, when I look at the visitor statistics for my website, I get about 2500 hits a month and a large number of them come from people linking to me from forum posts that are many years old. There seem to be a whole lot of people searching for Strike Fighters material at any given time, so he has a lot of people who are going to find out about a new product very quickly without him having to relly do any serious marketing. Just an observation and my conclusion may be completely wrong. :blink:

We've had specular maps going back at least several patch levels.

Hmm, odd TK isn't using it then.

[dont pay attention]

Carrier Vs Carrier (+ strategic birds)? hmmm why not ... maybe called to protect iceland and/or UK ?

btw i think NA might probably open the path to "Gen III" Cold War level, Hornets (alongside tomcats, corsairs, phantoms on yankee carriers) , later block vipers, Fulcrum & Flanker ? (hehe)

http://thirdwire.com/images/main37.jpg

grin.gif

[/dont pay attention]

Edited by squid

copy of my thoughts

after the dithdraw of betatesting team there is no such thing as testing! proven by patches :lol:

lol.gif

Edited by squid

don't let that Fulcrum turn you on... it's been there for ages, it's from Air Dominance or something USAF recruiting tool, not to be sold to general public

not to be sold to general public

I wonder, if WikiLeaks got it...

don't let that Fulcrum turn you on... it's been there for ages, it's from Air Dominance or something USAF recruiting tool, not to be sold to general public

i know lol i just love i have the chance to be silly here without getting banned :grin:

Edited by squid

Hmm, odd TK isn't using it then.

Yes he is....the P-51D is just one example.

Notice the difference in reflectivity between the aluminum "skin" and the anti-glare panel on the top of the nose? That's not in the 3d model, that's actually defined in it's specular map....just check the cat files

img00217.JPG

Edited by Fubar512
Added image

Yes he is....the P-51D is just one example.

Notice the difference in reflectivity between the aluminum "skin" and the anti-glare panel on the top of the nose? That's not in the 3d model, that's actually defined in it's specular map....just check the cat files

I don't have the P-51, but I'd love a screenshot or something of how he's got that spec map set up on it. We could make some real nice improvements to existing models with new specular maps.

I have read somewhere, TK gave us a fantastic playground, where you can fly from the wright brothers flyer, to the F-35 and not only sghtseeing but combat missions ..

i don't remember ever sightseeing in SF , not since i first installed WOI at least. There's nothing really out there to see :tongue: (yet ...)

Edited by squid

I don't have the P-51, but I'd love a screenshot or something of how he's got that spec map set up on it. We could make some real nice improvements to existing models with new specular maps.

Unfortunately, specular maps in SF2 are called out in the .lod file, the same way textures and bump maps are. So unless one has the source file (or the .lod already has call-outs for them), they're out of luck.

We could make some real nice improvements to existing models with new specular maps.

sadly "No" is the answer in most cases, one has to have source max file of existing model, as specular map is defined as separate material in Max