Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus1177

PLAAF jet buzzes Navy aircraft

Its typical behavior of all sides. No need to worry. If a chinese recon bird would appeare 135 miles from Hawai US fighters would do the same stuff.

Nothing new, remember the 2001 incident when the Chinese plane actually collided with a USN P-3 when the interceptor flew way too close? That enemy pilot was also just trying to show off and scare the P-3 crew and made a huge mistake. 

This was just a similar pilot trying to scare the crew of the P-8, I agree it's unprofessional as the article says but it's definitely not the first time it has happened. At least this particular pilot knew not to fly too close and cause a potential midair.

At least this particular pilot knew not to fly too close and cause a potential midair.

If the article is acurate he barrel rolled around the P-8 at a distance of 45 feet... before I read it I figured it was going to be a load of bull seing as wester fighters have been doing the same thing to Soviet/Russian MPA/SIGINT birds for the best part of 70 years but this guy was stupidly close.

Craig

If the article is acurate he barrel rolled around the P-8 at a distance of 45 feet... before I read it I figured it was going to be a load of bull seing as wester fighters have been doing the same thing to Soviet/Russian MPA/SIGINT birds for the best part of 70 years but this guy was stupidly close.

Craig

Yeah I didn't read the article, just the headline and first few sentences as I too thought what you originally thought. That is stupidly close, glad it didn't result in a midair.

One article I read yesterday about this had the Chinese warning about a possible future collision! Ram Jaeger!

ordway, I read somewhere recently (where?) that they have a special squadron trained for this, flying close to intimidate. Not sure, but wouldn't be surprised.

Wasn't there a pair of Hornets collided with each other while playing around a Russian or Chinese plane about a decade ago? Another one....I think there was a Russian badger -- or something -- buzzing a US navy ship and flew into the sea. I've forgotten everything about these two incidents. Dumb me.

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye...

And when the PRC pilot loses his eye, because he collided with a heaving, heavy, and lumbering aircraft, his government will scream to high hell how a slow moving transport/recon/special duty aircraft deliberately chased their nimble, yet innocent fighter down and intentionally rammed it.