Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Need A 3D Guru

It looks like you even modelled the skirt lowering on the Beach pic! :yikes:

Beautiful job matey!

These can also be used in place of Greek versions :good:

Seems like one LOD with a different "weapons position" you can see the beach boat is still straight with the waterline and not with the beach elevation like a tank would act :drinks:

Looks awesome Florian!

Nice job. Is it two different lods? Water and beach?

Seems like one LOD with a different "weapons position" you can see the beach boat is still straight with the waterline and not with the beach elevation like a tank would act :drinks:

It´s in fact two different LODs (with different weapon station), or better said two ground objects. The beach version looks like same elevation as this LOD has the front section lowered to have space to deploy the ramp. There is sadly no way to make ground objects change their behavior. The sea LOD is set as Warship, the beach LOD as Tank. Still need to change the props from the beach version to static.

But to create a storyline it should be enough. :cool:

It´s in fact two different LODs (with different weapon station), or better said two ground objects. The beach version looks like same elevation as this LOD has the front section lowered to have space to deploy the ramp. There is sadly no way to make ground objects change their behavior. The sea LOD is set as Warship, the beach LOD as Tank. Still need to change the props from the beach version to static.

But to create a storyline it should be enough. :cool:

Yeah, that's what my plan is as well, make two objects. Wonder if anyone has a squad of Soviet paratroopers I can borrow...

maybe not paras, but we've had Soviet Infantry since 2005/ish ... look for "Soviet_Squad" in many terrains or in the 1stGen D/L section (iirc, Kesselbrut did them)

If you can't find them, let me know. I gots all different kinds (same lod, just different countries!)

why not just use the Zombie squad??? :lol:

maybe not paras, but we've had Soviet Infantry since 2005/ish ... look for "Soviet_Squad" in many terrains or in the 1stGen D/L section (iirc, Kesselbrut did them)

If you can't find them, let me know. I gots all different kinds (same lod, just different countries!)

why not just use the Zombie squad??? :lol:

Hmm, guess I'll have a look.

Not much got done this weekend. Had to force myself back on a normal sleep schedule after 3 mids, that and a bottle of wine kept me from modeling. Finished some bits up tonight though. For the most part the rest is the horrible detail work. *Details aside from the props, gun, and doors obviously. I keep putting the doors off...

post-10543-0-08047700-1325833437.jpg

Edited by GrinchWSLG

Could I have a go at texturing the LCAC? I made one when I was at DICE.

Could I have a go at texturing the LCAC? I made one when I was at DICE.

Sure i can give you all files, when the model is done and all parts mapped. Thanks for the offer! :good:

Disregard. I've got it figured out.

Edited by GrinchWSLG

As they would say in Icelandic, "Svifnökkvinn minn er fullur af álum!!!!" :grin:

As they would say in Icelandic, "Svifnökkvinn minn er fullur af álum!!!!" :grin:

:lol:

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей!

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей!

just wondering how these were coming along? I've 'reserved' some parking slots for them (Ledbeds) at Busher and Khrag(ho) island, so whenever they're released.... I'm all set to place them on the PG map

Edited by Wrench

just wondering how these were coming along? I've 'reserved' some parking slots for them (Ledbeds) at Busher and Khrag(ho) island, so whenever they're released.... I'm all set to place them on the PG map

What's a dickfer?

I'm pecking away when I can. I've got the mid tonight so I'll have a long weekend and hopefully I'll get more work done.

post-10543-0-83318200-1326777194.jpg

Of course I also have another winter project I picked up last week...

post-10543-0-00899700-1326777244.jpg