His theory is that If he produced addon aircraft, only the most popular would make back the time/money invested in them, which means only the popular ones could be produced.

Fair call. All you have to do to see this is to fire up something like Aces High and it's huge disparity of aircraft per nation. At last count I think it was 48 US aircraft and sub-types vs 14 German and around 10 Japanese, much like how our community was say, 4-5 years ago. But that's by the by.

Your T-38 was a fine example FC. Deal with it. :tongue:

still, I want a lightwieght fighter to go along with my Tomcat and Eagle..

and the "Module" for the F-16 that's being worked on by VTAI will be far from DCS level.

I don't think the F-22 will be that hard to model. If anything, it's easy to. The only issue is figuring out what it can't do, not what it can.

You just proceed from "sees everything, no one sees it", "outflies most everything in close", and "total glass cockpit". I think the old Novalogic and iMagic F-22 sims from the 90s did a good job modeling the plane. The worlds they were in were of variable quality, but the plane worked pretty much as unclassifed reports declare. It's a lot harder to model something like an F-15E or A-10 that have lots of limitations.

the F-18E/F, I'd have to see what other's say first.

I don't think VRS is doing the F version of the Super, but the E is pretty fun to fly, a lot more challenging than the one that's here. Then again that might just need an FM tweak but still its harder to trap at lower speeds than the VRS Bug.

Edited by EricJ

I don't think VRS is doing the F version of the Super, but the E is pretty fun to fly, a lot more challenging than the one that's here. Then again that might just need an FM tweak but still its harder to trap at lower speeds than the VRS Bug.

Coretex Designs is doing the SuperBug for DCS.

VRS has too much on their plate with FSX and the TacPack last i checked/heard.

post-182-0-26443500-1345658744_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

I seriously hope the series does not drift into that modern stuff. I came to play 50ies' and 60ies' jet, with the Phantom being the most modern. I don't want modern jets, and even if I wanted them, SF would not be my first choice.

Fair call. All you have to do to see this is to fire up something like Aces High and it's huge disparity of aircraft per nation. At last count I think it was 48 US aircraft and sub-types vs 14 German and around 10 Japanese, much like how our community was say, 4-5 years ago. But that's by the by.

Funny enough, when 1S published the sale figures of Cliffs of Dover, more than half the (meager) international/non Russian sales were in Germany... iirc

yeah the SF2 SuperBug seems "too" easy to fly, and too hard to pull off the maneuvers they do in the tach demo.

Edited by SkateZilla

True, but if they develop an F I may go back to DCS series, but right now I'll stick with SF2 and FSX, but cool for the heads up...

see the problem with DCS is that it will give us all the modern tech toys of which I like maybe Superbug only, instead of focusing on something like whole older Mig family, Su-17/20 etc, Su-15... those I'd like to check out

The only one I have doubts about is the F-22, as i doubt there is enough info to accurately represent the flight model and the systems on a DCS Level.

Yes Hi Fidelity information can be obtained from Novalogics F-22 - so no problem there :biggrin:

Yes Hi Fidelity information can be obtained from Novalogics F-22 - so no problem there :biggrin:

or from one of the whistle blowers hand books... offer them some dough, scan the required pages with flight envelope data on it, input into AFM.

Im not one for the F-22, so..

I'll Stick with 80s/90s Fighters. (F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18 and some 60/s70s Aircraft (F-4, A-4, F-5).

I wont be flying migs, sorry, not my cup of tea, TBH out of all of them I'll Prolly be in the F-14D and F-18E more than anything. as I already know most of the procedures for them switchology wise.

That's pretty much where I stand, I fly enough Super Hornets in FSX and SF2 so DCS? More than likely not because I have my project here and I can't just drop it either, put too much time in it...

• Like 1

ironically the DCS SuperBug is using a Pre-made Model from MeshFactory or something, and tbh, it looks crazy similar to yours.

Well crazy as it sounds... that's where the one here was derived from :smile: So it's nothing new but I'm sure they chopped down the polys as it was like 100K or so

TBH,

CombatAce has enough 3d Modelers, Texture Artists, and Flight model people,

We could start a CombatAce Studio for DCS Planes, and Build Modules of 60s/70s jets w/ AFMs on a crazy quick pace.

Charge $15 or so each, split the money to the people that did the work for each module.

Most of the 3rd party DCS Modules are still a year or 2 away, because they are either still working on FSX Projects, or they are trying to One/Two man the entire project.

Edited by SkateZilla

In theory. In practice, I think ED is being a bit cautious. I suppose if all here formally organized somehow to do it, it might work. But it also might not.

True and not many are used to working with ED either.

everytime somebody writes "ED" ... i keep seeing vaigra commercials....

I was waiting for someone to say something like "every time someone says ED in the TW section a kitten dies."

Edited by SkateZilla