Here's a little something I have been playing around with. I used a Tu-4 from Paulopanz Tu-4 pack for SF-2. Changed the names to B-29 and edited the weapons and load out. The Skin is Euro WW2:46 B-29 Superfort by Wrench. I had mainly did this to just see if I could. As soon as I can secure permission from the above folks, I plan on releasing it.

post-64268-0-85360500-1351105286_thumb.jpg

post-64268-0-77872300-1351105322_thumb.jpg

post-64268-0-20143100-1351105343_thumb.jpg

so, exactly how is it different from the ones we already have??? In partucular, the aforementioned "What If" ETO, and my 498th BG for the PTO versions?

Is this a new 3D model? Or a B-29 made from a Tu-4 made from a B-29 made by MontyCZ?

Edited by RAVEN

I did this so I woul have a flyable B-29 for SF-2. My understanding the SF-1 aircraft models will not work in SF-2. I don't plan on doing any thing with this untill I get permission from from the people who did the models and the skins such as you. Those people would also get credit.

horses**t!! :biggrin:

They drop right in to SF2!! (I've Superforts in BOTH PTO and Korea mods folder!) They may (ok, will) need new flight models, but they work just fine 'out of the box'

When left as AI controled, as all heavies should be, they work as advertised (albeit at lower altitudes than is is historical, but more or less correctly)

most Gen1 birds (not all, most) will show in Gen 2 and be semi functional. to be fully functional they certainly need tweeking but for AI birds like a B-29, they can pop right in without much goofy stuff. well after adjusting props and decal folders maybe.....

Looks good, we have so far this bird for the SF1 take a look here:

http://combatace.com...b-29-superfort/

http://combatace.com...tress-pack-v15/

Maybe you can use something from those packs, dont forget to give credits ;)

Thank you. As I said I just took the Tu-4 for SF-2 and renamed the files to B-29 and used skin packs that are avalable. I just wanted a flyable B-29 of my own and I was not aware the SF-1 models would work in SF-2. Although DaddyAirplanes did state you do have to tweek them to work. I would not even know where to begain for that. As for posting it. Not now. It's a pretty easy mod to do.

Is this a new 3D model? Or a B-29 made from a Tu-4 made from a B-29 made by MontyCZ?

No it not a new model. It a B-29 for SF-2 from the Tu-4 for SF-2 from MontyCZ's B-29 for SF-1.

hmm I could find my old files and release some new lods

my textures were 1024 and resized to 512pix in the old days to prevent

FPS drops. Now I can release the better ones. And maybe some bumpmaps

could be done too...

• Like 2

most Gen1 birds (not all, most) will show in Gen 2 and be semi functional. to be fully functional they certainly need tweeking but for AI birds like a B-29, they can pop right in without much goofy stuff. well after adjusting props and decal folders maybe.....

Yeaaa. Some one else informed me of that too. They just wern't as nice as you about it. If I want to take a shot at doing the above, how would I adjust the the props and decals?

monty: that would be COOL! I know paulo is going to be going blind making nose art decals for the SuperFort for KAW!!!

warrior: all the info you need is readily available in the SF2 Knowledge Base.

monty: that would be COOL! I know paulo is going to be going blind making nose art decals for the SuperFort for KAW!!!

warrior: all the info you need is readily available in the SF2 Knowledge Base.

Thank you.

could be done too...

Yea man!!!

FC

could be done too...

That would be so cool Monty!

BTW, can you empty your Messagebox? ^^

Monty those are absolutly good news, is there a chance for a cold war B-50 version, i was searchin through the net about the superfortress and found the big brother B-50. It looks incredible amazing.

Monty, that's good news! We need it badly for both WW2 and Korea, so updated model would be great addition!