skinning the Fort proceeds apace...

although I'm going bat-s**t crazy trying to figure out WHERE each of the cowl flaps are mapped at (I know where they are on the map, just not sure which color is top or bottom of camo parting line).

Noticed that someone was working on a certain cockpit, decided to build a new model for it...this is the very start of the project..no need to say what plane this is ..the 3-view speaks for it self :secret:

post-11906-0-76608900-1359844445_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-27706700-1359844562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k
  • Like 3

oh, man!! That means I'll have to make new skins!!! :biggrin: I was gonna issue a 'remod' of the original...but I think I can wait a bit!

Well, at least I can reuse all the decals!!!!

• Like 2

cut and turbosmothed..as i said before ..I like this new modding method :ok:

post-11906-0-92850600-1359852340_thumb.jpg

Holy Moly! One of my fav planes´s reborn! Mr. Wonderfull Veltro, could you add or make a version with the ¨football shape¨ ADF antenna as they used it on CBI front? This´s gonna be the P-61 month.

Awesome Ed!

I'll have the cockpit ready in several days

Awesome Ed!

I'll have the cockpit ready in several days

kewl Stary...that pic was my inspiration :notworthy:

Holy Moly! One of my fav planes´s reborn! Mr. Wonderfull Veltro, could you add or make a version with the ¨football shape¨ ADF antenna as they used it on CBI front? This´s gonna be the P-61 month.

Wiltches show me a pic of it

Ed

post-11906-0-32985400-1359909977_thumb.jpg

cut and turbosmothed..as i said before ..I like this new modding method :ok:

Never hurts to experiment in 3ds max...suprising what you find out that helps model stuff quicker and easy...

glass and canopies and front radar dome cut out

post-11906-0-44782000-1359920085_thumb.jpg

that means 2 or 3 different lods ... cause only the CBI units used the ADF football. (sometning about all the jungles they flew over and needing "guidence")

lod 1 - minus upper turret, with football

lod 2 - minus upper turret (P-61A) no football (ETO/PTO)

lod 3- with upper turret, no football (P-61B) (PTO/ETO, post-war)

or, alternatively, one lod with ALL stuff, like we did before, and I can remove the meshs via the 'remove component trick" data ini edits.

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1

it should be in a knowledge base, as far as I remember it was a trick that was making the desired part of the model being set as "destroyed" thus not showing, but I never fiddled with that

@Veltro

seeing as my "quick stand-in cockpit work" turns into dedicated P-61 cockpit, could you send me 3ds of the pilot's canopy? would help me alot with making the cockpit better fitting your model (and the real thing)

it should be in a knowledge base, as far as I remember it was a trick that was making the desired part of the model being set as "destroyed" thus not showing, but I never fiddled with that

@Veltro

seeing as my "quick stand-in cockpit work" turns into dedicated P-61 cockpit, could you send me 3ds of the pilot's canopy? would help me alot with making the cockpit better fitting your model (and the real thing)

will do Stary

much appreciated Ed! :ok:

Since you made an SB2C, how about an BT2C?

Is that that one with a bubble canopy ?

great! I have new improved cockpit mesh ready, now to battle the ini (man I hate this part!)