Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Next DCS Module

I told everyone in the other thread, post #5!

Guess that proves people don't actually READ my posts...

it was not the aircraft designation we were looking for.. AB-212 vs UH-1

Uh1? Really?? Hope they add tactical insertions/extractions, cause as a GS the Huey will suck.

UH-1D/H slick as a gunship?

As far as I know we never used them, but perhaps the Aussies did.

Would be nice to see a B/C/E/M, especially with a FROG/HOG package...hummm "red teams"

I wonder if there is chance for a OH-6A?

That's because they're using the manufacturer designation. Not exactly sure why, but whatever. A rose by any other name...

"Based on the stretched fuselage Bell 205, the Bell 212 was originally developed for the Canadian Forces as the CUH-1N and later redesignated as the CH-135. The Canadian Forces took delivery of 50 starting in May, 1971. At the same time the United States military services ordered 294 Bell 212s under the designation UH-1N."

UH-1D/H slick as a gunship?

As far as I know we never used them, but perhaps the Aussies did.

Would be nice to see a B/C/E/M, especially with a FROG/HOG package...hummm "red teams"

I wonder if there is chance for a OH-6A?

It's not a D, it's an UH-1N. At least, that's what the internal usage of "AB 212" in the .lua files indicates.

Problem with that is that's a twin-engine version, and the video shows a single engine...confused...

Edited by JediMaster

That's because they're using the manufacturer designation. Not exactly sure why, but whatever. A rose by any other name...

"Based on the stretched fuselage Bell 205, the Bell 212 was originally developed for the Canadian Forces as the CUH-1N and later redesignated as the CH-135. The Canadian Forces took delivery of 50 starting in May, 1971. At the same time the United States military services ordered 294 Bell 212s under the designation UH-1N."

It's not a D, it's an UH-1N. At least, that's what the internal usage of "AB 212" in the .lua files indicates.

Problem with that is that's a twin-engine version, and the video shows a single engine...confused...

Based on what I saw in the video UH-1D/H is shown, looks like a later model with a IR disperser/suppressor.

A twin engine Bell "N" as a gunship I could see DCS making, since just about every country on earth with a helicopter force has used them in transport, utility, and/or light attack-suppression roles.

Edited by ironroad

A Huey is a wet dream for me. I cant wait.

Underwhelmed..............At least it's not a russian aircraft that had only 30 or so made.

A Huey, come on DCS, bring fighters! F-16's, F15's and F-18's WTH! Next we are going to have a jeep and that stupid atu-80 thingy.

With a USMC skin like this one and "only" If is possible to drop and pick ground troops can be a great addition. Do you think will be possible to fly missions with door gunners only? With no A-G weapons and without all those Things hanging outside the chopper?

ah1w-080923-1rs.jpg

I like flying the Huey in BF3 in a circular pattern while the guys on the miniguns hose down the enemy. However, I believe you're wrong about it being the next module or a module at all. Disinformation. It's the Hornet.

Edited by Ruggbutt

Its anyone's guess at this point. Ill take a Huey or a Hornet.

i got my time life flower power collection queued up on the mp3 player.;....

..... stop .. hey.. whats that sound...... ...

Edited by SkateZilla

Buffalo Springfield's lone lasting hit!

Also known as "that song from the Born on the 4th of July" trailer from over 20 years ago.

As for whether this is supposed to be single or twin-engined, I'm guessing what we saw in the video is correct and the .lua name is inaccurate because someone didn't do their homework before sticking it in. You don't totally screw up your 3D model with the wrong number of engines if it's supposed to be DCS! A simple labeling mistake I can buy.