Centurion-1

[W I P] Angola Terrain for the South African border war

That sounds like a good plan FRPignion!

Cocas yeah I was just wondering about that, I know I was also supposed to help on that model but I guess I never did. I just checked it out and it looked quite good actually! So many red side birds to finish

They did, but no RPK (combined ft and rp) as far as I know, just bombs and rocket pods

Really?

0121-03-1-1.jpg

More planes come along... Nice! As for the MB Impala single seat, a new canopy and cannon blister could be attached to the old MB-326 via FakePilot method, as Marcelo´s crate is not available yet - just like the A-4N parts. Just an idea...

This is a possible appearance of the Mirage IIICZ with Ludo's colors:

15437339973_d02b172726_b.jpg

16056304582_faa083ec84_b.jpg

15869709130_5a38ac6868_b.jpg

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 9

Thanks mate! So many things are needed for this theatre! Fortunately we can scratch one now.

• Like 1

More delta:

16072156671_25ec3422a0_b.jpg

15887994999_6aba6d20ea_b.jpg

16073383552_3672846bd6_b.jpg

16074092815_d97a83ac62_b.jpg

15888326957_528e5d40e2_b.jpg

They are almost done, the only thing I need is more info about SAAF Mirage IIIC/EZ loadouts.

• Like 9

That Dakota look good Ludo!

That Dakota look good Ludo!

Thanks, nothing could be possible without good templates :good:

Well, I need for the help of the community, there is a lot of texts in the yellow marks of the SAAF Dakota :

post-1822-0-63577100-1419878536.jpg

Anyone knows what is the text of these inscriptions ?

Thanks

Ludo

post-1822-0-63577100-1419878536.jpg

• Like 1

Any new developments regarding the terrain?

Any new developments regarding the terrain?

Christmas holidays always slow down any development, soon more news.

Almost missed this last post. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to be able to conitnue working on this project!

Helo guys.

Your work and ideas look GREAT..... i cant wait.

I had an idea, but not sure how to do the quickfix.

I have WoI and WoV.  Is it possible to overlay shrub trees (as used on the WoV terain upgrades) ,on the desert tiles. Looking at most of out souther african bush, the veld grass is tan(ish) with the green aksias trees sticking out all over.

Is it posible ? where can i find some info on how to mod.. I have no idea where to start.

Degards.

DeBlerts.

adding trees is done in the Terrain Editor. Both versions are (someplace!) here in the downloads section. (most likely, in SF/Wo* downloads). Look in the Tool/Utilities category

There are 2, one desert only, and "WoE". The "WoE" version can be used for anything, includind desert, with very little work. It's slightly better for TOD object placement (and overall, slightly better)

Good day!!! Have we lost interest here? Stratos? Kevin? I may have something around...

was not part of that, so I don't know nothing! Sorry Enoc!

Sorry guys, but we lack several tiles and transition tiles. Nothing big but as our team lack the capable person of doing that the project is stopped at all effects. :(

Centurion leave without warning and never answered mails or PM, so we don't know If he will return or not.

I would have loved such terrain Flogger, but terrain makers and tilers are in short suplly, and no one is interested in S.W. Africa.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ludo.m54

View File Mirage F1AZ Late
      Mirage F1AZ (1990-1997)
      This mod is dedicated to BPAO, nothing would have been possible without him.
      Single-seat strike and multi-role fighter. It is a simplified attack version with extra fuel in place of radar and some other all-weather avionics.
      The South African Air Force recognized the advantages of a simplified version of the Mirage F1CZ for day visual attack missions. The resulting Dassault-Breguet Mirage F1AZ
      is visually distinguished by having a slender conical nose, resulting from removal of the large Cyrano IVM radar. In its place is the ESD Aïda II ranging radar and a
      laser-ranger, with a large instrument boom housing the pitot/static heads attached on the underside of the nose.  The main avionics racking is moved from behind the cockpit
      to the nose, making room for an extra fuselage tank. Other additions are a Doppler radar and a retractable refueling probe. South Africa received 32 aircraft for service with
      No. 1 Sqn.
      The aircraft were withdrawn from service in 1997.
      F1AZ_Late Specific :
      RWS and RIMS displays and control panels Doppler panel weapon panel "late" version (1978+)
      Covered unit :
      N°1 Squadron Camo. N°1 Squadron post 1994 marking. This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team.
      Submitter ludo.m54 Submitted 11/21/2021 Category Mirage F1  
    • By ludo.m54
      Mirage F1AZ (1990-1997)
      Single-seat strike and multi-role fighter. It is a simplified attack version with extra fuel in place of radar and some other all-weather avionics.
      The South African Air Force recognized the advantages of a simplified version of the Mirage F1CZ for day visual attack missions. The resulting Dassault-Breguet Mirage F1AZ
      is visually distinguished by having a slender conical nose, resulting from removal of the large Cyrano IVM radar. In its place is the ESD Aïda II ranging radar and a
      laser-ranger, with a large instrument boom housing the pitot/static heads attached on the underside of the nose.  The main avionics racking is moved from behind the cockpit
      to the nose, making room for an extra fuselage tank. Other additions are a Doppler radar and a retractable refueling probe. South Africa received 32 aircraft for service with
      No. 1 Sqn.
      F1AZ_Late Specific :
      RWS and RIMS displays and control panels Doppler panel weapon panel "late" version (1978+)
      Covered unit :
      N°1 Squadron Camo. N°1 Squadron post 1994 marking. This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team.
    • By ludo.m54

View File Mirage F1AZ
      Mirage F1AZ (1975-1991)
      The South African Air Force recognized the advantages of a simplified version of the Mirafe F1CZ for day visual attack missions. The resulting Dassault-Breguet Mirage F1AZ
      No. 1 Sqn.

Covered unit :
      N°1 Squadron Early Camo. N°1 Squadron Experimental Camo. This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team.
      Submitter ludo.m54 Submitted 09/21/2015 Category Mirage F1  
    • By ludo.m54
      Mirage F1AZ (1975-1991)
      The South African Air Force recognized the advantages of a simplified version of the Mirafe F1CZ for day visual attack missions. The resulting Dassault-Breguet Mirage F1AZ
      No. 1 Sqn.

Covered unit :
      N°1 Squadron Early Camo. N°1 Squadron Experimental Camo. This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team.
    • By ludo.m54

View File Mirage F-1CZ Late
      Mirage F-1CZ (82).
      South Africa began looking for a replacement for the Mirage III in 1971 and purchased a licence to manufacture the Mirage F1 and its engine, the intention being to produce
      up to 100 Mirage F1s. This license was however cancelled because of the 1977 arms embargo. The SAAF then bought 16 Mirage F1CZs and 32 Mirage F1AZs which were quickly
      delivered by Dassault before the embargo was implemented, with deliveries starting in 1975. Both the F1CZ and F1AZ variants of the SAAF saw action during operations in the
      Border War.
      This version include new RWR and chaffs and flares dispensers.
      Covered unit :
      N°3 Squadron
      Annual Air Combat Manoeuvring 1986
      A big thank to all on Combatace and C6 forums that helped us solving issues we encountered.
      Any omission in credits is totally unwanted, if I forgot somebody, let me know, I will correct this.

This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team.
      Submitter ludo.m54 Submitted 09/14/2015 Category Mirage F1  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..