Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Which terrains can use the jungle tileset?

I'm asking about which maps do we have that can use the Jungle tileset as seen in TK Vietnam, Only Vietnam and Cuba?

not cuba ... trust me. It would need a complete rebuild from the Deuses set

seriously, there's a butt load of terrains that use the stock VNSEA tile set. One needs but to look

The only way I know of discovering if a terrain is Jungle compatible is to download the terrain, open it and check if the tiles are called Vietnam_something. That will waste a lot of CombatAce bandwith, shouldn't be easier If someone knows the apropiatte jungle compatible terrains to list them here??

Incredibly enough a lot of terrains use the VietnamSEA tileset. This is my list, I hope it is what you're looking for:

Darwin

Central Pacific, WW2

Hawaii, WW2

Waterworld

Okinawa, WW2

Panama

Solomons, WW2

Philippines, WW2

There are others for sure, most likely WW2 terrains like the one Wrench is working on at the moment :biggrin:. Keep in mind that these terrains are all Wrench's work and so they will contain many new transition tiles; which means that, unless you download some of Stary's tilesets made specifically for these terrains, the stock jungle/Vietnam tileset is not enough.

Edited by Menrva

China (WW2)

Formosa/Phillipines/China coast (WW2) (recently released)

New Guinea (ww2)

-------------------

what I find so disheartening & most discouraging, is the lack of common sense of the question itself. Anyone with more than 2 functioning brain cells should be able to figure out that terrains set in "the tropics" would use the VNSEA tile set. A look at any world map, and comparing the name of terrain to that region, it should have become obvious.

Wrench, you should know that sometimes you seem a little too rude.

Stratos has his reasons to ask such a question, and moreover, if we want to be precise, other Asian terrains use the Germany tileset, such as Korea, Formosa (not the WW2 one), Kamchatka and maybe others.

Oh, BTW good job as always with the recently released terrain, looking forward to seeing your new South-East Asia WW2 theater.

Edited by blaze95

Wrench, you should know that sometimes you seem a little too rude.

Stratos has his reasons to ask such a question, and moreover, if we want to be precise, other Asian terrains use the Germany tileset, such as Korea, Formosa (not the WW2 one), Kamchatka and maybe others.

Oh, BTW good job as always with the recently released terrain, looking forward to seeing your new South-East Asia WW2 theater.

You don't really know and or see what is going on here.  It's exasperating to deal with people who have been members here for over a decade, that have been involved with the series for at least that long, that have never contributed anything in all that time (not even an offer of help and advice to fellow members, or even noobs).   

One would think that those "people" should have some idea as to how the series works by now, and how to research things. Instead, they come off as being lazy, expecting others to do even the most basic things for them. I mean, they ask questions that any 8-year old could find an answer to on Google or Bing. 

Try doing this job for a decade and dealing with such types for that long, and then tell me what you think.

Edited by Fubar512

Thanks Blaze. For the rest of offended members, don't worry, will not post any more questions.