Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

SSM not launching when "ShowMissile=FALSE".

I have been working on an ini file of an MM38 Exocet for use as an ASM by surface ships in SF2:NA, however I am having an issue.

The missile seems to only launch when the "ShowMissile=" entry is set to "TRUE". If I set it to FALSE the ship will not launch the missile.

Now I have tried the same test missions with other ships with "ShowMissile=FALSE" set for their SSM's. They work just fine and the ship I am setting the MM38 Exocet up for also shoots when I use the RGM-84A from WhiteBoySamurai's cruise missile pack.

Any idea what would cause the "ShowMissile=" flag to make a weapon not launch most of the time? I get the feeling that I am missing something that is staring me in the face but I don't know what. :sad:

Here is to Data from the ship's data.ini file for the gunner and missile.

[Exocet]
SystemType=GUNNER
GunnerID=1
TargetType=GROUND
MissileRange=42000.0
MinMissileRange=0.0
PitchLimited=TRUE
PitchAngleRate=45.0
MinPitch=0
MaxPitch=75
DefaultPitchAngle=15.0
YawLimited=FALSE
YawAngleRate=90.0
MinYaw=
MaxYaw=
DefaultYawAngle=180
MissileLaunchTime=6.0
VisualSearchTime=3.0
ViewportPosition=0.0,-4.965,6.14
IndependentSearchChance=100
LookAroundChance=100
GunnerFireChance=100
GunnerFireTime=0.5
MaxMissilesInAir=4
YawModelNodeName=Giro_exocet
PitchModelNodeName=Alza_exocet
ParentComponentName=Hull
ModelNodeName=Sop_Exocet2
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
EffectSize=1.0
MinExtentPosition=-2.352,-7.38,1.535
MaxExtentPosition=2.352,-4.317,4.076
StructuralFactor=500.0
HasArmor=TRUE
ArmorMaterial=STEEL
Armor[FRONT].Thickness=10.0
Armor[right].Thickness=10.0
Armor[left].Thickness=10.0
Armor[REAR].Thickness=10.0
Armor[TOP].Thickness=10.0
Armor[bOTTOM].Thickness=10.0

[Missile1]
SystemType=MISSILE
GunnerID=1
MissileID=1
WeaponTypeName=MM38
WeaponPosition=0.0,-4.965,4.14
ShowMissile=FALSE
IndependentPitchMovement=FALSE
ReloadCount=3
ReloadTime=1.0

Here is the data for the missile itself. If anyone has more accurate data on the MM38 Exocet please let me know what numbers need to be adjusted. The sources I have don't say what the BoosterDuration and BoosterAccel should be for example.

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=MM38
FullName=MM-38 Exocet
ModelName=MM_38
Mass=735.000000
Diameter=0.350000
Length=5.210000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.389000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.404000
AttachmentType=
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=FRANCE
StartYear=1975
EndYear=2040
Availability=3
BaseQuantity=8
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1979
ExportEndYear=2040
ExportAvailability=2
WeaponDataType=7
FinStabilized=TRUE
EffectClassName=CruiseMissileEffects
ReleaseDelay=1.000000
WarheadType=1
Explosives=165.000000
FusingDistance=0.000000
ClusterBomblets=0
ClusterDispersion=0.000000
GuidanceType=7
Accuracy=85
MaxTurnRate=4.000000
MaxLaunchG=3.000000
LockonChance=80
LaunchReliability=95
ArmingTime=3.000000
SeekerFOV=30.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=60.000000
SeekerTrackRate=12.000000
SeekerRange=24000.000000
CLmax=14.000000
MinLaunchRange=4000.000000
MaxLaunchRange=42000.000000
Duration=180.000000
CapabilityFlags=0x10100002
LoftAngle=0.000000
MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000
StartDecentRange=0.000000
DescentAngle=45.000000
MinimumAltitude=50.000000
BoosterStart=0.000000
BoosterDuration=4.000000
BoosterAccel=9.000000
BoosterEffectName=LargeShipMissileFireEffect
BoosterSoundName=Missile
BoosterNodeName=
BoosterPosition=0.000000,-1.128000,0.000000
SustainerDuration=60.000000
SustainerAccel=0.250000
SustainerEffectName=
SustainerSoundName=
SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.890000,0.000000
InFlightEffectName=MissileInFlightEffect
InFlightSoundName=
ReleaseAnimationID=-1
CEP=40.000000
IsDecoy=FALSE
JammerStrength=0.000000

I've had a similar problem with infra-red SAMs like the RAM on the LCS. It typically refused to shoot unless ShowMissile=TRUE, despite (or perhaps because of) it being completely concealed by the launcher. Cruise missiles have all worked fine for me so far, though... What sort of launcher setup do you have on the ship? If possible, post up the vessel and missile you're using and I'll see if I can replicate the issue on my end.

Thanks for the response. I have sent you a PM with the download for the ship and attached the updated weapon and ship data to it.

Did you guys ever figure this out? Ran into the same problem myself, I'd be interested to know the fix (or the cause).

Since other missiles like the Harpoon don't have this issue, I'm thinking there may be something within the old Exocet model itself that's causing the issue. That makes no logical sense, I know, but it wouldn't be the first time for this series... I'll see what I can come up with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lazarus1177

View File Mirage 5PA3
      PAF Mirage 5 PA-3 for SF2(FUll-Merged) OR at least any 1 game Required.

This pack represents the Mirage 5PA3 of the Pakistan Air Force used to reinforce the Navy with an Anti-Naval capability.Now the Question is are there other packs which represent this same aircraft?Yes but those packs require DLC to work.
      THis package contains the entire Aircraft with the necessary LODS, pilots and weapons hence,becoming a STANDALONE pack for this aircraft.Made specifically for the Indo-Pak Mod.

The Mirage 5PA3 was acquired by the Pakistani Air Force as a new build aircraft during the Early eighties and has since been subject to many upgrades.The PA3 is fitted with a CSF Agave Radar for compatability with the (in)famous AM39 Exocet Anti-Ship Missile.Based on the Cockpit images,I chose the cockpit of the Mirage factory Kfir and modified the Radar values to match the real world aircraft.The Loadouts and Mission Data has also been adjusted accordingly aswell.100% Historically accurate Decals to represent aircraft assigned to the 8th Squadron "Haiders" based at PAFB Masroor at Karachi.Due to the limitations of the Mirage Factory Mirage 5BA model,the aircraft is not 100% identical to the real world jet as the nose is a little short and due to the absence of the 'radar bump' beneath the nose.

Technical Issues:
      1.Since I did not install NA due to space constraints,the Anti-Ship effectiveness of the AM39 Exocet could not be integrated.You can still fire the missile but it won't track towards anything.

IMPORTANT:
      I HEREBY CLAIM NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY OF THE CHANGES THIS MOD MAY RENDER TO YOUR GAME(Even though it doesn't).IF THIS MOD IS INSTALLED,THEN IT IS DONE ONLY BY THE WILL OF THE USER AND I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS.INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.(The mod is perfectly safe,but I still claim no responsibility just to be safe!)

RELEASED UNDER COMBATACE FREEWARE LICENSE.CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.

You are allowed to use this package for your own mod(s).Please give all credit to all the Original Authors whose work has been used here.

Credits:
      Base textures and LODs:Mirage Factory
      Pilot Model:Mirage Factory
      Seat:Borrowed from denissoliveira Mirage IIIEP
      Fuel Tanks:Mirage Factory
      Exocet:Borrowed from FoxMonter Etendard Pack

HELP NEEDED:
      If anybody can get the Exocet to work properly,then please post it as an update so everyone can benefit from it.Thanks!

Regards;

Murtaza Akbar
      Submitter Lazarus1177 Submitted 06/15/2015 Category Mirage 5  
    • By KJakker

View File SF2:NA US Ship Update FIX Pack
      This is a fix pack for my "SF2:NA US Stock Ships Data File Mod/Update 1.0" located at the link below.

http://combatace.com/files/file/14561-sf2na-us-stock-ships-data-file-modupdate/

When I uploaded the US Stock Ships Data File Update pack I accidentally packed up some of my second to last file versions instead of the final variants I intended to upload.

This Fix Pack contains the adjustments that I overlooked when I first uploaded the pack.

Just copy and paste into the mod folder that you placed the "SF2:NA US Stock Ships Data File Mod/Update 1.0" into and overwrite when ask.

I am also updating the pack to include the changes this pack adds so you don’t need this Fix Pack if you downloaded the "SF2:NA US Stock Ships Data File Mod/Update" after 2/9/2014.
      Submitter KJakker Submitted 02/09/2014 Category Other  
    • By KJakker

View File SLAVA Class Data File Mod/Update
      This package contains modified data files for the Slava Class Cruiser. It is meant for SF2:NA based installs only.

You will need the Slava class upgrade package 1.1

http://combatace.com/files/file/12802-slava-class-upgrade-package/

Alternatively if you have the SF2:NA Expansion Pack by eburger68 then it can be used with the Slava included in the pack.

/--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This package makes numerous adjustments to the Slava Data file.

The most important is making the SA-N-6 missile launchers function via a Gunner instead of using the [WeaponSystem] entery. As such they operate similar to the launchers on WhiteBoySamurai's cruisers.

Some slight adjustments have also been made to the SA-N-4 gunners.

Additionally all other gunners have been heavily overhauled in order to adjust the performance of the ship's gun systems against the AA and CIWS role.

The Alt1 file is uses stock or existing guns while the Alt2 file uses custom modified guns.
      Submitter KJakker Submitted 01/14/2014 Category Cruisers  
    • By WhiteBoySamurai

View File Cruise missile update pack for SF2:NA
      This package includes 97 third-party weapons which I have updated to SF2:NA standards, adjusting for real-world specifications where possible. These include every single cruise missile that I have in my collection, plus a few exotic variants of them (i.e. Soviet anti-radiation versions) which I've tweaked for consistency.

Some of the weapons are by me, but the vast majority were from the SF2 Ordnance Shop pack. Kudos and credits to the original modellers. If you made one of these items and would like individual credit, do not hesitate to contact me. And if you have more cruise missiles or updated models for existing ones, please let me know right away.

Note: These weapons now use the new cruise missile data type from SF2:NA, so they will NOT work with earlier versions of the game.
      Submitter WhiteBoySamurai Submitted 06/06/2012 Category Weapon Packs  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.