Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

EAW Terrain Poll

EAW Euro Terrain  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Continue work on the 'original' style for relase, and eventual replacement?

2. 2. Stop ALL work on BN series tiled terrain, and focus on GCE tiled version

well, it seems it started working...

if I concentrate on ONLY the GCE tiled one, it'll be VERY long weeks before release.

If I finish off the 'BN series tiled' version, that can be out in substantially less than "2 Weeks". However, when the GCE version is finished, you'll be downloading a MUCH bigger package, and have to delete this 'older tile' version.

Please take into consideration that there are also several aircraft mods, of some importance, in the pipeline that would suffer delays

YOUR vote/voice is important!

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Wrench

What Whiteknight said.

I think waiting for a more complete, although larger, release in the long run would be more better than patches later is the better option.

• Like 1

I would rather have to total EAW Terrain experience then a watered down version. I look at it as would I sleep with Kristen Stewart if given a chance or politely say no thank you - yeah right did that asteroid hit yet. I go for the complete terrain because I know the care and detail will be worth the wait.

BN - original EAW style (the originals)

GCE - GermanyCE tiles

sorry, my fault! should have made that MUCH more clear!

thing is, the only difference between them, are the tiles. (some cities will need rebuilding for GCE, as is has 'seaport' tiles usefule for Portsmith, Dover, Southhampton, Cardiff, Lorient, Cherbourg, etc,) but in essence, all the same 'target articles' will be there

I'm also NOT planning a full retargeting of the map ... either one! Of nearly 300 target areas, including the now corrected airbases, none of the cities are planned for renovation (either by me or Luftwaffe or 8th AF!). To build proper types of targets, I'd need to go page by page through the Strategic Bombing Survey, and research every single city over 50000 populaiton in Europe, that was hit by either side.

To say nothing of war start in the west, the bombing campaings, DDay and the drive to Berlin....that's all a bit daunting, even for me!

just letting you all know!

Edited by Wrench

I'ld rather wait for the new one. The latest tiles are amazing. They really breathe new life into the terrain engine.

• Like 1

any way to convince you to do the GCE route but low level it while working your aircraft projects? been wanting this for a while as it would more closely resemble Berlin in 1948 than current GermanyCE.

go with GCE, waaay easier to make new sets and plenty of existing ones to choose from

• Like 1

with some of the "specailty" tiles that need making, and truthfully, that's on ly an hours work for me --it's stary that'll have to convert them to mulit-season (which is something I've never learned!!)

stock TODs would have to used, as the placement of historical buildings and such would vanish with the usualy used overcluttered TODs (sorry, brother! your remember what we went through with korea!) make it diffucult to see

an example of 'specialy tiles' is shown in the screenie below...in this case, my semi-famous "city 2 airbase' tile

we'll see what happens...