Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Need A 3D Guru

i might model the Thunder SCARAB Boat for s**ts and giggles. just goota find some decent pix..

imagine trying to do an Anti Ship with that as the target.. hehehe.

Edited by SkateZilla

been there, done that, got the kill marks. You'll find them running 'round on a LOT of terrain mods.

no harder than the IJN barges Capun did for the WW2 PTO mods (just slightly larger)

Crusader: nice to know, finally!! after all these years what exactly they are!! Now, to edit all my _types inis, and the Pboats main ini, so the name shows!!! :grin:

LCAC WIP

post-2314-0-61936800-1325416286.jpg

Dave, what kind of load you´ll need? One with trucks, and one with M60A3?

• Like 1

Florian, that is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!

WOW!

Lebed is being roughed out. Trying to work on it when I can but my schedule is just crazy right now. That and I may be going to Seattle for a few days on a spontaneous road trip with a friend.

post-10543-0-46449900-1325453640.jpg

Looking good!

Now, all we need is to populate the Ledbeds and other LCACs with eels, and everything else should fall into place... :grin:

Now, all we need is to populate the Ledbeds and other LCACs with eels, and everything else should fall into place... :grin:

Isn't this the first sign of the apocalypse? :blink:

Isn't this the first sign of the apocalypse? :blink:

Uh No. Well maybe. Hell, it's the Hungarian Phrasebookalypse...

Very smooth lines, Grinch! :good: Keep up the good work!

Nice Grinch, will there be eels? :lol:

Da comrade!!!!

Grinch, make sure the fans are pivoted so they can rotate. There's a cheat that you can apply to ground objects, to make props on ships (and LCACs) rotate. Simply set them up as search radars, with no radar values other than a very short (.001) search time.

Was thinking about just doing semi transparent disks for the moving version and static fans for the static one.

Was thinking about just doing semi transparent disks for the moving version and static fans for the static one.

Those values don't apply to ground objects.

Wat? Just use a TGA for spinning prop disks since they support transparency in game. I used them for the antenna on the Fletcher. I mean, I guess I can try the way you mentioned but I don't think it will look as realistic as a disk painted up to look like a prop spinning at high speed.

Example of what I'm talking about

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/photos/photos/1/1/7/0594711.jpg

But now that I think of it, I can use your trick at a slower speed to increase the effect.

Edited by GrinchWSLG

First in-game pic. Still a lot of mapping and skinning to be done and the effects are just a fast mod of existing ones.

post-2314-0-66204200-1325709477.jpg

Wat? Just use a TGA for spinning prop disks since they support transparency in game. I used them for the antenna on the Fletcher. I mean, I guess I can try the way you mentioned but I don't think it will look as realistic as a disk painted up to look like a prop spinning at high speed.

What you posted above was basically the same technique that's used for props on aircraft, so my response was framed to that end. I was implying that aircraft prop values are not applicable to ground objects in this series.

But now that I think of it, I can use your trick at a slower speed to increase the effect.

A semi-transparent tga with simulated prop shadows, spinning along at a few dozen rpm would look good.

Some progress...

post-2314-0-16931600-1325757104.jpg

A quick test with the M-60A3 model as weapon. This is how it can look while on sea and at the beach...

post-2314-0-00508100-1325772072.jpg

post-2314-0-94590500-1325772087.jpg

• Like 1