Sign in to follow this  
Stick

Populating carriers in Single Missions

Ive added NavalMap=True in the IsraelME.ini.

However, Parked aircraft fail to appear in Single Missions, but everything works in Campaign mode.

Even missions I save from a campaign render carriers bare, reminiscent of SF1 days.

Slightly perplexed because in other maps like ODS and OTC I don't face this issue.

Any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Game generated single missions or user created ones?

with the Mission editor!

Settings wise everything is on. 

Im taking a look at the 48-56 Campaign to see if I'm missing anything

I hope you find the answer because I noted the same thing on the Archipelago map just now. I used the mission editor to start the mission from a carrier but it is empty (but for my plane). 

You know what I did!

In the the terrain_Nations.ini, add the particular naval force you want.

e.g; 

FriendlyNation004=USN

When you select a naval aircraft it will start out on a carrier, instead of your having to create a naval unit especially for it. Side benefit parked aircraft.

Woo hooo!

I feel like I've solved a math problem! :airplane:

I'm obviously not good at math (which is an understatement). So I'm a bit at loss.

This is the Archipelago_nations.ini.

What to do? 

(I'm using the Karel Doorman as carrier and I'm flying for the Netherlands Navy.)

--------------------------------------

[Theater]
TheaterName=Tuatanu Archipelago
Location001=British, French & Spanish St. George's Islands
Location002=Occupied St. George's Islands

[LimitedNationList]
FriendlyNation001=RAF
FriendlyNation002=FRANCE
FriendlyNation003=SPAIN
FriendlyNation004=Australia
FriendlyNation005=FrenchNavy
FriendlyNation006=AustralianNavy
FriendlyNation007=NewZealand
FriendlyNation008=RoyalNavy
FriendlyNation007=Netherlands
FriendlyNation008=NetherlandsNavy
EnemyNation001=CHINA
EnemyNation002=NKorea
EnemyNation003=Indonesia

Check that your aircraft used have the same nation listed in their data ini and or userlist.

thats right...but you your sequence is repeated...

FriendlyNation008=NetherlandsNavy;

should be

FriendlyNation009=Netherlands
FriendlyNation010=NetherlandsNavy;

Your Nations.ini in the Flight folder should have these. To make it simple just add the USN and use the latest CVN-63 or 68 model.

Another thin I noticed was in SF2NA would be make sure the aircraft you use is the same nation as the Carrier.

Thanks all. I corrected the sequence numbering and it works!

does anybody have the already unpacked terrain nations ini for the desert terrain?

thats right...but you your sequence is repeated...

FriendlyNation008=NetherlandsNavy;

should be

FriendlyNation009=Netherlands

FriendlyNation010=NetherlandsNavy;

Your Nations.ini in the Flight folder should have these. To make it simple just add the USN and use the latest CVN-63 or 68 model.

Oops...

Something else to fix.  It's the little things you always miss.

Something weird I've noticed is that aircraft carriers don't do well when you attempt to export them to other countries.  You pretty much have to make a dedicated carrier for each naval air arm.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By HomeFries

View File Israeli Defense Force Add-on for A-6 Superpack
      THIS PACK REQUIRES THE A-6 SUPERPACK 1.51 OR LATER.

The IDF/AF A-6 Pack has been tested with Strike Fighters 2 Full 5+2 merged install. It should work with less than a full 5+2, but requires the following SF2 versions to take advantage of the respective components:

SF2V for the A-6A
      SF2NA for the A-6E and A-6E_79
      SF2I for the campaigns and serial numbers for the aircraft

This pack is strictly a "What If" set of skins and campaigns that explores what might have happened had Israel purchased the A-6 Intruder from the United States. The pack includes skins for the A-6A, A-6E, and A-6E_79 (TRAM) in the standard IDF camouflage both with and without ID Triangles. It is unlikely that the IDF would have used ID Triangles on the A-6, given that it doesn't look like anything flown by Arab nations, but I included the skins for completeness.

Additionally, the Six Days War, Yom Kippur War, and Lebanon 1982 campaigns also have A-6 variants, allowing you to fly the A-6 without unbalancing the campaign.

Finally, the Optional Files folder includes the original SF2I campaigns. These campaigns are identical (as of the July 2012 patch) to the SF2I campaigns in the CAT file, but have the campaign base screen set to Ramat David airfield.

1. Change Log
      1.0 Initial Release

2. Installation
      Copy the files to your SF2 "Mod" folder.
      Copy the contents of the Optional Files folder to your SF2 "Mod" folder, if desired.
      Enjoy!

3. Known Issues
      I did not include an updated A-6x_Userlist.INI file. This is by design, since this pack is "What if".

4. Future Compatibility Issues
      In the event of a SF2 patch, you will want to examine the following files with the post-patch extracted files to see if there are any changes or potential incompatibilities:
      CAMPAIGNI1_DATA.INI
      CAMPAIGNI2_DATA.INI
      CAMPAIGNI3_DATA.INI

In each case, the only difference in the files should be the following line:

CampaignBaseScreen=RamatDavid.jpg

If the original SF2I campaigns are updated, merely copy over the updated CAMPAIGNIx_DATA.INI and add the line "CampaignBaseScreen=RamatDavid.jpg" to the appropriate location.

5. Credits

Wrench's A-6E Templates were the basis for these skins.

All other credits can be found in the A-6 Superpack.

This Pack is released in accordance with the Combat Ace Freeware Licensing Agreement. Please feel free to use the contents of this pack with any other mod, so long as appropriate credit is provided.

For support, please post in the File Announcement thread for this mod at Combat Ace.
      Submitter HomeFries Submitted 08/11/2012 Category What If Hangar  
    • By HomeFries
      THIS PACK REQUIRES THE A-6 SUPERPACK 1.51 OR LATER.

The IDF/AF A-6 Pack has been tested with Strike Fighters 2 Full 5+2 merged install. It should work with less than a full 5+2, but requires the following SF2 versions to take advantage of the respective components:

SF2V for the A-6A
      SF2NA for the A-6E and A-6E_79
      SF2I for the campaigns and serial numbers for the aircraft

This pack is strictly a "What If" set of skins and campaigns that explores what might have happened had Israel purchased the A-6 Intruder from the United States. The pack includes skins for the A-6A, A-6E, and A-6E_79 (TRAM) in the standard IDF camouflage both with and without ID Triangles. It is unlikely that the IDF would have used ID Triangles on the A-6, given that it doesn't look like anything flown by Arab nations, but I included the skins for completeness.

Additionally, the Six Days War, Yom Kippur War, and Lebanon 1982 campaigns also have A-6 variants, allowing you to fly the A-6 without unbalancing the campaign.

Finally, the Optional Files folder includes the original SF2I campaigns. These campaigns are identical (as of the July 2012 patch) to the SF2I campaigns in the CAT file, but have the campaign base screen set to Ramat David airfield.

1. Change Log
      1.0 Initial Release

2. Installation
      Copy the files to your SF2 "Mod" folder.
      Copy the contents of the Optional Files folder to your SF2 "Mod" folder, if desired.
      Enjoy!

3. Known Issues
      I did not include an updated A-6x_Userlist.INI file. This is by design, since this pack is "What if".

4. Future Compatibility Issues
      In the event of a SF2 patch, you will want to examine the following files with the post-patch extracted files to see if there are any changes or potential incompatibilities:
      CAMPAIGNI1_DATA.INI
      CAMPAIGNI2_DATA.INI
      CAMPAIGNI3_DATA.INI

In each case, the only difference in the files should be the following line:

CampaignBaseScreen=RamatDavid.jpg

If the original SF2I campaigns are updated, merely copy over the updated CAMPAIGNIx_DATA.INI and add the line "CampaignBaseScreen=RamatDavid.jpg" to the appropriate location.

5. Credits

Wrench's A-6E Templates were the basis for these skins.

All other credits can be found in the A-6 Superpack.

This Pack is released in accordance with the Combat Ace Freeware Licensing Agreement. Please feel free to use the contents of this pack with any other mod, so long as appropriate credit is provided.

For support, please post in the File Announcement thread for this mod at Combat Ace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..