Lanzfeld

ROF Claims Theft...Is It True?

Reading this Jason's posts he appears to me to have a chip the size of a planet on his shoulder. Considering his attitude I would never purchase his product.

Damn bad form.

Not funny at all... :no:

I posted comparative pictures over there, so everyone can judge that ridiculous claim...

Hmm. Not impressed with his post following the accusation. As follows:

"LOL. Man I love kicking the bee hive sometimes to uncover the Jason haters."

Given that it was in an ROF forum - presumably inhabited by people who've bought, play and like to discuss the game, that's a terribly lame start, and smacks horribly of paranoia.

"Why there is so much angst in the flight-sim community still boggles my mind."

Well, nothing like adding to it with an accusation and a threat of litigation against another developer eh? Bound to lower the temperature, that is.

"I'm not suing anyone. Someone sent me an email saying to have a look at their medals. I did, looks very similar, but whatever. I just threw out that bomb for fun. You guys don't dissappoint."

And there's nothing like insulting the intelligence of your customers to give the best possible slant upon your business and personal morality and your atitude towards them. You'd have thought he'd have more respect for both himself, and more importantly for the people who pay his wages. Clearly not. Add in a gratuitous and very possibly libellous accusation regarding OBD, and I think we have the measure of the man in spades.

"I'm the most evil dude ever to try and give people a good flight-sim. Someday you'll miss me."

My only thought: don't flatter yourself, matey.

• Like 1

"Not funny at all... :no:

I posted comparative pictures over there, so everyone can judge that ridiculous claim..."

Saw that Ellie - given that his 'joke' was in such bad taste and so paranoicly aggressive, I simply wonder what runs through his head.

Someday you'll miss me?.... yeah, like a hole in the head!

It became clear to me some time ago that Jason has...how should I describe it...mental issues of some concern. His bitterness and resentment towards the entire gaming world for not having made him rich with RoF is palpable. What is also very clear is his lack of honour and integrity.

I do not believe RoF will survive this year, at least not in any meaningful way, and Jason seems hellbent on fulfilling that prediction with his erratic behaviour. And the best indication of the truth of that is how many of his once most-faithful followers have turned on him and 'his' directionless product.

Edited by Siggi

The comparison has recently been posted on the restored thread - and there isn't one. considering they are the same medals, the difference is striking.

The 'allegation' is now being laughed off as a joke, believe it or not.

Yeah...cos they're sh*tting themselves now!...cos THEY'RE the ones who could get their asses sued!!!

I recommend to remain halfways calm - maybe "Jason" acted alone and out of frustration.

Perhaps he's had a few before he wrote that. Let's not pour fuel into the fire.

Edited by Olham

"And the best indication of the truth of that is how many of his once most-faithful followers have turned on him and 'his' directionless product."

I did wonder why they decided that what ROF really, really needed was a couple of seaplanes and the Channel coast. AFAIK, it doesn't even have Flanders and a decent selection of early and two seat planes yet. Never mind. I wonder who did the consumer research on that one.

Thats a good point Olham. I know that I have made a comment or two on the net when I had a few in me that I later wish I hadnt. Back in the day of course.

Too much in the way of jumping to conclusions in both threads IMO.

Patience is called for to be sure.:ok:

BUT: Jason definitely needs to understand that from a customer's point of view, the very act of staying mostly silent and then throwing in a "wrench" like he just did was bound to have an "area effect". :blink:

Thats a good point Olham. I know that I have made a comment or two on the net when I had a few in me that I later wish I hadnt. Back in the day of course.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't! (but, thankfully..tonight...I'm sober!) :rofl:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,

ROF must be bricking it over OFF2 :grin: .

I will not stop using ROF - its the only way I can get to fly a Dolphin -

(until...may I dare to hope?) but I will maintain a sneer of manly contempt throughout.

Take that, you blighters.

:punish:

"And the best indication of the truth of that is how many of his once most-faithful followers have turned on him and 'his' directionless product."

I did wonder why they decided that what ROF really, really needed was a couple of seaplanes and the Channel coast. AFAIK, it doesn't even have Flanders and a decent selection of early and two seat planes yet. Never mind. I wonder who did the consumer research on that one.

Let's face it...once you get over the fancy graphics..and the bumpy ride...there's little substance!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,

ROF must be bricking it over OFF2 :grin: .

I will not stop using ROF - its the only way I can get to fly a Dolphin

Not so:

Sadly fairly typical behavior, but meh. Bring on the next phase of this most excellent sim. :drinks:

Is the First Eagles Lima?

Is the First Eagles Lima?

Yes it certainly is. It's one of the A Team Skunkworks planes, along with the Snipe; but then, you already knew they had a Snipe, didn't you? :)

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Jason is a fool...

He kicked himself in the nuts with this one.

medalcomparison.jpg

Gee wizz, Columbo - they're on to something - exactly the same*, well - apart from the fact that they're different colours, and the swords are different shapes, and the ribbon is a different texture, and a different shape, and the metal is a different texture, and a different width, and a different edge width, and a different portrait...

Other than that they're exactly the same.* :grin:

* (I'm being sarcastic incase you were wondering.)

But it's true, the two games are based on the same war! *le gasp!*

Edited by MikeDixonUK
  • Like 1

Yes it certainly is. It's one of the A Team Skunkworks planes, along with the Snipe; but then, you already knew they had a Snipe, didn't you? :)

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Yes, I have most of the skunkworks planes...musta overlooked the Dolphin though (silly me!)

Are they doing any for FE2?

Let's face it...once you get over the fancy graphics..and the bumpy ride...there's little substance!

For me it has nothing to do with which sim is "better". The blatant, unsubstantiated accusation that OBD would steal someone else's work and that Jason is going to "enjoy suing them" shows how detached from reality he has become. To then say that it was all done as a joke is either pathetic or further evidence of his complete irrationality. In either case, it is unprofessional behavior that is simply not acceptable. It's too bad, because I occassionally enjoy a good RoF dogfight now and then, but unless there is some kind of major management change over there, I've spent my last dime with 777.

Winder, Pol and company...we're with you, Gentleman. Thanks for all that you do. Salute.gif

Hellshade

• Like 1

medalcomparison.jpg

Gee wizz, Columbo - they're on to something - exactly the same*, well - apart from the fact that they're different colours, and the swords are different shapes, and the ribbon is a different texture, and a different shape, and the metal is a different texture, and a different width, and a different edge width, and a different portrait...

Other than that they're exactly the same.* :grin:

* (I'm being sarcastic incase you were wondering.)

The daft thing about it is...they're the same bloody medal!...Of course they're going to look similar..if not, the same!

And why the hell would OBD pinch someone else's graphic...when theirs are superior in every way?

• Like 1

Ace

Yes, I have most of the skunkworks planes...musta overlooked the Dolphin though (silly me!)

Are they doing any for FE2?

They work fine in FE2 - if you look at the install instructions that come with, say, Stephen1918's great planes at CombatAce, like the new Rumpler C1 or revised Alb CIII, they explain the difference - basically for FE2, you copy the compete installed plane to the Objects/Decals folder (make one if it doesn't exist) and then to save space, delete all in the copied folder apart from the sub folder labelled 'D' (and any in the path to it)- I did it just now for the Snipe, which i had d/led some time back but not installed till now, with the result below. Also helps to install Peter01's FM mod, since some mod planes are made for Normal FM, not Hard:

Edited by 33LIMA