mysonsaysaudi

A-6 problem in eburger68 SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0

I noticed this today when I was playing this mod. Is something missing from my install? simple .ini fix? It only does this with the A-6 no other aircraft. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks guys!

post-52881-0-00743100-1369505480_thumb.jpg

Naming. Be sure the Textures are named 'A-6_NOSE, A-6_BODY.....ect. Usually, When one sees the "Black Jets" it's due to Texture Naming. The game Engine can see the Model, but not the Textures in this Case. Use the Third Wire Naming as an Example on how SF2 reads Textures. Also, Be sure that the Decal.INI and TextureSet.ini are set in Unicode encoding. Also, "Case" (Lower-Upper) makes a difference in Naming.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Okay cool, thanks Killerbee. I'll see what I can do to fix it with the information you've given me. :beer:

One last thing I forgot, If the Textures read: A-6_1, A-6_2....ect. That's MontyCZ's A-6's. If it goes: A-6_BODY, A-6_NOSE,A-6_TAIL...ect. That's ThirdWire's.

I have had similar problems. Thanks for the information on the skins. Also there is a problem with the A-6A.Data file. I can tell because the tail hook and air breaks are deployed. When I went with the stock data file it corrected the lod.

I have had similar problems. Thanks for the information on the skins. Also there is a problem with the A-6A.Data file. I can tell because the tail hook and air breaks are deployed. When I went with the stock data file it corrected the lod.

That tells Me that there are some Conflicts between MontyCZ's A-6 and the Stock A-6. Check the Read-Me of the "MOD" and see which A-6 they used and why.......Usually due to Cockpit use. I prefer the ThirdWire A-6 Myself.

Okay since it reads like this I need to change it all to read like what you have stated above? Can I copy and paste the Original A-6 Files from 3rd Wire and not use MontyCZ's?

75445465.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sorry for the imageshack link I couldn't upload the screen shot on here like normal for some reason

Edited by mysonsaysaudi

No Problem, Those Textures are for MontyCZ's A-6. But I bet the A-6A.INI is calling out for the Stock A-6A Model.(More than Likely) What I did is eliminate all instances of Monty's A-6 and used this File instead: http://combatace.com/files/file/12897-a-6-superpack/ I know it's a little of a hassle, but worth it in the long run.

Edited by 331Killerbee

TheWarrior & mysonsayaudi:

I just checked my local install of the SF2V Expansion Pack with the latest updates applied. I don't see any problems with the A-6A or the A-6B. The skins are fine. The air brakes and tail hook are also fine.

The Expansion Pack uses the stock ThirdWire Intruder, not MontyCZ's Intruder. (The EA-6A and EA-6B uses MontzCZ's models, but those are different aircraft).

If you're seeing problems with the skins, air brakes, or tailhook and those problems are traceable to having bits from the MontzCZ A-6A Intruder in your A-6A folder, then my best guess is that those bits came from the A-6A FOTI package, which the ReadMe advises users to download in order to grab the necessary cockpit files included in that package.

Users should install only the cockpit files, though -- i.e., the cockpit folder. If they install the other files from that package, they probably will encounter the very problems that have been described here -- black aircraft (because the INI file is now referencing the wrong LODs which are themselves referencing non-existent skins), deployed tail hook and air brakes (because the DATA.INI is now referencing the wrong animations).

I would recommend removing the cockpit files (listed above) to a temporary location, then deleting the A-6A (and A-6B, if you modded that aircraft as well) from your SF2V install. Then extract the A-6A (and, optionally, A-6B) from the SF2V Expansion Pack files again, installing them along with any updates from the Jan. 2012 update package, and then finally reinstalling the cockpit files.

That should set things right.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

That tells Me that there are some Conflicts between MontyCZ's A-6 and the Stock A-6. Check the Read-Me of the "MOD" and see which A-6 they used and why.......Usually due to Cockpit use. I prefer the ThirdWire A-6 Myself.

Yea. I ended up just reinstalling them and now everything is working fine.

TheWarrior & mysonsayaudi:

I just checked my local install of the SF2V Expansion Pack with the latest updates applied. I don't see any problems with the A-6A or the A-6B. The skins are fine. The air brakes and tail hook are also fine.

The Expansion Pack uses the stock ThirdWire Intruder, not MontyCZ's Intruder. (The EA-6A and EA-6B uses MontzCZ's models, but those are different aircraft).

If you're seeing problems with the skins, air brakes, or tailhook and those problems are traceable to having bits from the MontzCZ A-6A Intruder in your A-6A folder, then my best guess is that those bits came from the A-6A FOTI package, which the ReadMe advises users to download in order to grab the necessary cockpit files included in that package.

Users should install only the cockpit files, though -- i.e., the cockpit folder. If they install the other files from that package, they probably will encounter the very problems that have been described here -- black aircraft (because the INI file is now referencing the wrong LODs which are themselves referencing non-existent skins), deployed tail hook and air brakes (because the DATA.INI is now referencing the wrong animations).

I would recommend removing the cockpit files (listed above) to a temporary location, then deleting the A-6A (and A-6B, if you modded that aircraft as well) from your SF2V install. Then extract the A-6A (and, optionally, A-6B) from the SF2V Expansion Pack files again, installing them along with any updates from the Jan. 2012 update package, and then finally reinstalling the cockpit files.

That should set things right.

Eric Howes

It did for me. Thanks.

Edited by TheWarrior