ok, here's the basic layout for Saint Nazaire...minus the Joubert drydock (and other small details)

Now, it IS possible to 'build' it; however, but since no physical object exists (or even comes close) to a drydock, it'd have to be done by repainting the concrete mole section, just to the right of the large building into 'water'. I could make 'gates' using one of the thin "plattform" objects like I've done on many others. But the drydock will constantly be a 'wet'dock.

Or, simply not do it, and leave the tile as is.

Thoughts?

(also, this and the other 30-odd "special" tiles will be the overpowering reason as to why you'll NOT see the EAW Euro retiled to GermanyCE & 4 seasoned)

It looks nice as shown in the picture

looks ok, as for those 30 custom tiles... pffft!

looks ok, as for those 30 custom tiles... pffft!

says the Tile Master!!! :biggrin: (actually, might be as little as 15 tiles, and most are various seaports)

==

looks a bit better when populated...(yes, the drydock is operational, unless one wants to believe the ship in it is HMS Campbeltown)

• Like 2

I like it your docking!

Looks nice as it is.

I think it should be even better with the gates added.

says the Tile Master!!! :biggrin: (actually, might be as little as 15 tiles, and most are various seaports)

I think making a BN-ized version of my Germany V3 tiles wouldn't hurt me that bad... will see,

as for extra port tiles, these are rather simple to do (docks, piers and the other portsy stuff)

side note: we could reuse those targetareas later for Korea3 terrain...

one more thing -for the dry dock, I think you could use good old "pit_x" parts in a creative way

• Like 1

or blastshields, like I did on the Mississippi and other rivers on the MidWest USA map.

if you look around the drydockd DD, you just see the 'train siding' lod repurposed as the lock edges (at the foot of the cranes).

Wrench,

It looks really good.

one also shouldn't forget our members in the region; expecially when he's doing a bang-up job on skinning Veltro's 262.. I'll have to import a nice house for him (cheatau?sp?)

This one's for Coupi (and it'll add at least another week....this exists at the -one time- southern edge, where the water started. now heavily retiled several hundred KM inland to accomodate the city and remove visual oddites)

now the question ... during ww2, were there bridges across??? If the 2 sides are too far apart, blame me. thoe are sea-2-city tiles, as opposed to city-river tiles. If need be, that can be fixed!

Edited by Wrench

There are plenty of photos of the original docks from the St Nazaire raid. What you can't model could be added to the tile as a texture taken from a photo.

We could use some U-boat pens as well,Fantastic work Wrench you alway's raising the bar. :biggrin:

if you look at the Saint Nazaire basin, that LARGE square structure to the west end (left side of image) IS the sub pen

Well I guess I would have failed that mission!Anyway man your freakin amazing! :biggrin:

you want to see amazing? use the free camera on ANY of my terrains...

for starters.... the

Cuba OTC+ (since that's your part of the world! -even though I absolutely HATED those tiles!!)

MidWest USA

Persian Gulf

India/Pakistan

attention to detail is what I am ... definately over the border OCD on that!! :biggrin: