Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Yet another crash

It is said that the crash was caused by a failure in the controls wich caused the aircraft to dive while flying too close to the ground. It hit the police detail, leaving 6 officers wounded, wich however, managed to get the pilot out of the aircraft alive. It was just reported that he died of burns two hours after the crash. RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=if0jhEA2z8k

RIP - lucky there weren't more casualties

Tragedy strikes again... R.I.P.....

RIP

It was Hispano HA-200D Saeta

This one.

HA-200_Saeta_%28recortada%29.jpg

Pilot is survived by wife and 18 month old daughter. Was a 34 year old active duty Air Force Major, an aide to the Defense Minister and a veteran Hornet pilot having served in Lybia and Afghanistan. He was filling in for the usual pilot. Apparently, an engine flameout caused the weird maneuver, instead of a pilot error or control surface lock as i had thought.

Poor guy... alas Marboré engines can flame-out just cause you push the throttle foward a little quickly. I believe this tragedy happen in France some years ago aboard a Magister or Zephir.

Edited by B52STRATO