Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Two questions about modding a plane

Ok, I have two doubts let me present my questions and hope someone can help.

- Is possible to have a "virtual bomb bay door" on external hardpoints? So I need to open the bay in order to be able to launch the weapons.

- Is possible to convert a "gunsight" only HUD into a modern HUD? Something like the vanilla F-16A Hud will do.

Thanks!

You can put a 'Bomb bay' anywhere on (inside or outside) an aircraft, that's just an ini edit, making the weapons show up will take some experimenting with the Bay door's closed, I can't do it, maybe can't done?

Edited by RAVEN

The pylons are already there. Is just to force the player to "do one more thing" before being able to launch the weapons.

Ok, I have two doubts let me present my questions and hope someone can help.

- Is possible to convert a "gunsight" only HUD into a modern HUD? Something like the vanilla F-16A Hud will do.

Thanks!

Yes - been done for the F-4 in a few mods over the years - most of the work needs to be done in avionics.ini 

Stores loaded in a bomb bay are not rendered/ are not visible as long as the bay is closed.

A virtual bombbay on a external pylon, you can load something but it will be invisible until the 'bombay' is opened.

Stores loaded in a bomb bay are not rendered/ are not visible as long as the bay is closed.

A virtual bombbay on a external pylon, you can load something but it will be invisible until the 'bombay' is opened.

I don't think so.

The experience I did with the F-106A is that if you set the right "ModelNodeName=" in the WeaponStation, the stores will show even in the closed bomb bay.

Could this be the reason that I have some weapons not showing up on the racks, that I need to open the doors?

Yep, probably.

But see DaniloE31's post above, apparently the station can be tricked into showing the loaded store even with closed bay.

Up to him to help you further :)

Could this be the reason that I have some weapons not showing up on the racks, that I need to open the doors?

Usually the very first reason why a weapon don't shows up on external pilons is because one forget to install the 3rd part weapon in question :smile: