The Su-15 for SF2 is absolutely beautiful and really fun to fly. I did look around to find out accurate placement of the lights from the internet and what follows is what I have added to the .Data.ini to reflect what my research shows:

// Lights ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-4.0,-5.1,-0.50

LightSrcOffset=-0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.06

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RightPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=4.0,-5.1,-0.50

LightSrcOffset=0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.25,0.98,0.25

Brightness=0.06

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[bottomStrobe]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.00,1.5,-0.93

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.00,-0.20

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.04

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.50

[TailStrobe]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-0.0,-10.70,2.83

LightSrcOffset=0.00,-0.20,0.00

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.04

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

[LtLandingLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-2.1,-3,-0.65

LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,3.50

Color=0.66,0.66,0.6

Brightness=0.2

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

IsLandingLight=TRUE

[RtLandingLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=2.1,-3,-0.65

LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,3.50

Color=0.66,0.66,0.6

Brightness=0.2

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

IsLandingLight=TRUE

The right and left landing lights need to be added to the appropriate wing (SystemName[008]=RtLandingLight or SystemName[008]=LtLandingLight). I, also, changed the name of bottom nose light to 'BottomStrobe', since it seem to describe the bottom fuselage strobe function better. The wing position lights were actually imbedded in the wing itself rather than at the wingtip as is usual by ICAO standards. There is also no top rotating beacon, also standard in accordance with ICAO. Evidently the Soviets didn't really care if their defense fighter jets complied with ICAO standards or not at the time. I guess they did not predict any Victor Belenkos in the PVO that might need correct lighting on their defection flight. At least not driving the Su-15 anyway. Fly dangerous.........

Edited by Jug

... :good:

Thank you! :salute:

Jug::

I guess they did not predict any Victor Belenkos in the PVO that might need correct lighting on their defection flight. At least not driving the Su-15 anyway. Fly dangerous.........

~> Defection light

Seems something like that would have been useful. :good:

Funny I always thought Su-15 was the second smoothest jet, after F~106. If I were Belenko I'd fly away with the Sukhoi.

The absolute best looking airplane I ever saw was a Camel cigarette poster in a convenience store, Lil Champ maybe, back in the 90s. Okay the poster had Joe Camel in shades and the airplane was literally an Su-15TM, twin engines and all, but with Mirage~esque circular half cone inlets. And it had just taken off from a carrier, with the mandatory swoosh grafic going back to the carrier in the background. Total fantasy but it was a tobacco ad, and the sharpest looking plane ever. Whoever made that poster knew enough to play around.

Su-15's have been fixed not long ago. under skin work currently. thanks for the lights section!! we could add it to the fix, if you don't mind...?

Please make a fix. And the afterburners seem having some problems, they are not lighting up, i mean can't see any sort of flames even when flying in afterburner. And also the R-98 missiles are black instead of white. try two solve these two issues please. Otherwise the Su-15 is a beautiful and pleasant plane to fly, it became my favorite interceptor. :))

@Skynight.

You can fix the black anabs both R98T and R98MT by renaming the bmp files in their respective folders to aa-3.bmp as that is what the .lod is looking for.

and check the data ini and /Effect folder for the "called for" afterburner effect

Yeah, the Su-15_ABEmitter file is missing the Shader statement. skyknight0721, drop the attached file into your Effects folder.

SU15_ABEmitter.7z

Hmm i don't know if any of you guys would help me again, but i need an information. Is it possible to modify the range of some types of missile and the range of their radar lock? If yes how? Anything to do with the weapon's editor?

yes

weapons editor (or even via standard text edit of the missiles data ini of one knows the parameters)

but DOUBLE and TRIPLE check what's already there with known RELIABLE sources ... cause most of what we got is pretty accurate

Edited by Wrench

That is done via a text edit of the RadarTrack values in the aircraft's _data.ini and _avionics.ini

They seem close to correct for me.

The weapons editor does not work on aircraft files. And as Wrench said most released missiles are OK.

Edited by logan4

Well guess that wrench was right, the missile range are pretty accurate. l0l. I made confusion and wrongly chose missiles for extreme long distances :biggrin:

Need help once more, the underwing missiles of the one of my aircraft (MiG-31BM) are not correctly positioned under the pylons, they are looking as if they are floating in the air. Is there any ways i can solve that? Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Looks like i need your help time and time again, am sorry for that but am just a noob in terms of modifying aircraft and weapons etc :closedeyes:. Hmm well here is my problem, i've downloaded an aircraft (MiG-29A) but the modder didn't add BVR missiles to like R-77 or R-27 for use with it. I have those missiles obtained from MiG-31 mod. But they don't appear in loadout screen to be used with the MiG-29A. Is there anyway I can add them to be used with the MiG-29A?? Thanks in advance.

Looks like i need your help time and time again, am sorry for that but am just a noob in terms of modifying aircraft and weapons etc :closedeyes:. Hmm well here is my problem, i've downloaded an aircraft (MiG-29G) but the modder didn't add BVR missiles to like R-77 or R-27 for use with it. I have those missiles obtained from MiG-31 mod. But they don't appear in loadout screen to be used with the MiG-29G. Is there anyway I can add them to be used with the MiG-29G?? Thanks in advance.

Mig-29G actually :p