Hey man your are welcome back....just dont flood The Pub like before. Deal?

Yeah...I never knew Uncleal was back...it's like having your very own CIA operative! :rofl:

Just goes to prove it's what you say that gets you banned, not who you are. Be civil to people and you don't need the cloak.

Manifestly it IS possible agent Uncleal, - and as far as I know that's all anybody ever asked of you. :grin:

even still, I would stay incognito unc.

He'd find that hard to do. His language is like a fingerprint.

Hey, this is a very friendly invitation of Dave, Unc - come out from behind the bush.

No need for incognitos - just try your very best civilised behaviour; and try hard.

Actually, it's a wall Olham, and there he is!

peeking_smilie_001.gif

I guess I'm too new to pick up on which one he is by his language... maybe I need to re-read his Tips'n Tricks to pick up on it!

This is brilliant - if you stop and think about it. By not telling us what his alter-ego was, we're all left wondering... what new names popped up lately that might be him? And, heaven help us, what if it's one of our own - someone we've known for ages. So now we all start looking around at each other and wonder... could Olham be UncleAL? What about Lou - he's always been a bit too civil for his own good - it has to be an act!

Damn it Unc! You're creating havoc whether you're here or not! hyper.gif

Captain Sopwith, it isn't that hard to spot Uncle Al. He was posting here quite recently (before the outage) using his latest alias. Do some detective work, and I'm sure you'll figure it out. :cool:

Yes, Olham is correct. The key can be the style which he writes. S

If it was me, it would be easy, thanks to my English errors.

You mean, that Unc made all the way from Florida to Berlin, to let the true Olham

disappear forever, and then to take over my computer incl. my pin number, only

to be able to still be around in Combat Ace?

Oh, and of course he would have studied all my posts I ever wrote, to get my

half-educated "Deunglish" right.

Well, that would be true devotion! :cool:

• Like 1

I for one have always admired your English, Olham. Makes me jealous that all I an manage is Gesundheit and Danke Schoen!

:drinks:,

Tom

Edited by HumanDrone

Thank you, Human Drone, and don't feel ashamed - German is twenty times harder

to learn than English. Thirty times rather.

And "danke schoen" and "Gesundheit" are good to start with. :bye:

Thank you, Human Drone, and don't feel ashamed - German is twenty times harder

to learn than English. Thirty times rather.

And "danke schoen" and "Gesundheit" are good to start with. :bye:

Strong verbs were easy, but weak and mixed verbs were a bitch to memorize. Not to mention bestimmte und unbestimmte artikel. Thirty times harder is right.

BTW, All of Germany should be in mourning for the passing of Dietrich Fischer Dieskau last Friday. One of my heroes. Saw him perform in Phoenix, Arizona in 1972 and have never heard another baritone that could hold a candle to him. Still regularly listen to his many German lieder recordings. Fantastik!!

BTW, All of Germany should be in mourning for the passing of Dietrich Fischer Dieskau last Friday. One of my heroes. Saw him perform in Phoenix, Arizona in 1972 and have never heard another baritone that could hold a candle to him. Still regularly listen to his many German lieder recordings. Fantastik!!

Yes, probably the best baritone of our time. His repertoire it was s so vast, that made also him special and quite unique.

I only knew it by chance. When it was Pavarotti's death, I saw everybody commenting it everywhere. It's a shame that people only look into the tenors. I suppose the same happen with the sopranos.

Edited by Von Paulus

Yes, probably the best baritone of our time. His repertoire it was s so vast, that made also him special and quite unique.

I only knew it by chance. When it was Pavarotti's death, I saw everybody commenting it everywhere. It's a shame that people only look into the tenors. I suppose the same happen with the sopranos.

Can't say I ever liked Pavarotti all that much. For my money, no one can top Jussi Boerling...similar to Fischer Dieskau in technique. Few tenors can manage Boerling's ability to maintain the same tone production throughout their range. Boerling was the only tenor Enrico Caruso's widow felt worthy of access to her late husband's archives.

Can't say I ever liked Pavarotti all that much. For my money, no one can top Jussi Boerling...similar to Fischer Dieskau in technique. Few tenors can manage Boerling's ability to maintain the same tone production throughout their range. Boerling was the only tenor Enrico Caruso's widow felt worthy of access to her late husband's archives.

I'm no expert in technical details, I'm just a listener. I too never liked much Pavarotti's voice, preferred more for example Placido Domingo. But that's personal.

Never heard Jussi Boerling, only now. It seems he had a much clear, "sobrierity" and balance voice than Pavarotti. It's a question of style. I usually favor balance.

Strong verbs were easy, but weak and mixed verbs were a bitch to memorize. Not to mention bestimmte und unbestimmte artikel. Thirty times harder is right.

Why it is "der Baum" (the tree - male), but "die Eiche" (the oak - female), and then "das Mädchen" (the maiden - neuter) - that's beyond any explanation.

... All of Germany should be in mourning for the passing of Dietrich Fischer Dieskau last Friday. One of my heroes. Saw him perform in Phoenix, Arizona

in 1972 and have never heard another baritone that could hold a candle to him. Still regularly listen to his many German lieder recordings. Fantastik!!

Yes, he was very famous here, and the main evening news had a report of his death, with the stations and achievements of his life.

One of those voices beyond just "good quality".

Living in Wien/Vienna and thinking I could speak passable Deutsch was a big surprise to find that mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut... and thats on a good day... As to Unc yeha he is missed as some have said his words of wisdom were invaluable but god help you if you asked a question that he had already answered... I propose we raise a drink to the old man in the corner :drinks:

Now let's not make too many words; his head is big enough already;

in the end his "radar antenna" * may not fit anymore.

:grin:

(* TrackIR clip device)

By the way, he was here most all the time; and Dave had already recognised him.