Sign in to follow this  
QQ123

SF2 can use radar to lock on multiple targets simultaneously?

It probably should be another topic but I noticed the same behavior in the April patch; as an experiment I upped the explosive weights X10 and seemed to get "normal" kill ratios. I posted this in a thread at TW, however when TK addressed the issue it seems he just made all missiles (too much) more effective.

So it would be reasonable to lower the strength of the backfire to make it more realistic.

The shootlist and in range flashing etc works only with the F14avionics dll.

The avionics70 dll has some of the new functions listed but they are not all working, particularly the F-14 specific stuff .

The shootlist and in range flashing etc works only with the F14avionics dll.

The avionics70 dll has some of the new functions listed but they are not all working, particularly the F-14 specific stuff .

Correct, shoulda been more specific, but saisran was already using F14A dll.

Correct, shoulda been more specific, but saisran was already using F14A dll.

yup, im using F14A.dll

SupGen, I found out that none of the TW's Tu-22 model has this entry "StructuralFactor=" In their Data.ini. Usually it's valued as StructuralFactor=1.5 attached to the [Fuselage] or i think any part of the model that breaks. This maybe the reason why you can't shoot them down.

Edited by saisran

yup, im using F14A.dll

SupGen, I found out that none of the TW's Tu-22 model has this entry "StructuralFactor=" In their Data.ini. Usually it's valued as StructuralFactor=1.5 attached to the [Fuselage] or i think any part of the model that breaks. This maybe the reason why you can't shoot them down.

Check

Armor entrys may they are to high

Check

Armor entrys may they are to high

The Data.inis doesn't have armor entries. Upon checking, other bombers like the TU-16 and other TW A/C has "structuralfactor" usually attached to parts thta has "damagerating=destroyed" entries. I tested it by adding "StructuralFactor=1.5 " to the Fuselage and other destroyed entries. and the Phoenix can now achieve an almost 1 -1 kills for every direct hit. proximity hits now does damage if not a kill and Aim-120's are still close to useless which is fair enough considering it's warhead is smaller or just about the same as an AIM-7.

This was a problem with a recent patch with invincible bombers - the latest patch should have fixed that.

BTW here's the results of shooting with the F14AAvionics.dll. I recorded a short video but somehow the video didn't work... but anyway:

post-5735-0-36089300-1347848556_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ

So the J stands for Johnnson :biggrin:. The F1A.dll makes everything harder for my beloved :airplane: but then again its always better with competition. :biggrin:

Managed to get the video to record properly...

saisaran it's because the MF birds are modeled as they should be. One of the reasons I don't use it is because no real radar display. For strike missions it's pretty good but other than that I don't use it for anything else. And yes the "J" does in my nickname means "Johnson."

And although it's on the Super Hornet it's done the same way. I just tend to acquire each target (which if I understand it how it works) and fire. I think its a misnomer about "simultaneous engagement" where you have to still acquire each target and then launch.

Multiple Engagement.wmv

Edited by EricJ

great vid Eric. MF's Tomcat are great. It just get's boring when everything just falls out of the sky each time my squad released the phoenix. adding F14A.dll to other planes makes it more interesting. btw, installed the july update( i thought i installed it already) and now the missiles are way to effective. Should have just stick to the old one as i have already manage to get a nice balance by adding structuralfactor entries in those bombers. now even a sidewinder can kill a heavily armoured bear and it seems like the trick doesn't work in reverse. :biggrin:

Well unfortunately (I don't think anyway) nobody's launched a 'winder on a Bear to date, so it's only speculative on how really effective missiles are these days. Buuut no problem though on the vid.

The Data.inis doesn't have armor entries. Upon checking, other bombers like the TU-16 and other TW A/C has "structuralfactor" usually attached to parts thta has "damagerating=destroyed" entries. I tested it by adding "StructuralFactor=1.5 " to the Fuselage and other destroyed entries. and the Phoenix can now achieve an almost 1 -1 kills for every direct hit. proximity hits now does damage if not a kill and Aim-120's are still close to useless which is fair enough considering it's warhead is smaller or just about the same as an AIM-7.

ok my bad dint check before i speak

Never thought structural factor affected damage - always seemed to affect when the aircraft broke from overstress. Looks like there's more to it than that.

In the April patch. adding them allowed me to inflict damage on the invincible backfires.

Here's the actual TW F-14A with the multi-targeting function used. The first half was just a previous recording I thought was cool to add but the second half has the right engagement.

F-14 Multi-engagement.wmv

• Like 1

great vid Eric. MF's Tomcat are great. It just get's boring when everything just falls out of the sky each time my squad released the phoenix. adding F14A.dll to other planes makes it more interesting. btw, installed the july update( i thought i installed it already) and now the missiles are way to effective. Should have just stick to the old one as i have already manage to get a nice balance by adding structuralfactor entries in those bombers. now even a sidewinder can kill a heavily armoured bear and it seems like the trick doesn't work in reverse. :biggrin:

Not to be a d**k, but that's what I was saying yesterday. Did you save your April installers? If you did, you can have a separate April install. In the May and July patches you have to have Weapons set to Hard to get anything near realistic kill ratios.

I still have the

Not to be a d**k, but that's what I was saying yesterday. Did you save your April installers? If you did, you can have a separate April install. In the May and July patches you have to have Weapons set to Hard to get anything near realistic kill ratios.

Yup, I initially thought i have the latest patch.

If you need pointers on the separate install, let me know and I'll PM you tomorrow. Not tonight, it's way past my bedtime already.

If you need pointers on the separate install, let me know and I'll PM you tomorrow. Not tonight, it's way past my bedtime already.

Thanks SupGen, I'm good. I like to keep everything in a single package coz i can easily get confused. This way i have them all in a single click aside from the fact that my machine doesn't have much space. Although if you don't mind i do have a question.My machine isn't very powerful so i decided to put the graphic settings for the effects and environment to low. Could you point me to which specific file and entries are responsible for the fire effect in this pic. I believe there's 3. fire, fire1 and animatedfire. with several entries for fuel fire engine fire etc. most other effect are ok but the big fireball is like this.

or update your drivers Saisran

Thanks SupGen, I'm good. I like to keep everything in a single package coz i can easily get confused. This way i have them all in a single click aside from the fact that my machine doesn't have much space. Although if you don't mind i do have a question.My machine isn't very powerful so i decided to put the graphic settings for the effects and environment to low. Could you point me to which specific file and entries are responsible for the fire effect in this pic. I believe there's 3. fire, fire1 and animatedfire. with several entries for fuel fire engine fire etc. most other effect are ok but the big fireball is like this.

Looks like you have a missing TGA. I had the same problem a couple years ago when I ported files from one install int another. It turned out to be a missing aircraft fuel fire tga you will have to look at the callouts in the ini's and make sure you have the corresponding TGA's in your effects folder.