Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Taranis first flight footage

I shall call it...mini B----2! *musical sting*

• Like 1

It does look interesting... I think the major question though is how much is it???

a bit similar to the x-46\x-47? is it not?

but it's still cool!

If I understood correctly this is UAV controlled by a ground based human. But the X-47 is a "free" capable unmaned vahicle that will fly the mission on their own.

Not up to speed on the X-47 - I've seen it land by itself on a carrier - but any weapons drops would have to have the usual UAV team of humans to authorize it first. Suspect its remote controlled with a limited autonomous type ability.

Wonder if it can take evasive action by itself - execute evasive pattern delta 3

It does look interesting... I think the major question though is how much is it???

You thinking of buying one then - says they are small fighter jet size - might not fit in the garage :)

It's a test article, costs aren't relevant. A production version would certainly be different in many ways.