Lanzfeld

ROF Claims Theft...Is It True?

If you want another apology Tamper it'll cost you $20 to download.

Hee hee. :clapping:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently, it's already there...but you have to unlock it

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Holy Crap. I go away for a weekend and look what you guys get into. Can't I leave you alone for a second without you getting into trouble?

Me, I also had some works to do and didn't watch them so much - sometimes it's a Kindergarten, isn't it? :grin:

I have just seen, that the RoF Forum has locked the thread about the accusations.

Before, Jason had tried to draw it on to a level of ding-dong ditching.

But still more posts came in telling him, what a bad style that was, and so they locked it up.

Not a gentlemen's duel with pistols at dawn - rather pulling the "EJECT" handle in a jet fighter.

I want to say to everybody here, that I am very, very glad, that I found this forum with all you good people!

The OFF Forum was my first forum ever.

What I have seen in other fora since then, convinced me, that we have a great place with a wonderful community.

Almost a kind of "Shire" in a world often so dark and shadowed.

I have seen places, where people only fight about something for the fighting reason.

They do not want to discuss anything, nor do they search for agreement or common sense - they want to fight.

Let us here keep the mess table clean, boys - and if we don't spill our beer over the piano keyboard,

the players can play all the wonderful tunes, when we come back from our sorties in the evenings.

Edited by Olham

It's funny 'cos it's true :rofl:

I have just seen, that the RoF Forum has locked the thread about the accusations.

Before, Jason had tried to draw it on to a level of ding-dong ditching.

But still more posts came in telling him, what a bad style that was, and so they locked it up.

Not a gentlemen's duel with pistols at dawn - rather pulling the "EJECT" handle in a jet fighter.

I want to say to everybody here, that I am very, very glad, that I found this forum with all you good people!

The OFF Forum was my first forum ever.

What I have seen in other fora since then, convinced me, that we have a great place with a wonderful community.

Almost a kind of "Shire" in a world often so dark and shadowed.

I have seen places, where people only fight about something for the fighting reason.

They do not want to discuss anything, nor do they search for agreement or common sense - they want to fight.

Let us here keep the mess table clean, boys - and if we don't spill our beer over the piano keyboard,

the players can play all the wonderful tunes, when we come back from our sorties in the evenings.

I'd agree with that Olham, but I'd add that a good forum is a delicate creature.

It doesn't take much bad blood to poison the whole tone of a place.

Comments like those of Jason are really much better for all of us by not being said in the first place.

Comments like those of Jason are really much better for all of us by not being said in the first place.

Sure - with a behaviour like that, a person like him wouldn't be able to enjoy a good seat in our mess for long anyway.

We can only keep this airfield tidy.

So, stand to your glasses steady,

This world is a world of lies,

Here's a drink to the dead already.

Hurrah for the next man to die.

:drunks:

Guys, maybe don't cry havoc and release the dogs of war just yet.

Take another look at that ROF thread. Ignore the Jason's comments, go right back to the start. That whole thread is bashing ROF, and one expression of disappointment after another. They're not happy with AI tactics, paid a lot of money but single player is dull, etc. etc. (Please don't pick up on the content itself, it's not important, just the theme that ROF is being repeatedly criticised).

I know Jason's comments were stupid and aimed at OFF, but reading more about it, is there perhaps a sub-plot going on here where Jason suspects the grumbles in the ROF community are perhaps co-ordinated have something to do with OFF? When people are gripeing about something they're not happy with, positive references to OFF do appear as frequent comparisons. Put yourselves in Jason's shoes and you might begin to see such posts as OFF friendly trolls.

I'm not excusing Jason's comments, nor defending him for saying them, but if you look at the earlier parts of the thread, it is a frustrating kind of thread for a developer to read through. Add perhaps a little paranoia that OFF is the enemy and there are OFF agitators inside the ROF wire, (when we're not), and suddenly Jason perhaps becomes less of an idiot and perhaps a guy who's frustrated, under attack and under pressure and just lashed out at 'somebody'. He does go on to say how everybody hates him etc. Can you imagine one of our Devs saying that?

I don't think he wants a war with the OFF community. I think he needs reassured we're not the enemy and that we want ROF to be a success as much as he does, - just in the same way we'd all like the ROF community to be supportive and constructive about OFF whenever it comes out.

We are a small niche community but we have a lot of common interests. There is certainly room in this town for both of us. So come on Jason, get a grip of yourself and start building some bridges and making some friends. It's very good for business.

Edited by Flyby PC
  • Like 1

There appears to be alot of beer around here.

Excellent :salute:

Have fun,

Eric

Eric, there does appear to be a lot of beer around here. One of the draws of the place, me'thinks.

And Flyby, I believe OFF and RoF can share common borders in a peaceful fashion, just so long as Archie Duke doesn't go and shoot an ostrich because he's hungry.

:grin:

Guys, maybe don't cry havoc and release the dogs of war just yet.

Take another look at that ROF thread. Ignore the Jason's comments, go right back to the start. That whole thread is bashing ROF, and one expression of disappointment after another. They're not happy with AI tactics, paid a lot of money but single player is dull, etc. etc. (Please don't pick up on the content itself, it's not important, just the theme that ROF is being repeatedly criticised).

I know Jason's comments were stupid and aimed at OFF, but reading more about it, is there perhaps a sub-plot going on here where Jason suspects the grumbles in the ROF community are perhaps co-ordinated have something to do with OFF? When people are gripeing about something they're not happy with, positive references to OFF do appear as frequent comparisons. Put yourselves in Jason's shoes and you might begin to see such posts as OFF friendly trolls.

I'm not excusing Jason's comments, nor defending him for saying them, but if you look at the earlier parts of the thread, it is a frustrating kind of thread for a developer to read through. Add perhaps a little paranoia that OFF is the enemy and there are OFF agitators inside the ROF wire, (when we're not), and suddenly Jason perhaps becomes less of an idiot and perhaps a guy who's frustrated, under attack and under pressure and just lashed out at 'somebody'. He does go on to say how everybody hates him etc. Can you imagine one of our Devs saying that?

I don't think he wants a war with the OFF community. I think he needs reassured we're not the enemy and that we want ROF to be a success as much as he does, - just in the same way we'd all like the ROF community to be supportive and constructive about OFF whenever it comes out.

We are a small niche community but we have a lot of common interests. There is certainly room in this town for both of us. So come on Jason, get a grip of yourself and start building some bridges and making some friends. It's very good for business.

This is fair and very wise comment. We must all step back from our initial (justified) shock at this Jason fellow's comments, and the above is an excellent analysis. From Jason's point of view, Rome wasn't built in a day, and understandably he can't satisfy everybody's demands overnight, and maybe it got to him. This is a niche community within a niche, and there is room for us all; many of us, myself included, have several WWI flight sims, and play them alternately for different aspects of the experience, so nobody should have anything to fear.

For some reason, the sim community as a whole has always been burdened by people who almost fanatically defend their own favourite sim and hate everything else. It's stupid and not at all useful, considering what a small group of people we are and just how little money there is to be made in the sim business compared to almost any other genre of video games.

I like to stay out of all that crap and enjoy the sims. Live and let live, right? :drinks:

Sorry but I don't buy this - no matter what he may have thought (i) his original post was inexcusable (ii) the 'reason' he produced for making it, in the face of justified criticism, was, frankly, incredible, if not an insult to the intelligence of readers and customers; and finally (iii) the apology, when it finally came, was half-hearted, accompanied as it was by a stream of self-justification.

I've been reading the original thread for some days and one can understand the dev's frustration. But the fact is that 777 have made certain decisions as to the development direction of their product, which they are ENTIRELY entitled to do, and a significant number of players have expressed disappointment with that, which they are likewise entirely entitled to do, without being seen as trolls or promotors of a hidden agenda.

Making a wild allegation of theft is simply NOT an acceptable (or even an adult!) response to some of your customers expressing dissapointment.

If he thought some references to other sims indicated some kind of attack, well that's paranoia, and again no excuse. All he had to say was just that 777 have adopted the development strategy they have and while he regrets that some will be disappointed, others will hopefully appreciate it, and the commercial necessities behind it.

Guys try to imagine how we feel about all this as a company that was accused and threatened with legal action....

But with that I am now going to close this thread - nothing good can come of it any more.