Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Need recommendations

Need a new flight stick for SF2 primarily but also for FSX and DCS. Tired of flying SF2 with an Xbox controller for the past year. Needs to be decent quality and ergonomic. Also must be reasonably priced!

I currently have CH FighterStick & Pro Throttle. They're solid gear. I've been too lazy to re-learn how to program the three "channels" to get three functions per button. I tried buying the new Saitek X55 Rhino, but they're having supply/logistics issues right now. I ordered mine on Amazon in Feb with an expected ship date of 2 Apr...then the ship date pushed back to 4 May...and last week Amazon cancelled the order completely. I'd offer my CH gear to you gratis, but I've promised them to a gentleman from the ATAG Cliff of Dover forums. I'm spending my sim time with CloD patched to Team Fusion's 4.3.

I may be forced to buy my wife the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS rig, to go with her new Playseat Flight Seat (should arrive in a day or so). I'd really like to get the X55.

Oh, and another story of knackered supply/logistics. I paid for a Volair Sim cockpit back in Feb with a tentative shipment date of early April. I checked the web site two weeks ago and the site had a notice that they "anticipated" resuming shipments by the end of May. They were very nice and refunded my purchase within a couple hours of my inquiry. Obutto's R3volution price was too rich for me.

Thrustmaster Warthog....yes spend the money it is worth it. 

I've been using a Logitech G-940 for a couple years. Force feedback stick, split throttle for multi-engine control, rudder pedals. Not bargain-basement but definitely worth the investment, IMO. Being able to "feel" the control surface pressure is as valuable to the experience as Track IR is visually.

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm playing on a laptop as well.

CH FighterStick I have - looks like an F-16 stick and you can get loads of stuff on it - so good enough for me.

CH FighterStick I have - looks like an F-16 stick and you can get loads of stuff on it - so good enough for me.

Yes, and G940 stick I have, mmm, yes!

Come, fly now we will! Fly...or fly not.