Rends, any plans for Army Airfields in the west? Have alist and can get locations again if interested in adding them

Rends, any plans for Army Airfields in the west? Have alist and can get locations again if interested in adding them

Thx for your offer. There are no plans to add more yet. We have enough todo with the current ones.

Drewitz Airbase almost complete

post-86717-0-05542000-1392320182_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Started today.

Working on GDR Marxwalde Airbase

post-86717-0-18574300-1392394484_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

This should have been a working day on the airfield like the other days of the last weeks.

Standing up at 5.40am picked up by the bus at 6.30am and grabbed the shovel at 7.00am

But what to hell was that? They didn't leave me in anymore!

post-86717-0-42728600-1392512584_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Cool mate, really cool. Looking forward to this mod.

What a piece of work!!!

Remind me those happy days of 80's with all that cold war enviroment!

Current Project Status.

Done:
Adelsheim Highway Strip - added
Amberg Barracks - added
Autobahn grey/concret painting/all seasons - done
Border - corrected
Bremerhaven harbour - added
Brekendorf Radome - added
Brocken Mountain ELND Facility - added
Bückeburg Autobahn tile - corrected
Duisburg new harbour - added
Frankfurt aM -Skyscrapers - added
Göttingen Bridge - relocated
Hamburg - Bridge, harbourCranes/Ships - added
Havelberg Barracks - added
Heidelberg - Bridge - added
Helmstedt Border crossing - added
Hohn airbase - added
Husum airbase - added
Köln-Wahn Trees on runway - removed
Leuna Werke - added
Leipzig - spelling correction  - done
Magdeburg Bridge - added
Marxwalde Airbase Terrain texture - corrected
Minden Bridge - relocated
Most vehicles now GroundObjects - changed
Northern Germany Coastline - reworked
Nordholz airbase - added
Plön Barracks - added
Radardome now Terrainobject - changed
Rheine Bridge - added
Rostock Bridge - added
Rudolphstein Border crossing - added
Ruhr Area Coal mines - added (WIP)
terobject_Trees2.tga new roadsign - done
Suhl Radardomes am Schneekopf - added
Sykscrapers in Cities - removed
Wismar new harbour terrain/texture - added
Stock Warsaw Pact Airbases - New Buldings - switched (temporarly)
West Germany Airbases - New Buildings - switched (temporarly)
RAF Airbase for (Brüggen,Gatow, Gütersloh,Laarbruch,Wildenrath) - New Buildings - switched (temporarly)
Renamed RAF Airbases to "Townname" RAF Airbase - done
USAF Airbases - new Buildings -switched (temporarly)
Tree streets crossing graphic bug - solved

Cooling Towers added at Cottbus,Dessau,Duisburg,Hürth,Magdeburg,Mainz,Wesel

Highway Bridges at Hannover,Berlin, Ladbergen, Unna, Leipzig, Gera, Bad Hersfeld, Frankfurt am Main, Heilbronn, Nürnberg

Overhead power lines added at (Bremen,Dresden,Duisburg/Düsseldorf,East Berlin,Erlangen, Frankfurt a.M.,Hamburg, Hannover,Kassel,Ludwigsburg,Magdeburg,München,Rüsselsheim)

Radio Towers added at(HH, F.a.M.,Nürnberg,München, Köln, Koblenz, Dresden, Kiel, Berlin-Schäferberg, Stuttgart,Kassel,Leer, Dortmund,Braunschweig, Essen)

Stock East Germany Target Areas enhanced for (Altenburg,Brandenburg,Dessau,Eisenach)

Reworked Airbases:

West Germany:
Pferdsfeld Airfield
Ramstein USAFE Airfield

East Germany:
Drewitz Airfield
Blankenhain Field Airfield
Schlotheim Field Airfield
Haina Field Airfield
Marxwalde
Schönefeld International Airport

any plans for the Rendsburg High Bridge, over the canal?

Well not yet but it would be a cool target :biggrin:

LOL!

I'd debated putting "some kind of bridge" over the Canal on my WW2 maps; but didn't want to have it bombed (as I'd never found any references to that ever happening!!)

then, the problem is, would you have it raised or lowered??? !!!!

pity we can't get shipping lanes to work properly down rivers/canals (yes, I've experimentated with it ... damn formations is what messes it up!) Don't want "the ships that sail over land and sea" (ala Elric)

Well,if i remember correctly the allied tried to bomb it . It was never a primary target but when heading back from Kiel or other targets in the east allied bombers dropped bombs that they had left from in bombing bays for different reasons.

The Rendsburg high bridge was protected by ballons and flak units on the southside.

Nice idea to let some ships shipping through the canal.sad that it doesn't work.

Maybe is possible to have static ships as targets? Not the best solution but those ships are not that fast and they will made so cool targets!

sure, put some small ships in the canal, or tied up to the city's river banks in town (that's easy! I do it all the time!)

width (or beam) of the ships would determine which ship model could be used. Would be dependent on which tiles are used for the canal. If city-river, you can still fit the stock 3W cargo ship (as there are "pull outs" all along the canal for shipping to pass in both directions). If city-2-sea type, still not a problem, as the distance across (say, using a SC50A or B) is apporx 3-400 meters ( as measured by stock 3w bridge sections, which by an odd happenstance, are 100m spans, with 50m end sections)

or repaint one of Stephan1918's ships, as I've been doing, and just have it parked there.

Every campaign has target types defined for different air offensives in the *campaign_name*_data.ini file: This is from one of the SF2 desert campaigns:

I'm not an expert at terrain design, but from what I've seen, when you add an object to a terrain via the *terrain_name*_targets.ini, you also add that object to the *terrain_name*_types.ini file. In the _types.ini file, you assign a "type" to each object.

From the VietnamSEA_targets.ini file in the SF2V AGXP:

and then from the VietnamSEA_types.ini

So, you could assign the ships, cranes, etc... that are used in the ports as "warehouse" or "fuel_storage" types, and then the campaign would select those as targets for strike missions whenever those air offensives come up. You could do it with any object you are adding that you think could be a target during wartime. This is something that I think could make a HUGE difference in breaking up the repetitive nature of strike missions in the SF2E campaigns. It's made a huge difference in the SF2V AGXP...

If (pretty please), you were to go back to some of the objects you've added and place a few AAA entries around them as well... the results could be interesting...

Maybe someone (I will if I get a chance) can extract the SF2E campaign_data.ini files so you know what types are called out in the stock campaigns.

Is theres something to take care of?

I just tested it with the GeneratorBuilding you find on the end of each powerline. Switched the target type to Radar but then the building dissappeared from an airfield where i have placed it.

Edited by Rends

generator buildings are classed as "POWER_PLANT" in the types ini, as is that giant sized one on the GCE map

the other to use, for quays/docks/piers/cranes/etc is "NAVAL_BASE"  (converslyl, barracks and such can be classed as "ARMY_BASE"

I use WAREHOUSE for static (docked) ships. Except naval vessels in-port, they stay WARSHIP

to REALLY vary the types to attack, (this trick goes way back to SF1, early 2000s) extract the SingleMission.ini, place in the /Flight folder, and edit as follows:

[TargetValues]
MinStrikeTargetValue=10
HeavyStrikeValue=1000
NormalStrikeValue=100

now, you can take you multi-million dollar aircraft, with weapons costing 10s (or 100s) of thousand to dollars, and blow up the 500 dollar truck

:biggrin:

Heidelberg - Bridge - added? And the Hockenheimring  :biggrin: ? It was perfect for landing an taking off in the forest  :biggrin: 

512px-Circuit_Hockenheimring-1982.svg.pn

Edited by cangas
  • Like 2

Is theres something to take care of?

I just tested it with the GeneratorBuilding you find on the end of each powerline. Switched the target type to Radar but then the building dissappeared from an airfield where i have placed it.

As Wrench mentioned, try changing the type to "POWER_PLANT."  Let's start from there.

As Wrench mentioned, try changing the type to "POWER_PLANT."  Let's start from there.

Well it's a Powerplant by Default.

Here are the 79 WOE campaign entries . I don't have the SF2 yet

[Force001]

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Nation=USAF

BaseArea=Bonn

AirOffensive[001].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[001].Secondary=WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[002].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[002].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[003].Primary=FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[003].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[004].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[004].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[005].Primary=FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[005].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[006].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[006].Secondary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[007].Primary=BRIDGE

AirOffensive[007].Secondary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[008].Primary=BRIDGE

AirOffensive[008].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[009].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[009].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[010].Primary=ANY

AirOffensive[010].Secondary=ANY

If the SF2 isn't different the target list is limited to a few types. In a campaign the building would never be a target if it's a powerplant.

Well it's a Powerplant by Default.

Here are the 79 WOE campaign entries . I don't have the SF2 yet

[Force001]

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Nation=USAF

BaseArea=Bonn

AirOffensive[001].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[001].Secondary=WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[002].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[002].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[003].Primary=FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[003].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[004].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[004].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[005].Primary=FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[005].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[006].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY

AirOffensive[006].Secondary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[007].Primary=BRIDGE

AirOffensive[007].Secondary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[008].Primary=BRIDGE

AirOffensive[008].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[009].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR

AirOffensive[009].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[010].Primary=ANY

AirOffensive[010].Secondary=ANY

If the SF2 isn't different the target list is limited to a few types. In a campaign the building would never be a target if it's a powerplant.

Ah.  I see.  There's two options:

1)  Change the building to to "WAREHOUSE" or something that comes up a lot. or

2)  Just edit the campaign files to add in "POWER_PLANT" as a target during different offensives.  

Ultimately, since you're adding so much great stuff, that might make sense to go ahead and edit the offensives of the campaigns.  That way you can utilize other types as well (as Wrench mentioned, NAVAL_BASE, ARMY_BASE, BRIDGE, etc...) and make sure all this stuff gets targeted in campaigns.  You can always just include the Offensive[001]...Offensive[xxx] sections in the readme of your terrain mod and let users copy that section into any GermanyCE based campaign they want to take advantage of the new targets.

Also, FWIW, I don't think I've ever seen the EW_RADAR type work as a campaign offensive target for strike missions.  I'm not sure if it does.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by malibu43

Ok,

but to edit the SF2 campaign entries i need a copy of the SF2 campaign file.

Ok,

but to edit the SF2 campaign entries i need a copy of the SF2 campaign file.

Ah.  I see.  I missed that in your previous post.  I will try to remember to extract them and send them to you next few days... if someone else doesn't beat me to it.