Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The 5 Coolest Things Ever Said In The History of War

#5. "Well, buddy, just pull your tank in behind me. I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going!"

#4. "Goddamn it! You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole. Follow me!"

#3. "Casualties many; percentage of dead not known; combat efficiency: we are winning."

You can read the rest here

http://www.cracked.com/article_21510_the-5-most-epic-badass-lines-said-by-real-soldiers-in-battle_p2.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

• Like 3

Coda ... wow.

Good find sir.

Check the differences between Marines and Airborne examples, appreciate the latter a bit more. However, it is missing one example of each particular family of wich i can recall now: "Retreat? Hell, we just got here!" from Belleau Wood and the excellent, laconic-Spartan, "Nuts!" from Bastogne. 

was just reading that myself on FB earlier this evening.

the get behind me comment has gone one to become a re-up poster at Bragg.  wonder why...........

NAVY communications, <begin> and <end> codes

From Wake island...

<Send us>

:blah

<More Japs>

----

One to Admiral Halsey...

< ? >

:basically -- where the fvck are you and your fleet?

<the world wonders>

Halsey was pizzed about that one.

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here!" Cpt Lloyd Williams, USMC, 1918

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

In case of doubt, attack.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them suprise you with their ingenuity.

(How did i beat Crazyhorse to these?)

NAVY communications, <begin> and <end> codes

From Wake island...

<Send us>

<More Japs>

----

One to Admiral Halsey...

< ? >

:basically -- where the fvck are you and your fleet?

<the world wonders>

Halsey was pizzed about that one.

Actually, this was just a radio test.

Some of my favorite ones:

"My right wing is retreating, my center is collapsing, no way to move; situation excellent, I do attack!"  Ferdinand Foch at the opening of the 1st Battle of the Marne, 1914

"I was to weak to defend, so I attacked."  Robert Lee after the Battle of Chancelorsville, 1863

"Yell like furies!"  Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson ordering a bayonet charge at the 1st Battle of Manassas, 1861 - Alleged origin of the 'Rebel Yell'

"And I tell you that Wellington is a poor general, that the English are poor soldiers, and that this battle will last for a picnic!"  Emperor Napoleon at the opening of the Battle of Waterloo, 1815, just before midday

"The cowards will go and die in Siberia! The braves will die here as men of honor!" Marshall Davout to his troops surrounded by Russians at the Battle of Eylau, 1807

"Heads up! Grapeshot is no s**t!" Colonel Lepic to his ducking Horse Grenadiers Guards at the Battle of Eylau, 1807

"Have a look at those mugs, look they keen on surrendering!" The same when surrounded, to a Russian officer who offered his horsemen to surrender

"A hussar not dead by thirty is a dodger."  General of light cavalry Antoine Lasalle, himself KIA at 34 at Wagram, 1809

"This battle is lost. But we still have time enough to win an other one before the end of the day."  General Desaix bringing reinforcements by early evening onto the battlefield of Marengo, 1800 - He was then KIA

"Fall back!" "Damn, what is falling back but retreating?"  British lieutenant and sergeant at the 1st Battle of Ticonderoga, 1758

"Had the French had 50,000 men like you, I would have never won this battle." "They had them, Sir, they just lacked the leader you are."  The Duke of Marlborough and a martial-looking captured French sergeant he had noticed during the Battle of Blenheim, 1704

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur

"Hey coward, dont hide! Let me duck behind the tree!"

"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army." Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings.

They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

Karen Aquilar, US Embassy Mogadishu 1991

• Like 1

"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"

Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.