Curious here - editing the ini for a new anti-ship missile.  Wonder what's the scalar on Explosives= ?

I mean for a 500 lb Mk 82 it's 89.000000.  Only 89 of WHAT?

For reference a 1,000 lb Mk 83 is 202.0000000000.

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly it's the warhead weight, the amount of explosive weight the weapon has.

10 minutes ago, EricJ said:

If I remember correctly it's the warhead weight, the amount of explosive weight the weapon has.

Oh, it's kilograms of explosive.

The Mk 82 has only 89kg of explosive in it, hence the Explosive= 89.000000.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nuni
      Hi there guys, I have been wondering something for a while. Wandering around the DATA ini of some VTOL aircrafts I realised that there is a type of engine dedicated to attitude control (obviously there must be a way to move around the aircraft when you are almost static in the air), that as you may already know, are the RCS. I have not seen any exhaust effect applied to this systems in game, for example a Harrier hovering only has the exhaust effect of its four nozzles, but do you know if it is possible to add effects to them? I was thinking of using RCS effects to use them in a spacecraft model, burning only as you use them when maneuvering the ship. That would be very cool indeed!
      I already tried copying the ExhaustEffect command hoping that it would work but it didn't... Do you have any other idea to at least fake this thrusters?

• By Spudknocker
      So in the Data INI of aircraft theres the AI section as we all know...  However Im having a couple issues with the AI  sections of a couple of aircraft.

The biggest issue is strafing with the F-15E and its variants basically my issue is no matter how I alter the strafing section the jets dont fire a consistent number of bullets and usually too short of the target and sometimes do not even shoot at all I havent been able to figure this out but I will keep playing with it.  Anyone have any ideas?  or suggestions? 
    • By KJakker
      Guys, you may remember my F-106 aircraft and cockpit MAX file question. thread where I explored the possibility of rendering the canopy frame of the F-106 cockpit transparent the simulate the Project Six Shooter canopy. While the idea I had did not work I haven't forgotten about it. Today while I was looking over some B-52 stuff I came across a link in a ReadMe file to the thread "Generic Cockpits: applications to strategic air warfare" started by Lexx_Luthor at the ThirdWire forums back in 2007 that hit me with a work around solution to the issue.

Feast your eyes upon this!

All you need are the following INI file edits...

...in the "F-106A_DATA.INI" add the following.

[AircraftData]
      Component[008]=HidePart1<----Append these two entries to the the end of the [AircraftData] section component list.
      Component[009]=HidePart2

Then add the two entries below after the [VertTail] section of the data file just above the "// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------" line.

[HidePart1]
      ModelNodeName=CockpitCover
      ShowFromCockpit=FALSE
      DamageRating=DESTROYED
      HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

[HidePart2]
      ModelNodeName=Glass
      ShowFromCockpit=FALSE
      DamageRating=DESTROYED
      HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

After that is done go into the F-106A_COCKPIT.INI and do the following...

[CockpitSeat001]
      ModelName=F-106_Pit
      Position=0.0,5.8,1.0
      Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0
      ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
      MaxYaw=160 <----Edited to increase range of head moment.
      MinYaw=-160 <----Edited to increase range of head moment.
      MaxPitch=90 <----Edited to increase range of head moment.
      MinPitchFront=-74 <----Edited to increase range of head moment.
      MinPitchRear=-50 <----Edited to increase range of head moment.
      LightRange=1.5
      LightInnerConeAngle=50
      LightOuterConeAngle=60
      LightAngles=0.0,-44.0,0.0
      DiffuseLightFactor=0.5
      NightLightOn=0.25
      NightLightColor=0.6,0.3,0.4
      Gunsight=GunsightFront
      Instrument
      Instrument[001]=AirspeedIndicator
      Instrument[054]=Move1 <----Append these three entries to the end of the "CockpitSeat001" instruments list.
      Instrument[055]=Move2
      Instrument[056]=Move3

Then add the three entries below the the end of the F-106A_COCKPIT.INI.

[Move1]
      Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR 
      NodeName=CanopyFrame
      MovementType=POSITION_Z 
      Set[01].Position=-99 
      Set[01].Value=0.0 
      Set[02].Position=-99 
      Set[02].Value=1.0 

[Move2] 
      Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR 
      NodeName=RWindow
      MovementType=POSITION_Z 
      Set[01].Position=-99 
      Set[01].Value=0.0 
      Set[02].Position=-99 
      Set[02].Value=1.0 

[Move3] 
      Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR 
      NodeName=RWindow01
      MovementType=POSITION_Z 
      Set[01].Position=-99 
      Set[01].Value=0.0 
      Set[02].Position=-99 
      Set[02].Value=1.0

Edit: minor spelling fix.
    • By Spudknocker
      Hello!  I am trying to figure out the soundlist ini and sounds in the game generally.  Ive noticed I have a flaresout.wav in my sound file ive tried adding the sound to the soundlist ini but doesn't seem to work.  Im also having trouble adding windloop/radio loop sounds to a strike eagle's sound section when it wasn't there before, anyone have any advice? I couldn't find an answer in the knowledge base.  I figured adding some wind/radio to the F-15E would be pretty cool and a flaresout sound would be awesome!
    • By Spudknocker
      Hello all!  I've been working on a Saudi F-15SA to share with everyone but something keeps bugging me.  No matter what I do the nationality of the F-15S is always -None- in the single mission screen.  I have Saudi Arabia in my nations.ini and other F-15's with Saudi skins or my Saudi F-15C_RSAF never have this strange issue anyone have any suggestions?  Also I have fixed the double cockpit issue with the Singaporean F-15SG if anyone wants me to upload that fixed Data.ini just let me know. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..